• Question about the french website

mamz [sign in to see picture]

Hey, I have written a few review in english (you can take a look and tell me if they are good if you feel like it) enven if it's not my first language. I noticed that there is a french version of the LH website so I was wondering of there were french reviews as well. When I click on an item it says that there is a x number of reviews but they don't display them.

So I was wondering if there are french reviews or not because if there are, I would LOVE to be able to write reviews in french too!

(now that I just revealed myself as a french speaker I feel like everything I say is gonna be judged haha)

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

I don't know honestly, but you're not going to be judged based on what your first language is. Your English is perfect anyway :)

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

mamz wrote:

Hey, I have written a few review in english (you can take a look and tell me if they are good if you feel like it) enven if it's not my first language. I noticed that there is a french version of the LH website so I was wondering of there were french reviews as well. When I click on an item it says that there is a x number of reviews but they don't display them.

So I was wondering if there are french reviews or not because if there are, I would LOVE to be able to write reviews in french too!

(now that I just revealed myself as a french speaker I feel like everything I say is gonna be judged haha)

I wouldn't have known that English wasn't your first language.

Puts me to shame as my French is not good !

Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]

Hello!

This is something we are currently working on. We do show the total review stars overall! But putting english reviews on the french website is a little silly, and translating 100,000+ reviews would be quite difficult :-) (especially since we dont believe in google translate)

Lovehoney - Paige wrote:

Hello!

This is something we are currently working on. We do show the total review stars overall! But putting english reviews on the french website is a little silly, and translating 100,000+ reviews would be quite difficult :-)

I would like helping you out with this. I could translate the reviews I've written in english and always write one for each language in the future. I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one speaking french here so if a few people do this there could be at least some reviews in french for the french speaking users. No need to have the same number of reviews than on the other sites, but being a french speaker who doesn't understand english I would be happy to have access to at least one review per item in my language.

Maybe offering testers to french speakers would also help building up a pool of reviews for the french site.

I'm just giving ideas but i'm sure you already have plenty of good ideas you're working on. :)

[suspended user]

suspended user

You are definitely not the only not-native English speaker on here, so don't worry! English isn't my mother tongue and although I speak French, that isn't either. You will not be judged on here, and especially not by your nationality! Bienvenue!

era wrote:

You are definitely not the only not-native English speaker on here, so don't worry! English isn't my mother tongue and although I speak French, that isn't either. You will not be judged on here, and especially not by your nationality! Bienvenue!

Damn three languages, that's awesome!

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Hi mamz!

We're still working out the fiddly tech bits so that we can display only French / German reviews on their relevant sites, without automatically displaying all of the English ones too. 

You can still submit a review through www.lovehoney.fr via the product pages, but please be aware that they won't be published at this time. We'll store them on our database for when we've figured out the technical niggles! 

Thank so much for the reviews you've submitted already on .co.uk - I look forward to your French editions :) 

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Hi mamz!

We're still working out the fiddly tech bits so that we can display only French / German reviews on their relevant sites, without automatically displaying all of the English ones too.

You can still submit a review through www.lovehoney.fr via the product pages, but please be aware that they won't be published at this time. We'll store them on our database for when we've figured out the technical niggles!

Thank so much for the reviews you've submitted already on .co.uk - I look forward to your French editions :)

I just submitted a few reviews and I am really excited and looking forward for them to be published!

Talia [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Hi mamz!

Could you "steal" a bit of programming from other multi-language vendors (or at least the idea)? Thomann.de (.fr, .co.uk) comes to mind - by default they only show the reviews in the website's language, but you can also choose to have reviews in all languages displayed. I think booking.com works in a very similar way.

I think that would be a good way to go, because in theory all Germans and French should be able to read English... They might prefer not to buy from an English web site, but they might want to read an English review - especially when there's none available in their native language.

(And to all the mono-lingual English people: You risk missing out on some good deals if you limit yourselves to the Lovehoney.co.uk website ;) I suppose that's Lovehoney's contribution to motivating British students to learn foreign languages <bg>).

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Talia wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Hi mamz!

Could you "steal" a bit of programming from other multi-language vendors (or at least the idea)? Thomann.de (.fr, .co.uk) comes to mind - by default they only show the reviews in the website's language, but you can also choose to have reviews in all languages displayed. I think booking.com works in a very similar way.

I think that would be a good way to go, because in theory all Germans and French should be able to read English... They might prefer not to buy from an English web site, but they might want to read an English review - especially when there's none available in their native language.

(And to all the mono-lingual English people: You risk missing out on some good deals if you limit yourselves to the Lovehoney.co.uk website ;) I suppose that's Lovehoney's contribution to motivating British students to learn foreign languages <bg>).

Some great ideas here Talia - and thanks for the suggested websites. It's great to have a few additional research points. I'll pass this on to the Tech team.

Thank you! 

emergencyexit [sign in to see picture]

Another French buyer here, this is definitely a good idea, I will also write reviews in French when I have some time!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.