• Monthly photo competitions?

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

no it takes ages to show up on here, I posted some on my twitter as well

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

One day I will brave Twitter!

Ive only just got it because of here, but been taking pics for here and naughtier ones i post there

honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]

There should be 2 winners, one voted by us and one by LH. Always seems to be the same people's pics showing up tho 🤔

Also should be glad of the oh points if you're a 'runner up' as it appears some people don't think the amount awarded isn't fair...

Maybe they should have some categories, like best product pic and best sexy pic , or even male and female categories etc

just a sugestion,

Yeah I think that too. And maybe have the 'winners' prize as less and have more winners a month 🤔

(I'm sure not everyone will agree 🙄🙄)

But I think it's the fairer way!

yes the prizes would be better if it was slightly more points and this would encourage more to enter.

More points means people would buy more and this leads to more reviews so its a Win Win situation for all

Exactly lol 😂 I don't enter anyway so makes no difference to me but if I was in charge I would change the system.

(Bring on the veterans on their high horses 🙄 The same ones 'dissing' the oh points) 👍🏼

I enjoy taking pics for fun though but do think the runners up should get a little more perhaps :)

Not that I take pics to win anything though, I just enjoy taking them

Just my suggestion

Fair enough I just can't be bothered going Onto my
    Laptop to upload pictures. As it doesn't upload off phones.

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

With regards to model of the month being 'unfair', this is a post Jess wrote back in 2014 that explains the selection process. I'm not sure if she actually picks the winners anymore but it's helpful to know how they pick the winners :)

'You've probably noticed that I'm the one who writes the Review of the Month and the Model of the Month Blogs every month. It's also me who chooses the winners (with occasional input from the rest of the team if it's a toss up between two great photos / reviews and I'm struggling to pick one!).

Here is the process I go through when choosing the winner and runners up for Model of the Month.

- Firstly I go through all of the published, uploaded images for the previous month. (this doesn't include avatar images or images which break the rules. Only the additional images you upload to your profile are counted in the competition).

- Next, I remove all of the photos which do not include a linked Lovehoney product.

- Next I remove all of the ones which are too small / close up / blurry / badly lit or have a distracting background or poor photography

- This usually leaves me with anywhere between 6 - 20 good images which have been uploaded by between 4 - 10 people.

- From these images I *try* to choose a unique winner every month

I'm always fair when selecting prize winners. I never choose based on personal preferences.

I choose winners based on the following criteria:

- Clarity (of the photo itself, as well as the Lovehoney product in shot)

- Creativity

And that's it!

I do keep a spreadsheet of previous winners and runners up which I cross-reference when I select the winners. Where possible, I try to pick a unique winner every month to give everyone a chance. This also stops one person from winning a £100 voucher every month and never spending any real money with us. (We are a shop, after all!)

Although I do bare in mind previous winners and runners up each month, I don't let this get in the way of a genuinely deserving winner from claiming a prize.

The way I see it, If you send in a genuinely brilliant photo worthy of a £100 voucher or 2000 Oh! Points, then it would actually be unfair of me to deny you the prize simply because you won once before. I also don't want people to think they can only win once, and then stop taking part once they've won. The competition would become very dire, very quickly!

I would rather choose a repeat winner who has genuinely sent in the best photo for that month, instead of pick someone who's photo wasn't as good, simply because 'they haven't won before'. To me, this is unfair on the people to spend the time to send us outstanding photos.

On a personal level, it's also important to me that, once the blog is published, if any of you want to query that month's winners, I can reply to you with my reasons for that winner being picked. In those cases, I want to be able to reply explaining exactly why I picked the winner and runners up, not just 'because they'd never won before'.

The best way to get your photo picked is to:

- Follow all of our photo guidelines to the letter

- Spend time taking your photos

- Use a nice clutter-free background

- Clearly show the product

- Upload several photos from different angles

- Get creative - with angles, filters, lighting, poses - this all sets the mood of your photo (just make sure the product and you are still clear!)'

I think the competition is judged perfectly fairly when you read how they go about it. It's not about sexiness or anyone's individual attractiveness or who is friends with who or who the staff like best, it's about who has captured a great shot of a Lovehoney product. The system works as anyone who can take a good, clear and creative photo is in with a chance. If you see the same people showing up often, it's because they spend more time and put in more effort perfecting their photographs, nothing else. There's no bias involved :)

Good to know (for people that actually enter the competitions!)

delilahxx [sign in to see picture]

Throbinhood wrote:

Ive only just got it because of here, but been taking pics for here and naughtier ones i post there

I enjoy your pics on twitter :)

Lovebirds_x wrote:

With regards to model of the month being 'unfair', this is a post Jess wrote back in 2014 that explains the selection process. I'm not sure if she actually picks the winners anymore but it's helpful to know how they pick the winners :)

'You've probably noticed that I'm the one who writes the Review of the Month and the Model of the Month Blogs every month. It's also me who chooses the winners (with occasional input from the rest of the team if it's a toss up between two great photos / reviews and I'm struggling to pick one!).

Here is the process I go through when choosing the winner and runners up for Model of the Month.

- Firstly I go through all of the published, uploaded images for the previous month. (this doesn't include avatar images or images which break the rules. Only the additional images you upload to your profile are counted in the competition).

- Next, I remove all of the photos which do not include a linked Lovehoney product.

- Next I remove all of the ones which are too small / close up / blurry / badly lit or have a distracting background or poor photography

- This usually leaves me with anywhere between 6 - 20 good images which have been uploaded by between 4 - 10 people.

I'm always fair when selecting prize winners. I never choose based on personal preferences.

- Creativity

And that's it!

I do keep a spreadsheet of previous winners and runners up which I cross-reference when I select the winners. Where possible, I try to pick a unique winner every month to give everyone a chance. This also stops one person from winning a £100 voucher every month and never spending any real money with us. (We are a shop, after all!)

Although I do bare in mind previous winners and runners up each month, I don't let this get in the way of a genuinely deserving winner from claiming a prize.

The way I see it, If you send in a genuinely brilliant photo worthy of a £100 voucher or 2000 Oh! Points, then it would actually be unfair of me to deny you the prize simply because you won once before. I also don't want people to think they can only win once, and then stop taking part once they've won. The competition would become very dire, very quickly!

I would rather choose a repeat winner who has genuinely sent in the best photo for that month, instead of pick someone who's photo wasn't as good, simply because 'they haven't won before'. To me, this is unfair on the people to spend the time to send us outstanding photos.

On a personal level, it's also important to me that, once the blog is published, if any of you want to query that month's winners, I can reply to you with my reasons for that winner being picked. In those cases, I want to be able to reply explaining exactly why I picked the winner and runners up, not just 'because they'd never won before'.

- Get creative - with angles, filters, lighting, poses - this all sets the mood of your photo (just make sure the product and you are still clear!)'

I think the competition is judged perfectly fairly when you read how they go about it. It's not about sexiness or anyone's individual attractiveness or who is friends with who or who the staff like best, it's about who has captured a great shot of a Lovehoney product. The system works as anyone who can take a good, clear and creative photo is in with a chance. If you see the same people showing up often, it's because they spend more time and put in more effort perfecting their photographs, nothing else. There's no bias involved :)

Thanks for your time to explain the process

delilahxx wrote:

Throbinhood wrote:

I enjoy your pics on twitter :)

awww thanks

slinky binky [sign in to see picture]

honeybun91 wrote:

There should be 2 winners, one voted by us and one by LH. Always seems to be the same people's pics showing up tho 🤔

Completely agree with this and what throbbin hood said male and female winners. then we could vote for the dinner up Maybe? I was thinking last night itd ne nice for both sexes to win. Maybe pop it on the suggestions thread? With regards to folk saying we shouldn't get to bite they'd clearly be biased where others wouldnt. The person I'd vote for this month we don't talk, it'd be a toss up with that person and another I just started to talk to a make and female. I wouldnt choose the person I talk to because I like them more, I'd judge it on who's is the best shot, I'm torn between two atm. Cent wait to see who does win 😄💟xx
    slinky binky [sign in to see picture]

Throbinhood wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

- Creativity

And that's it!

Thanks for explaining lovebirds. That does clear things up. I didn't know you worked at Lovehoney with picking winners and writing the blogs. I'd of thought you should have the title "LovehoneyLovebirds" so people know. I thought that would be standard policy 💟xx
    Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

slinky binky wrote:

Throbinhood wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

- Creativity

And that's it!

Thanks for explaining lovebirds. That does clear things up. I didn't know you worked at Lovehoney with picking winners and writing the blogs. I'd of thought you should have the title "LovehoneyLovebirds" so people know. I thought that would be standard policy 💟xx

I don't work at Lovehoney (I wish I did though haha especially writing blog content and such), like I said that was a post Lovehoney-Jess wrote on another thread. I remembered reading it at the time and thought it was really useful to know exactly how they did things so figured I'd pop it here for those who may have missed it, since I'm sure poor Jess (or whoever handles things nowadays if not her) is too busy to write it all out again :)

Glad you cleared that up was getting confused lol

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.