• Competition ideas and feedback

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Hey , 

Any suggestions are more than welcome 

This thread is for the forum ideas and we have had many competitions thanks to this thread and previous to this , sorry if you missed these KittenFeatures , I assure you there will be more.

Some past comps have included - rename the sex toy testers , how many sex toys on the desk , easter clue hunt , caption prizes and the most recent one :

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1437529-other-uses-for-sex-toys/

The competions we run in the forum are for all to join in on if they feel they wish to and newbie or not they are there for all. 

As I have other aspects to my role sometimes that takes precidence and then I came back to the drawing board. 

The poem idea is great and people do post some , there was one on the sex toy testers thread and I awarded Oh! points for it :) 

So if we could all please go back to using this thread as a positive thing and something we can all post ideas on. 

Not all ideas will be used but they are all certainly appreciated

I think things have been mis-read and completely taken the wrong way , now lets all take a breatha nd count 1... 2.... 3 ... 

MysticalMayhem [sign in to see picture]

I still want to see the caption competition coming back. They're so much fun.

Or the competition where you wanted us to think of a new name for the tester page. Maybe a fun "rename this page" competition!! once a month, pick a page from the Lovehoney site and we can think up funny/cool/awesome names for it.

Or or or or... Who can beg the best for free stuff?!?! *disclaimer* Begging is wrong and I'm trying to teach my kids that WANT doesn't get ;P

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

20 questions... but for an item of the site. Leanne picks an item, we have to go through asking only yes/no questions

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

popk1n wrote:

20 questions... but for an item of the site. Leanne picks an item, we have to go through asking only yes/no questions

Oh I love this idea!

KittenFeatures [sign in to see picture]

What about Lovehoney fact or fiction/true or false? Not only would it be a bit of fun but everyone could learn things about the company that way.

[suspended user]

suspended user

popk1n wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

What about Lovehoney fact or fiction/true or false? Not only would it be a bit of fun but everyone could learn things about the company that way.

Love these both!

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

KittenFeatures wrote:

oooo that would be interesting actually. I bet there are plenty of surprising facts that we'd be tricked by.....

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

popk1n wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

oooo that would be interesting actually. I bet there are plenty of surprising facts that we'd be tricked by.....

That's a good'un. Doesn't even need to have a prize, just for fun :)

Fab ideas ! 

I best get pen to paper and start some more mischef again angel

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Long weekend with bank holiday on Monday. Could do one game to keep us going over the weekend.

bex1213 wrote:

I'm probably not going to be as detailed as some and I apologise in advance but it's deadline season for my postgrad course! As far as competitions are concerned, I enter absolutely anything and everything but I'm less and less enthusiastic about the more general blog ones. I think this is primarily because the people that win those aren't really forum users so you don't get that immediate thrill of knowing how close you came or that someone you know and like managed to win. In terms of these kinds of competitions though, I love how gender neutral they are. That is, I'm in a committed relationship so I want to try toys that either me or my partner might not be interested in immediately but would have a go on if we won. This is something that you don't necessarily get in forum posts which are more tailored to the individual volunteer.

My favourite change that you've brought in has been the reviews posts. It feels almost like a mini competition but one based on merit rather than luck which is really appealing. I've had a few items from these but absolutely nothing from the general blog competitions (which obviously impacts my response) but honestly, I feel like I've earned the review items as opposed to just being unlucky with the competitions. While I love how frequent they have been in the last few weeks (there was a point where I was getting a tester every other week. Felt so appreciated!!!!!), I understand that this is a difficult pace to keep up with. However, I feel like we get the best and most immediate response from these kinds of posts and love all of the work you've done Leanne. Honestly, it's been great to see how well you've coped with the massive changes and responsibility. You absolute legend! Hope that helps.xxx

Aw I missed this before ! Thank you so much am I happy to hear some things I have tried have been well received.

Thank you heart

honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]

- describe a LH item and we have to guess what it is
    - select an item or type of item and have a forum competition where we post pictures of that item in a thread.
    - more caption competitions.

glittergirl [sign in to see picture]

Briona87 wrote:

JM88 wrote:

I mentioned this a while back but dont know how viable it would be, but as well as a model of the month, could we have a photo of the month type competition?

people could upload pics of lovehoney purchases in a creative, funny, or artistic way. I think its something everyone could join in with as i know there are a lot of people who dont like to share photos of themselves modelling lingerie, but like to be creative with photography.

I was going to mention the same idea. Setting aside the facts I am not exactly good-looking and rather shy (or private, should you like to look at it in this way - wearing my T-Rex T-shirt is about as much as I am okay with), I, being a single person who does not even have any close friends, would not be able to do anything but a lame selfie, anyway (and people who enter the MotM competition generally have pictures that border on (semi-)professional studio photos).

I like taking pictures, though (I do not pretend to be awfully good at it but I nevertheless enjoy doing it), and I would not mind giving a go to posting some amusing/romantic/creative pics that would involve stuff I have bought from Lovehoney.

And I am also very fond of Sum Sub's idea, though I am a bit afraid Lovehoney would have to give their tech people a proper pay rise to compensate them for the extra workload.

love this idea i have a huge collection from here. would be fun to do, fun toy photos. or a toys story images where are toys come to life after all ....we all know why Andy mum likes wood and buzz!! You could take this to infinity and beyond! !!!
    luvved up cupple [sign in to see picture]

With the European Championship later this year how about a sexy knockout comp.
    Start with the top selling products in each case category and go head to head, us voting our faves eg.

Glass dildo vs silicone dildo

Extreme masturbator vs Tenga egg

Over door vs underbed restraints

After the best in each category are sorted they go against each other, eg

Pink boyshort flirty knickers vs LH vibrating cock ring

Until the ultimate, must have grand supreme champion of the LH warehouse is crowned!

You get the picture, everybody voting goes into a draw to win the top products in each category.

Just a thought.

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

I like the thought if that one luvved up cupple! Sounds like a silly bit of fun which I like.

I'm a massive game show fan, I used to run home from school to watch Supermarket Sweep! What about a shopping list style thing? You get so much to "spend" and have to find a certain list of a products that fit the shoppers needs. Like "I want to look like a goddess for £30. What would you do?" You'd look about the site to find something that suits. It would be a great way to explore the site and see things you haven't seen before. The prize could be a token of a few OH! Points or even just a mega thumbs up.

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

As September is now upon us and Christmas will soon be here. Got me thinking about a model and review of the year from the 12 winners throughout the year and runner up from all the runners up as well. Don't have to be a prize involved just purely for fun.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.