• Competition ideas and feedback

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Aw Thank you all for the great response to this !!!

I will evaluate what is in my squirrely power and start some chaos and when I say chaos I mean monitored fun time in the form of competitions angel

Thinking cap is on ! 

Yummymummy :-* [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Aw Thank you all for the great response to this !!!

I will evaluate what is in my squirrely power and start some chaos and when I say chaos I mean monitored fun time in the form of competitions

Thinking cap is on !

Eeeek!!! Fun times ahead 😊
    Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

Chaos you say 😈😈😈 x

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Looking foward to seeing what coming up.

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

ooooo can't wait to see what you've got up your squirrely sleeve Leanne!

Going with the thread today what about spot the difference lol x

bex1213 [sign in to see picture]

I'm probably not going to be as detailed as some and I apologise in advance but it's deadline season for my postgrad course! As far as competitions are concerned, I enter absolutely anything and everything but I'm less and less enthusiastic about the more general blog ones. I think this is primarily because the people that win those aren't really forum users so you don't get that immediate thrill of knowing how close you came or that someone you know and like managed to win. In terms of these kinds of competitions though, I love how gender neutral they are. That is, I'm in a committed relationship so I want to try toys that either me or my partner might not be interested in immediately but would have a go on if we won. This is something that you don't necessarily get in forum posts which are more tailored to the individual volunteer.

My favourite change that you've brought in has been the reviews posts. It feels almost like a mini competition but one based on merit rather than luck which is really appealing. I've had a few items from these but absolutely nothing from the general blog competitions (which obviously impacts my response) but honestly, I feel like I've earned the review items as opposed to just being unlucky with the competitions. While I love how frequent they have been in the last few weeks (there was a point where I was getting a tester every other week. Felt so appreciated!!!!!), I understand that this is a difficult pace to keep up with. However, I feel like we get the best and most immediate response from these kinds of posts and love all of the work you've done Leanne. Honestly, it's been great to see how well you've coped with the massive changes and responsibility. You absolute legend! Hope that helps.xxx

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Not sure if this has been done before but a lovehoney photo shoot competition with lovehoney open to all interested forum members I'm sure would be very popular. It could be a chance to get spruced up and get some good shots to keep for home and model either a new or existing range of lingerie, bondage gear etc on the website.

The photography guy at lovehoney who was in the Joy of Sex Toys tv show seems really nice and takes some lovely photographs x

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Just thought of another competition idea : -

"Win your wishlist"

This could be a once or twice yearly competition and you could either win everything on your entered wishlist of a set amount like maybe £50 or £100 or you could get that amount off towards your wishlist if it came to well over that because you only had expensive items on your wishlist.

This could maybe be a Summer special or a Christmas/ New Year time competition with just one lucky winner picked from all entries.

honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]

A caption competition!

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

Briona87 wrote:

JM88 wrote:

I mentioned this a while back but dont know how viable it would be, but as well as a model of the month, could we have a photo of the month type competition?

people could upload pics of lovehoney purchases in a creative, funny, or artistic way. I think its something everyone could join in with as i know there are a lot of people who dont like to share photos of themselves modelling lingerie, but like to be creative with photography.

I was going to mention the same idea. Setting aside the facts I am not exactly good-looking and rather shy (or private, should you like to look at it in this way - wearing my T-Rex T-shirt is about as much as I am okay with), I, being a single person who does not even have any close friends, would not be able to do anything but a lame selfie, anyway (and people who enter the MotM competition generally have pictures that border on (semi-)professional studio photos).

I like taking pictures, though (I do not pretend to be awfully good at it but I nevertheless enjoy doing it), and I would not mind giving a go to posting some amusing/romantic/creative pics that would involve stuff I have bought from Lovehoney.

And I am also very fond of Sum Sub's idea, though I am a bit afraid Lovehoney would have to give their tech people a proper pay rise to compensate them for the extra workload.

This is a great idea for those who are not very 'body confident' or are shy etc. It's fun to take photos and it would be a great way for everyone to be able to join in. My daughters boyfriend is at uni and they have a emoji cushion...its a poo actually ! lol Whenever one of them goes on holiday they take the poo cushion and photograph it ...perhaps people could do the same with their favourite sex toy that travels with them....discreetly placed of course xx

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Kinda like extreme photo for sex toys to get a photo of them took in unusual or daring place.

Would love to see another riddle competition, right up my street☺️

andziniho [sign in to see picture]

Sending in drawings of new sex toy ideas or lingerie could be fun. Would be great designing some sexy burlesque inspired underwear for my OH.
    A treasure hunt across different social media seems the best idea. Could use visual clues, riddle's, daily hints, a running math's sum counting rabbits etc. Maybe even something on the adventures of a naughty rabbit, remember who it meets and place's it pops out at.

nodrog [sign in to see picture]

Send a toy to someone but it is not there's to keep they have to give clues as to where in the country or world it is and whoever gets it right gets the toy sent to them who then have to do the same and so on and whoever has the toy on Xmas day gets to keep it

P's or people could take it on Holliday and take photos of it and whoever guessed where it was got it sent to them and they then had to take a photo of it and so on

Wouldn't work cos we don't know peoples addresses o well

Or could be sent back to lovehoney who then would forward it to the next person

Or could be an imaginary toy being sent and who has it at Xmas gets the real one

Hope this all makes sense 

KittenFeatures [sign in to see picture]

Terri JJ wrote:

Briona87 wrote:

JM88 wrote:

I mentioned this a while back but dont know how viable it would be, but as well as a model of the month, could we have a photo of the month type competition?

people could upload pics of lovehoney purchases in a creative, funny, or artistic way. I think its something everyone could join in with as i know there are a lot of people who dont like to share photos of themselves modelling lingerie, but like to be creative with photography.

I was going to mention the same idea. Setting aside the facts I am not exactly good-looking and rather shy (or private, should you like to look at it in this way - wearing my T-Rex T-shirt is about as much as I am okay with), I, being a single person who does not even have any close friends, would not be able to do anything but a lame selfie, anyway (and people who enter the MotM competition generally have pictures that border on (semi-)professional studio photos).

I like taking pictures, though (I do not pretend to be awfully good at it but I nevertheless enjoy doing it), and I would not mind giving a go to posting some amusing/romantic/creative pics that would involve stuff I have bought from Lovehoney.

And I am also very fond of Sum Sub's idea, though I am a bit afraid Lovehoney would have to give their tech people a proper pay rise to compensate them for the extra workload.

This is a great idea for those who are not very 'body confident' or are shy etc. It's fun to take photos and it would be a great way for everyone to be able to join in. My daughters boyfriend is at uni and they have a emoji cushion...its a poo actually ! lol Whenever one of them goes on holiday they take the poo cushion and photograph it ...perhaps people could do the same with their favourite sex toy that travels with them....discreetly placed of course xx

I would like more competitions that aren't just photo based though. The only two competitions I'm aware of are photographs of products, and review of the month. I don't know of any others and I absolutely cannot stand the idea of taking photos so I have no chance there.

I think there should definitely be a broader range, maybe something for creative people like coming up with a poem or a piece of creative writing?

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

KittenFeatures wrote:

Terri JJ wrote:

Briona87 wrote:

JM88 wrote:

I would like more competitions that aren't just photo based though. The only two competitions I'm aware of are photographs of products, and review of the month. I don't know of any others and I absolutely cannot stand the idea of taking photos so I have no chance there.

I think there should definitely be a broader range, maybe something for creative people like coming up with a poem or a piece of creative writing?

I know there isn't an official competition for it, but I have seen a couple of creative little dittys a while back get prizes randomly just for making the staff smile... can't remember where I saw them, might have been on the blog, but I remember someone wrote a lovely and witty poem to them to say thank you for being ace, and I remember one, which tbf was awesome and made me actually laugh, was that when someone returned a pair of nipple clamps, they enclosed a hand-drawn comic strip telling the story of how their boyfriend had mentioned nipple clamps, she had endured two weeks of pain training herself to use them and then when she revealed herself to her boyfriend he said they weren't his thing and he meant nipple tassles XD it was work of art, truly

KittenFeatures [sign in to see picture]

popk1n wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

Terri JJ wrote:

Briona87 wrote:

JM88 wrote:

I know there isn't an official competition for it, but I have seen a couple of creative little dittys a while back get prizes randomly just for making the staff smile... can't remember where I saw them, might have been on the blog, but I remember someone wrote a lovely and witty poem to them to say thank you for being ace, and I remember one, which tbf was awesome and made me actually laugh, was that when someone returned a pair of nipple clamps, they enclosed a hand-drawn comic strip telling the story of how their boyfriend had mentioned nipple clamps, she had endured two weeks of pain training herself to use them and then when she revealed herself to her boyfriend he said they weren't his thing and he meant nipple tassles XD it was work of art, truly

Something official would be nice. All of the competitions I've seen at the moment require you to spend quite a bit of money, photograph yourself with/using a product (as far as I've seen on the monthly pictures) and/or are completely luck/chance. I'd like something that gives people who can't do things like spend as much as others on products to have an equally fair chance - after all, wouldn't someone that can barely spend money on the site be delighted to win money to spend on the site? I just think it's nice to be inclusive of people that stick around but can't necessarily afford to buy a lot. Basically, it has the potential to reward any of the people that get involved as opposed to just the few that buy prodcuts and review every month - or people that get to review testers for free and can potentially win review of the month without spending a thing.

It's a bit tricky to please everyone, I know. But it would be nice to feel like everyone had a fair chance in at least 1 competition.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.