• Competition ideas and feedback

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

@kittenfeatures

Ok gonna stop quoting posts, it's getting a bit long lol

and hey you don't have to spend a lot... only takes one item to win right?

not that I've ever won photo of the month lol. But I did once win runner-up in review of the month for an item I purchased myself. You don't have spend a lot to be involved. I have spent £130 in nearly a year and five months. That averages at £7.65 a month - not expensive at all really. And I haven't bought anything since december. But i still feel like a part of the community and enjoy seeing other people get recognised for their creativity anyway. :)

KittenFeatures [sign in to see picture]

popk1n wrote:

@kittenfeatures

not that I've ever won photo of the month lol. But I did once win runner-up in review of the month for an item I purchased myself. You don't have spend a lot to be involved. I have spent £130 in nearly a year and five months. That averages at £7.65 a month - not expensive at all really. And I haven't bought anything since december. But i still feel like a part of the community and enjoy seeing other people get recognised for their creativity anyway. :)

It does only take one but the more you buy the more chance, certainly? More reviews, more photos. I like seeing people win prizes, it shows that it's definitely plausible that there's a winner, so it's definitely pleasing to see people win prizes and the joy it brings them. I just think it be nice if that joy were wider-spread to a wider range of people.

For example, I have an extreme hatred of my body at the moment, pregnancy completely ruined it and I know that's silly but I'm young and there's extreme pressure on people my age to look good and I'm covered in stretchmarks, bruises, every other thing that makes photographs unsightly, and I can't bare to look at myself - so photographs are a massive no-no for me. Won't even let my boyfriend show me pictures he's taken of me because it can set me of on a massive downer. It isn't a big deal for other people but it is for me, it frustrates me a lot. I'd love to be able to join in and feel like a part of the community in that regard, I just can't due to issues like these.

And in terms of reviews, they'll get better in time I'm sure but they're my only chance at the moment and it's slim at that. I think people would feel like the community is more welcoming if there were a competition more simple that required maybe, a certain amount of forum posts, or a certain amount of commitment to the site in the sense of activity and time. I understand that lovehoney is a business, but I think it would attract more people to the forums, especially if it were forum exclusive. Say, a competition to write a poem every fornight for a cheap toy or a £10 voucher would be awesome in my opinion. It doesn't result in massive loss of profit and it's enjoyable for everyone. And everyone has a little fun putting an entry in and spending time seeing other peoples' as with the current competitions.

KittenFeatures wrote:

popk1n wrote:

@kittenfeatures

It does only take one but the more you buy the more chance, certainly? More reviews, more photos. I like seeing people win prizes, it shows that it's definitely plausible that there's a winner, so it's definitely pleasing to see people win prizes and the joy it brings them. I just think it be nice if that joy were wider-spread to a wider range of people.

For example, I have an extreme hatred of my body at the moment, pregnancy completely ruined it and I know that's silly but I'm young and there's extreme pressure on people my age to look good and I'm covered in stretchmarks, bruises, every other thing that makes photographs unsightly, and I can't bare to look at myself - so photographs are a massive no-no for me. Won't even let my boyfriend show me pictures he's taken of me because it can set me of on a massive downer. It isn't a big deal for other people but it is for me, it frustrates me a lot. I'd love to be able to join in and feel like a part of the community in that regard, I just can't due to issues like these.

And in terms of reviews, they'll get better in time I'm sure but they're my only chance at the moment and it's slim at that. I think people would feel like the community is more welcoming if there were a competition more simple that required maybe, a certain amount of forum posts, or a certain amount of commitment to the site in the sense of activity and time. I understand that lovehoney is a business, but I think it would attract more people to the forums, especially if it were forum exclusive. Say, a competition to write a poem every fornight for a cheap toy or a £10 voucher would be awesome in my opinion. It doesn't result in massive loss of profit and it's enjoyable for everyone. And everyone has a little fun putting an entry in and spending time seeing other peoples' as with the current competitions.

But if you factor out the individuals creativity, then yes you are literally giving the definition of the whole point of chance. The more you buy, the more likely, that's just how it is. And a competition where it was just objects or whatever would have the same point. But the individual's effort and creativity into these competitions is often recognised, and if not, most people had fun and gained loads of comments of appreciation off their buddies off the forums.

For reviews, yeah they'll get better, but don't discount newbies. Look at the past month's winners:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2016/04/12/review-of-the-month-march/

The winner? His 4th ever review. Two of the runners up got their prize thanks to their FIRST EVER review.

Don't feel you have to post photos to be involved, loads of members don't, those that do mainly do it for fun, never feel pressurised.

Certain amount of forum posts won't work, some people might spam and just reply to stuff to bump up posts. I have 2000 posts but loads are from the games threads :')

Personally, I find the range of things Lovehoney offer to be above and beyond nearly all (if not all) other competitors.

I really want to give you a piece of advice, and please don't take it the wrong way, but you're overthinking things too much I feel. Just get involved, be positive, this is just meant to be an enjoyable bonus to the customers that want it. Sometimes I feel like you bring yourself down as if you can't fit in, or aren't ready to fit in yet or something, but please don't think like that. You've been on less than a month! In regards to competitions, testers, etc, I was on the forums a month before any action of that sort came around, and was two months a customer of the site. All I'm saying is, allow yourself to enjoy it, and take it step by step as it comes :) I love that you've thrown yourself in at the deep end and joined in straight away (braver than me lol, was too scared for my first month) but don't feel you have to conquer everything on the site right this second :)

popk1n wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

popk1n wrote:

@kittenfeatures

But if you factor out the individuals creativity, then yes are literally giving the definition if the whole point of chance. The more you buy, the more likely, that's just how it is. And a competition where it was just objects or whatever would have the same point. But the individual's effort and creativity into these competitions is often recognised, and if not, most people had fun and gained loads of comments of appreciation off their buddies off the forums.

For reviews, yeah they'll get better, but don't discount newbies. Look at the past month's winners:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2016/04/12/review-of-the-month-march/

The winner? His 4th ever review. Two of the runners up got their prize thanks to their FIRST EVER review.

Don't feel you have to post photos to be involved, loads of members don't, those that do mainly do it for fun, never feel pressurised.

Certain amount of forum posts won't work, some people might spam and just reply to stuff to bump up posts. I have 2000 posts but loads are from the games threads :')

Personally, I find the range of things Lovehoney offer to be above and beyond nearly all (if not all) other competitors.

I really want to give you a piece of advice, and please don't take it the wrong way, but you're overthinking things too much I feel. Just get involved, be positive, this is just meant to be an enjoyable bonus to the customers that want it. Sometimes I feel like you bring yourself down as if you can't fit in, or aren't ready to fit in yet or something, but please don't think like that. You've been on less than a month! In regards to competitions, testers, etc, I was on the forums a month before any action of that sort came around, and was two months a customer of the site. All I'm saying is, allow yourself to enjoy it, and take it step by step as it comes :)

It's more that I'm talking about a competition to make the forums more welcoming. I've seen posts that have been sidetracked because two people take over them with one conversation and posts in between have been ignored completely. I think a regular forum competition would be nice for newcommers - being one myself, my experience of the forum has been varied, the only ones I feel entirely comfortable posting in is the game forums, for example. Even just OH points would be a nice reward for a little bit of fun, it doesn't have to be anywhere equivalent to the monthly ones - those ones are quite different and much more down to the business side of things.

I don't feel like I'm overthinking, I'm speaking from my own experience mostly. It's only a suggestion, after all and it doens't have to be overly rewarding. I don't know what anyone else's initial reaction to the forum was, but I feel it would be nice to have something on the side as a bit of fun. It doesn't have to be anything serious and it doesn't have to take a while to get into, you know?

KittenFeatures wrote:

popk1n wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

popk1n wrote:

@kittenfeatures

Ok gonna stop quoting posts, it's getting a bit long lol...

It does only take one but the more you buy the more chance, certainly? More reviews, more photos. I like seeing people win prizes, it shows...

But if you factor out the individuals creativity, then yes are literally giving the definition if the whole point of chance...

It's more that I'm talking about a competition to make the forums more welcoming. I've seen posts that have been sidetracked because two people take over them with one conversation and posts in between have been ignored completely. I think a regular forum competition would be nice for newcommers - being one myself, my experience of the forum has been varied, the only ones I feel entirely comfortable posting in is the game forums, for example. Even just OH points would be a nice reward for a little bit of fun, it doesn't have to be anywhere equivalent to the monthly ones - those ones are quite different and much more down to the business side of things.

I don't feel like I'm overthinking, I'm speaking from my own experience mostly. It's only a suggestion, after all and it doens't have to be overly rewarding. I don't know what anyone else's initial reaction to the forum was, but I feel it would be nice to have something on the side as a bit of fun. It doesn't have to be anything serious and it doesn't have to take a while to get into, you know?

In regards to the sidetracked posts, it is a rule that threads have to be kept open to all, and if you've seen this, you are allowed to report it :) on occasion I don't mind that myself, as I understand that sometimes you want to reply to something specfic someone has said, and then they do, then you do etc. But again, you are allowed to report that :)

My personal experience at the start of the forums was that it was friendly and lovely, had a month of just reading, then had a week on games and sex toy tester, then went on other stuff when I felt confident enough in myself, and never felt anything less than super happy with the forums tbh and with the tester scheme and amount of free stuff I've had from the very few, cheaper orders I've actually made, I'm completely happy with everything on offer.

I understand and respect that maybe your view of the forums hasn't been as rosy as mine, so I really hope overall though you're enjoying yourself and continue to join in :)

I'm not gonna argue if more random funny competition start coming up haha ;). But tbf I don't think there is a lack of regular competitions/opportunities either.

[suspended user]

suspended user

@KittenFeatures: while I do agree that more competitions and maybe forum-exclusive ones could have a fun potential, I don't think people are excluded from what already exist. For example I buy a lot, I did get sent testers occasionally up until recently, but I absolutely do not expect to win the Review of the Month due to English not being my native language so my writing will never be as creative as others' on here. I am still very much appreciative of the testers and I still like writing reviews. I think I will never post pictures here, for many reasons, so I will also never win with my photos. For the same language barriers I have skipped participating in the Easter Hunt, although I did play the game without ever submitting my answers. I do not follow the blog usually and have no social media accounts, so survey or other social media based giveaways are also out for me. I am not here out of interest or freebies, I am on here because of the valuable advice and lovely community that help me get my mind off other areas in life.

I am what others could consider a "forum regular" (don't particularly like this differentiation in terms, as I like to think we are all equally valuable to the forum and there is no hierarchy or ancianity to consider), but when I first started out, I just started posting in threads I had an interest in. Never participate in the game threads, never do chain thingys, that's just not how I roll, so I just plunged in head first. About 99% of newcomers to this forum fall out after their first post or "hi" thread or one month, and I believe it's their choice, not the community's fault. I had a rather serious personal dispute while I first came on here with a "regular" and left for a while due to it, but that was my decision as was coming back several months later to test the waters again and I am still here since. That is because my forum experience is whatever I make it to be, so yours is your choice, not the community's. There are a couple of "newbies" actually that I value a lot, and a few that I actually miss since they disappeared from on here... So I do mean it when I say, we are all equal, it only depends on the person how he/she participates.

This forum is designed to give ideas for fun or competitions. Didn't think I was out of line in giving my suggestion or my reasons for it. I am sorry that it's come across in a way that's upsetting or offensive. Just thought everyone's input was valid.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Yes, this thread is for new ideas and I even started out I would like more competitions on here as you (and many others) have suggested. I'm just trying to point out that those same competitions might exclude members (such as myself, and yet I still support this idea), and also that the way you are experiencing your "entry" into the forum might not be how others experience theirs, so creating 'special conditions' for newcomers might not have the positive response you are hoping for. In fact, creating special categories (such as newcomers competitions) might backfire entirely. I am not upset or offended, you are more than welcome to write your views on here, as long as you also remember others might feel differently and express contrary opinions. :) I'm sorry if my post came across as an attack at your persona, it was just an expression of my opinion to your reasoning.

My idea was more focused on having something for everyone, including newcomers, rather than just newcomers. Sex toy testing, reviews and photo competitions are something that will take at least a few days to become a part of (due to delay in receiving orders and using them, especially if you're not in the UK) so it would be nice to have something that the newbies could enjoy alongside regulars or even the not-so-regulars. My suggestion was never to solely give the newbies something to enjoy. How long do you consider someone a newbie anyway, a week, a month? It all varies, I suppose.

The initial concept was something for everyone, maybe every two weeks, with a very minimal prize, like maybe 500 OH points, nothing monumental. Tad bit of fun every now and again. I don't think I listed any special conditions or anything, and I don't think new people to the forum are entitled to anything more than others. The idea was more centered around newcomers getting to join in as well and feel more involved.

mamz [sign in to see picture]

KittenFeatures, I understand that you don't feel totaly included in the community. I think that what Era means is that everyone that wants to be part of it is. There is no such thing as newbies and regular. I am new here also and I feel I am part of the community. I understant it can be hard at first because you know no one and don't know exactly how everything works. Everybody does their thing and you may be ignored sometimes, but it's not against anyone, it happens to every single one of us I am sure. You only have to understand that people have been here for a long time and are used to see people come and go, so they continue to do their things while still including newer members, and it's up to them whether they will stay or not. If you decide yto stay, you'll get to know people better and they'll know you better too so it'll all become more and more easy everyday. It's not that people are not welcoming, it's only that it's up to you to join in once you've introduced yourself and been welcomed.

I see you have given some great advices on other threads, I am sure it is really appreciated. That is being part of the community as well.

I know also that you would like to be part of the sex toy tester program, well of course you can. Just kep in mind that everyone was once new and we all got to go the same path. No one is treated differently. I know you can feel left appart from feeling that you are one of the few people who aren't part of the program already, but I can assure you we all went there. I have been lucky enough to receive my first tester two weeks ago, after my 4th month on the forum. Just be patient and it'll happen too. I know how you feel but know that you are not left out of considered less important or anything.

Era has been trying to make you understand that yet every member is part of the forum, not everything in here accomodate everyone. There are competitions or threads or whatever that fit better some users, but every user has something for him. Absolutely NO ONE can find something for himself in EVERY post and competition and game that's on here.

I hope this makes you understand that you are not alone, and that you are more than welcomed to take part of the community, Don't feel left out because you are not.

I think this is getting out of hand. My first suggestion and only suggestion was just a small forum competition for everyone. I'm not sure why it's become a discussion on who fits where or on my own experiences, or about myself and other parts of the site. I only put them in as reference for the initial idea, I even said that I am well aware the forum will not cater to everyone. It's simply an idea and my input.

I already said that I'm just going to wait with the sex toy tester thing, that isn't necessarily relevent to this thread either as it isn't a competition. I'm quite happy to be buying things from the site and will continue to do so - as people have suggested, I'm not just here for the 'free stuff'. I've made several purchases of varying amounts.

My idea just stems from the experience I've had and from what I've seen all over the forum - I'm serious, it ISN'T just me that feels this way. I'm actively trying to get involved but I know for a fact that others haven't for the same reasons. I've seen people state it. Having a small competition on the forums aimed at everyone where the reward isn't threatening loss of profit (my 500 OH recommendation is because they already give you that when you register and £1 off an order isn't of massive significance) and that it should just be a bit of fun. I'm wasn't even expecting anything from it, suggestions are just that. I'm surprised that people think I'm trying to attack the forum, I'm only recommending a way that can make everyone feel like they can get involved and get creative a little, maybe every week or so.

I didn't think the idea itself was that bad. Might as well retract it now as everyone seems to be focusing entirely on the fact that I said newcomers may not feel as involved and I don't feel as if any of you have understood that I wanted it to be for everyone. I feel a little mystified and upset that you have all decided to take it the wrong way. I certainly didn't intend it in a bad way.

Ok, my last comment on the matter, I agree it's all out of hand, just wanted to say Kittenfeatures you've posted so much I wouldn't actually consider you a newbie in regards to the forum and community anyway :) if you post more than one hello thread, to me that's over the newbie line anyway, like era said, the majority of people don't get past a hello thread

Lies, THIS is my last comment :')

And I think it's just the way you keep mentioning newcomers not feeling involved when I really don't see anyone trying to not involve people. We all had our first day on the forums and the majority of people as far as I can see have had a positive experience. Those of you who feel this way that don't know how to get involved/feel like they can't, because if there are other people like you say, then please, start a thread and let the community know, we aren't psychic, we would love to get you involved and tbh you do seem very involved kittenfeatures.

Honestly, as someone who has never had a personal bad experience on the forum, I wish I could help out with this!!

I'm not specifically talking about forums when it comes to getting involved, I mean with the current competitions. It does take a bit of time to receive and review your first order, especially for those outside of the EU, so it was more to do with the idea that it's a competition for anyone at any point, no start off requirements. Due to this, the reward would be minimal but still mean something.
    The forum bit stems from some threads I've read over and some I've purposes avoided. My post count would be higher if I posted in every single forum I've read, but it doesn't feel appropriate or polite to post in the middle of others having a very specific topic that I have no clue about. Some threads get like that quite a lot, which is why I stick to the game threads mostly.

Back on topic though, thank you for the responses. I'll rethink how I phrase things from now on, but I think I'm going to post a lot less in forums other than game ones to avoid the same thing happening for the time being.

mamz [sign in to see picture]

KittenFeatures wrote:

I think this is getting out of hand. My first suggestion and only suggestion was just a small forum competition for everyone. I'm not sure why it's become a discussion on who fits where or on my own experiences, or about myself and other parts of the site. I only put them in as reference for the initial idea, I even said that I am well aware the forum will not cater to everyone. It's simply an idea and my input.

I already said that I'm just going to wait with the sex toy tester thing, that isn't necessarily relevent to this thread either as it isn't a competition. I'm quite happy to be buying things from the site and will continue to do so - as people have suggested, I'm not just here for the 'free stuff'. I've made several purchases of varying amounts.

My idea just stems from the experience I've had and from what I've seen all over the forum - I'm serious, it ISN'T just me that feels this way. I'm actively trying to get involved but I know for a fact that others haven't for the same reasons. I've seen people state it. Having a small competition on the forums aimed at everyone where the reward isn't threatening loss of profit (my 500 OH recommendation is because they already give you that when you register and £1 off an order isn't of massive significance) and that it should just be a bit of fun. I'm wasn't even expecting anything from it, suggestions are just that. I'm surprised that people think I'm trying to attack the forum, I'm only recommending a way that can make everyone feel like they can get involved and get creative a little, maybe every week or so.

I didn't think the idea itself was that bad. Might as well retract it now as everyone seems to be focusing entirely on the fact that I said newcomers may not feel as involved and I don't feel as if any of you have understood that I wanted it to be for everyone. I feel a little mystified and upset that you have all decided to take it the wrong way. I certainly didn't intend it in a bad way.

I am sorry you understood me like that. I just find that you don't seem very happy about the forum and your experience on here.

Let's get back to the competition suggestions then. I don't think the idea is bad either, I just wanted to be sure the motivation behind this suggestion was not something I mentioned

I'm not unhappy about it, I would have chosen not to be here otherwise. I just don't know what caused all the fuss about my suggestion.
    I think my post on the sex toy tester thread was taken the wrong way too so I'm just going to pull away for a bit, it's not easy to keep having to explain myself when people think I mean something that I don't. It's frustrating and I'm not in a great place overall at the moment.

My initial suggestion was something fun for everyone, such as a poem thread where people can be creative (say they've given you a picture or scenario to base the poem on) at no cost for a small reward and enjoy it as a bit of fun. No luck and chance, just whoever is voted best wins.
    Why? Because it takes time to be able to enter all of the competitions that Lovehoney currently run and blog ones don't come around that often.
    To sum up, something easy to run and moderate, no massive prize, anyone can join in from day one. Can't really be taken advantage of either.

I don't know where the idea came from that I was asking for some newcomer privilege or extra perks for new people. I was asking for something inclusive of everyone. And I'm fine with the forum, it's just hard to communicate with people when they're in their own little friendship groups. It's hard to join in, as it is with real life.

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

Soooooo does anybody else have any competition ideas and feedback?

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

I quite liked the guess how many sex toys are on Jess's desk/how many flirty knickers are in the photo? I can't remember if there was a prize or not, but they were fun! Perhaps this could be done again, but you have to try and work out what each item is as well as how many there are.

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Still like this idea from Terri JJ

This is a great idea for those who are not very 'body confident' or are shy etc. It's fun to take photos and it would be a great way for everyone to be able to join in. My daughters boyfriend is at uni and they have a emoji cushion...its a poo actually ! lol Whenever one of them goes on holiday they take the poo cushion and photograph it ...perhaps people could do the same with their favourite sex toy that travels with them....discreetly placed of course xx

With taking photos of your toys either in extreme places or doing unusual things with your toys like the blog at the moment where you have different uses for toys.

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

Couple looking to spice things up wrote:

Soooooo does anybody else have any competition ideas and feedback?

Fancy dress party! Who says we all need to be in the same room anyway? Sex toy theme... everyone can submit photos to a LH email add by a certain date (leave it open for a month maybe?), and the LH office staff collectively vote (and have a good laugh at us all) and decide on a winner? Prize could be some OH points...

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.