• Why have separate product pages for colour options?

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

era wrote:

The mystery thickens (so to speak):

this one has clear and red options: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26278,

yet the red one has its own page: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34629.

I suspect OTTers will leave us guessing... or they'll offer me a job for spotting issues on the website LOL!

Firstly, the 2 products are actually different. If you look at the size details, you will see they are different, so that's why they will have seperate pages, because they are seperate products. The top one probably still has the option to chose Red or Clear because it may be that LH have left products that were originally listed with the 2 colours as is, but from now on, they are now seperate listings.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Quite right, David, my bad here! Thanks for that.

Talia [sign in to see picture]

Actually, if we are talking about clothing, I only click on the product (call up the product presentation page), when the item - meaning mainly its colour - has caught my eye.

To invent an example: If there was only a white bra in the thumbnail pictures, even though the bra also comes in other colours, I would probably never look at its page when I'm not looking for a white bra (which is almost never). So for me different pages for lingerie items in different colours make sense.

However, if we are talking about sex toys, colour is the very least of my concerns, so I really don't care how the options are managed. I'm probably more likely to notice different colour options if they are on the one and same product page - especially if the photographs and particularly the video also show the different options.

KitsiKiki [sign in to see picture]

FrozenAngel wrote:

How annoying! If I'm on a product page and only see one colour I assume you don't stock the other colours, that could then make me look elseware if I were looking for a specific colour.

era wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Boogaloo wrote:

I personally find it easier when all the colours are merged on to one product page, otherwise I may not even know that other varieties exist unless I go out of my way to look for them. But each to their own I guess, maybe I'm just a bit of a numpty! :p

+1

+2

+More to these

Talia wrote:

Actually, if we are talking about clothing, I only click on the product (call up the product presentation page), when the item - meaning mainly its colour - has caught my eye.

That's often true for me, too. But the problem is you don't always see the page for the colour you like, unless you're specifically searching for it. They hardly ever seem to come up under the 'You may also be interested in...' section either, which is slightly odd.

Why not either have a link to the other colours on a product page or a simple and easy to see notice that says something like: 'This item is also available in another colour / x amount of colours / these other colour options.'?

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

Talia wrote:

To invent an example: If there was only a white bra in the thumbnail pictures, even though the bra also comes in other colours, I would probably never look at its page when I'm not looking for a white bra (which is almost never). So for me different pages for lingerie items in different colours make sense...

To be fair, I actually agree with this. If there is only a picture of one colour representing for example three colours, I might skip past it if I dont like that specific variety.

That being said, I do think they could do with a bit on the product page, like on this one, http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32057

where it says BUY THE SET and features the other items in the range, so you could put other colour varieties there, and title it OTHER COLOUR OPTIONS. I feel like it shouldn't take as much work as it sounds, because you already have a template for the webpage like on the page I said above, you literally just change the title of that section and the products in it.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Bumping this in hopes of somebody from LH clearing it up. Thanks.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.