• I'm testing, but need help! Leanne?

VR [sign in to see picture]

I've emailed to ask advice about a product I'm currently testing but still need help.

My first email wasn't sent directly to Leanne - I assumed they'd look at the order number and see it's a test product.

I'm having an issue with the battery compartment not closing and if it doesn't close, it won't work. We got over that by having OH hold it closed while I used it.

I emailed CS to say my review was ready, but do I mention the battery compartment cover problem. One of my first reviews is still waiting approval (I believe because I'd mentioned a problem with the battery compartment), so I didn't want to submit another one to have it refused and thought I'd clarify first.

CS never got back to me, but sent another tester out - which would have been great if I'd paid for it, but I haven't so now I feel awful.

I sent another email FAO Leanne explaining but still haven't heard anything.

I'm still waiting to see if I should submit review with the problem in it or not. It's only a small problem, but I don't want to force it as the little plastic tab looks like it could snap off, and I did get to test it with help.

I'm also worried that this, ahem, cock up could mean the end of testing for me

Any advice please?

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Hopefully Leanne will see this thread. If not, have you tried emailing community@lovehoney.co.uk? That's the one that I've used in the past for the forum stuff.

Hope this helps :)

[suspended user]

suspended user

VR wrote:

... I'm still waiting to see if I should submit review with the problem in it or not. It's only a small problem, but I don't want to force it as the little plastic tab looks like it could snap off, and I did get to test it with help.

I'm also worried that this, ahem, cock up could mean the end of testing for me

Any advice please?

You should write an email to Leanne at community@lovehoney.co.uk.

Having said that, from my own experience, they do prefer not to have product faults mentioned in reviews, especially if they are testers. That might be the reason why Customer Care sent out a replacement to you, so you could properly test the product. I have two reviews "awaiting approval" since 2014, both of them mention product quality negatives so they will never go live, as I was asked to change them and I didn't. With testers I was once asked not to mention a small issue in my review, and when I said I wasn't comfortable to omit this information, I was asked to send the tester back. So my opinion is, if you want to continue to test products, forget that your first item was faulty (hoping the second one will not be), test the second product, write a review about that one and do not mention it might have factory problems to start with.

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Hello

Oh no I am sorry to hear you have a faulty tester :( I do see that Customer care have emailed you to advise about the fault and have replaced this for you. I am sorry you have not received this , it may be worth checking the spam folder.  

We do not typically post reviews about faulty items as the reviews are there to help customers with the use of the toy or the wear of a garment , we do however use those faulty reviews to feedback to buyers . So do not worry they are not ‘wasted’ reviews.

Please review the replacement toy rather than the faulty one so we can get a good idea of the item in use. We have fed back the fault from your discussion with customer care.

Please feel free to pop on Livechat if you are struggling to locate the emails so they can look into for you. CC is 24/7 :)

I hope that helps and please do let customer care know if there are any further issues.

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Also to add 

*Receiving a faulty toy that needs replacing will not effect anyone as a tester 

*Customer care wont always involve me as they deal with faulty items directly - they leave notes for me on the order , or email to let me know what action has been taken 

VR [sign in to see picture]

Thanks, all - and thanks, Leanne.

The second one was fine. Thanks for replacing (and so quickly!).

Review submitted. Sorry it's late.

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

Sorry to steal your thread but didn't want to create another one!

I have submitted my review of an item I was chosen to review, it hasn't appeared on my profile like usual as 'awaiting approval'

Is this usual with tester items ?

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

SquirtyPanda wrote:

I have submitted my review of an item I was chosen to review, it hasn't appeared on my profile like usual as 'awaiting approval'

Was it a secret tester?

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

SquirtyPanda wrote:

I am having the same issue. I submitted two reviews last weekend one being for a tester and the other for a purchase. The latter is showing as it should be.

The tester review is showing on the item page, but not on my profile or latest reviews list. I have contacted CC and written on the 'glitches' thread so hope it is being dealt with.

A bit disappointed as was my first tester and seems to have gone a bit wrong somewhere.

Have you looked on item page to see if it is there?

Nah wasn't a secret tester. It was on the sex toy tester list.

I only submitted it yesterday but usually when you post a review and go on your profile it says awaiting approval... It's just disappeared ? 😕

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Sometimes it doesn't show up on your profile straight away and may take 24 hours and will then show up.

Oh ok. Will keep an eye out. Cheers!

Vanilla_Kink [sign in to see picture]

Did your review number go up? That usually happens straight away even when it doesn't show up on your list of reviews x

I just counted my reviews, shows only 16 but my review count is at 17. So that must mean something! Odd! :)

SquirtyPanda wrote:

I just counted my reviews, shows only 16 but my review count is at 17. So that must mean something! Odd! :)

Like I mentioned earlier I am having the same problem.

Did you check item page to see if review is on there?

What item was it?

Yeah it's strange were having the same issue! How long ago was yours posted?

Yeah I did check and as I only submitted it yesterday I wouldn't expect it to show already. But I expected it to appear on my reviewd list as awaiting approval... Hope it's not disappeared into the galaxies somewhere as I spent a while writing it up lol ☹️

It's this :

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35925

I did two last Sunday, one for a purchased item which is showing everywhere as it should, and the other for a tester which only shows on the product page.

Like I said I have reported it to CC and glitches thread but so far no joy.

That looks gorgeous and I would certainly be interested in your review!

Aww thank you :) i have a picture to upload of it as well but I want the review to go up first!

I think perhaps as you only submitted it yesterday, and taking into account bank holiday weekend you may have to wait til next week. I know people who have submitted tester reviews since I did mine have had theirs go through without any issues - fingers crossed - and looking forward to your pic now too!!! X

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

My tester review took about 20 minutes to get approved. They might prioritize testers?

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.