• Offers You Would Like to See | Bondage and Fetish

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Talia wrote:

I'll come across as & spoilsport, but needs must...

I HATE the photo! For two reasons: I don't enjoy seeing pictures of unhappy animals, and a happy, relaxed alpaca does not have flared nostrils like the one in the photo. Secondly this picture promotes the idea that alpacas make good pets, and nothing could be further from the truth: Alpacas hate being touched (I've read that mother's don't even lick their newborns but with three geldings I can't verify - I can however confirm that there's absolutely no friendly physical contact between my alpacas), they make worse pets than sheep or cattle (who can quite enjoy a good scratch), much less goats (for a few treats a goat will do anything, probably even play dress-up).

As for the bondage offers, I generally jump on 'buy this get that free' - but only if I really want the free item (and sadly, in the last few months, I didn't). I probably could still find three items I like in the 3 for x offers, but it's not as easy as it sounds - often enough I see only two - or four! What really gets me to buy things I hadn't considered before is 70 % off ;)

@era: I've never understood why people buy riding crops in a sex shop - tack shops or general sports shops offer a much better selection (you don't need to be a horse person to shop there, you can always say it's a present for your niece who always looses her equipment).

I apologise for offending you with the image. I'm an advocate for animal welfare and would never do anything to encourage animal cruelty / discomfort. 

My research on the subject must be from different sources as it's a little different to what you've said above, but I've taken your points on board for future. 

On that same subject though, the reason I buy crops etc from sex shops, and not sports shops, is I don't agree with animals being used for sport and would never hand my cash to a retailer who did. 

Thanks again for your feedback. 

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

I would never spend my hard earned cash purchasing crops from 'sports' shops. I believe when you use such an item(s) there should be consent from both the ' giver' and 'receiver' obviously an animal can't give this consent. Each to their own but to me using canes, crops, whips ect on animals is cruel.

Talia [sign in to see picture]

You completely misunderstand the use of a riding crop!

If horses are no longer being used for sport, they will disappear. Now you need to ask the horse whether it prefers not existing at all to its current life - the answer will depend on the individual horse's "job" and living conditions. I, in any case, would find a world without horses a very much poorer place!

Incidentally, does "animals for sport" include dogs doing agility competitions? They always seem to have a lot of fun...

(My alpaca "research" is based on Gina Bromage's "Llamas and Alpacas - A guide to management", Marty McGee Bennett's "The Camelid Companion" and personal observation.)

AsYouWish! [sign in to see picture]

I have even bought a crop from the supermarket. Got a knowing look from cheap checkout girl!

Talia wrote:

You completely misunderstand the use of a riding crop!

If horses are no longer being used for sport, they will disappear. Now you need to ask the horse whether it prefers not existing at all to its current life - the answer will depend on the individual horse's "job" and living conditions. I, in any case, would find a world without horses a very much poorer place!

Incidentally, does "animals for sport" include dogs doing agility competitions? They always seem to have a lot of fun...

(My alpaca "research" is based on Gina Bromage's "Llamas and Alpacas - A guide to management", Marty McGee Bennett's "The Camelid Companion" and personal observation.)

I'm sorry Talia but I disagree with you there. Horses existed long before sports were created "for" them, and way before we used them for work and transport. Just visit anywhere with wild horses and you'll see them doing just fine without any human "help". In addition, even in these scenarios there is absolutely no need to involve a crop or whip of any kind to control the animal (check out holistic horse handling - a lot can be done with nothing more than your breath) and I would never use a whip on anything that was not consenting. It's because of this that I, personally, prefer not to put money into those kinds of shops who do support it whipping - but this could just be me!

I disagree with all animal sports, including dog agility competitions, yes. By all means, have fun with your pets and if they enjoy romping about agility courses, please continue! But no dog has ever (or will ever) care about the competition element of these things but sadly humans do. They care about "winning" and as dogs can't communicate with us on any other level than energy, the only thing the dog will pick up on is a stressed / pressured energy coming from their pack leader. In my humble opinion, that type of exercise is no good for any animal's psyche. 

Thank you for the alpaca info - I will genuinely check it out as I'm sure I have much to learn. I don't have a lot of personal experience with alpacas (some, but not much) so would be glad to expand my knowledge :) 

(I hate debating online as so much is lost in blocks of text, but please don't see this as me being difficult - I'm just joining in a genuine discussion and obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinions / beliefs :) )

Just read my message back: there was nothing cheap about the checkout girl. I am not sure what my phone predictive text did there.

AsYouWish! wrote:

Just read my message back: there was nothing cheap about the checkout girl. I am not sure what my phone predictive text did there.

Haha - I did think "poor girl" lol 

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

As someone who has been around horses and horse riders since childhood, I don't think it is misunderstanding the use of a riding crop to say it is cruel. Even when used 'correctly' (which most riders don't when they are beating living hell out of their animal in frustration) you are still relying on the animals fear to control it's actions, whether that is the fear of recieving a slap or the fear caused to a prey animal when something enters their periphreal vision.

I have never seen a horse who 'needs' a crop, merely riders who need a crop as they are incapable of controlling their horse by other means. Crops are cruel and never necessary whatever you are doing on a horse, and I do say this as someone who regularly competed (and excelled) in dessage, cross country and show jumping. Everytime someone told me to use a whip on my animal, they were swiftly told where to go and, go figure, we got the job done perfectly well without it.

On the subject of bedroom play, I would never buy a designed for horses riding crop for bedroom play as they're not in any way the same thing as the flimsy designed for humans crops you buy from sex shops. Have you ever been hit by a real riding crop in a spanking scene? Ouch doesn't cover it! And not even the good kind of ouch, haha! They just don't work the same way at all.

Sorry to go a bit off topic here, just found this debate interesting :)

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

I'm sorry Talia but I disagree with you there. Horses existed long before sports were created "for" them, and way before we used them for work and transport. Just visit anywhere with wild horses and you'll see them doing just fine without any human "help".

.....(check out holistic horse handling - a lot can be done with nothing more than your breath)

......But no dog has ever (or will ever) care about the competition element of these things but sadly humans do. They care about "winning" and as dogs can't communicate with us on any other level than energy, the only thing the dog will pick up on is a stressed / pressured energy coming from their pack leader.

Yes, I realize that debating online - especially with a software that doesn't allow to split quotes - is difficult. So, in order:

I didn't originally mean that horses needed human help to survive - wild horses survive perfectly well on their own, as do wolves and bears. And how many are there left in Britain? Wild animals need space, and space is at a premium in most parts of Europe. Incidentally, there is to my knowledge only one species of wild horses living in freedom, and that's the Przewalski horse in the Mongolian desert. It has survived there (I believe some of the animals have not been re-introduced from zoos, though there is a repopulation program) because nobody wanted its land.

All other horses are at best feral, meaning domesticated animals that live in freedom - like an alley cat without a human to go home to. Examples are the Mustangs of the American West (and it took a lot of work to protect them - you might want to watch Misfits (Marilyn Monroe, Clark Gable) and remember that the horses in their are neither CGI nor actors and that their pain and panic is real!), the ones in the desert of Namibia and in the Danube delta in Roumania. They have in common that they are horses that escaped or were "thrown out" and that they live in areas nobody else wants. As soon as people need (or want) the space, the horses will (be made to) disappear.

Dülmener "wild horses", New Forest Ponies and Camargue horses have owners - they are not wild at all but live in an extensive farming system.

And the thing with these feral horses is: They either are fit enough to survive - or they don't. I'm pretty sure my "old one" wouldn't - he needs the regular attention of a farrier and a dentist. Incidentally, starvation due to loss of teeth is the natural death for a horse in the wild (assuming his heart hasn't given out before and it didn't get caught by predators.) And have you seen the Mustang documentary where the stallion kills the foal (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPyA60lQDR4)? That's nature for you...

What (or whom) do you mean by holistic horse handlilng? The people I admire most are Linda Tellington-Jones and Pat Parelli, with LTJ having the advantage of a few decades more of experience (and her methods also working for alpacas ;) ) - but I was impressed by what I saw of Pat Parellin at Equitana in Essen. Neither of which work only with their breath (wouldn't work for opening gates anyway)...

As for the dogs: No, they don't care about winning (that's what you wanted to write, isn't it?) - winning is an abstract concept. But I believe that they enjoy the praise when they do well and the fuss being made about them when they win. Is "dogs can't communicate with us on any other level than energy" meant in a physicist's sense (everything is energy)? Because otherwise I must assume that you don't have a lot of experience with dogs: The dogs I've known understood the words they had learnt, tone of voice and human body language (and I wouldn't be surprised if one day it were proven that animals do read minds) and in an ideal world every dog owner were capable of understanding their dog's body language and sounds. And in an ideal world people wouldn't stress over some agility competition either...

@Lovebirds_x: I am sorry that you have spent a good part of your life around the wrong sort of people - where I have ridden (several decades, but outside the competitve scene) riding crops, dressage whips and lunge whips have not been used in a cruel way. And I have NEVER EVER seen ANYBODY "beating the living hell out of their animal in frustration" - I would have pulled them off their horse! Neither would I ever allow a partner to hit me when I wasn't 100% confident that they have perfect control over the amount of force they use... (of course I know how my whips feel - I've tried them out before buying!)

Stuburns [sign in to see picture]

Who first thought it was ok to ride on a horses back? Do we know they like it? Just out of interest

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Stuburns wrote:

Who first thought it was ok to ride on a horses back? Do we know they like it? Just out of interest

Probably originally a hunting requirement so the hunter could keep up with his prey . Then that leads onto the warrior on horseback and the modern miliary term of cavalry .

Stuburns wrote:

Somebody in the Asian steppes more than 5000 years ago... http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2009/03/06/2509129.htm

We don't know that horses like being ridden (or pull a coach or wagon, or agricultural tools, or logs in a forest) but most accept that it's the price to pay for having food and shelter. Because if a horse really doesn't want to do something, there's very little we puny humans can do... And if a horse has to live locked up in a stable (which is wrong, btw.), it will probably appreciate the chance to get out, even if it means it has to work. There's even horses living in fields who appreciate the variety and entertainment offered by work (as evidenced by the horse coming when being called - if it wanted to avoid its human, it would do so...)

Don't they have to be broken in for riding?

so if I was say to train a bear so that I could ride it but keep it in a large enclosure would that be frowned upon?

This is all getting a bit off theme!

Can we get free bondage gear for breaking up forum rants?

It's not off theme. I have a bear fetish and would like some associated bear fetish gear.

jimbogemini [sign in to see picture]

Stuburns wrote:

so if I was say to train a bear so that I could ride it but keep it in a large enclosure would that be frowned upon?

No, I don't think so. Andy Robbins, an old wrestler used to keep a bear called Hercules which he used to "wrestle" at events. Don't think he had a fetish though. Unless the bear had of course.

AsYouWish! wrote:

This is all getting a bit off theme!

Can we get free bondage gear for breaking up forum rants?

You're right....

I'm drawing a line! (Please feel free to continue chatting on another thread of course!)

And no - ya cheeky so'n'so!

************************************************************************************************************

So - any other bondage offers? Anyone? :P 
    Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

Please can you consider more offers where you get free shinning gel with outfits 😀pretty please. X

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Jess - not sure if I have a ton to add to but wanting to get it back to the feedback you were seeking and was thinking the other day how great it is to mix and match between categories on the 3 for $x and whatnot Like I can get a toy, lingerie and a bondage type item. I think the more Lovehoney can help promote people checking out new categories or helping shoppers mix up and select the things we need to enhance our collections the better.

I also LOVE the launch offers when a line / toy is new. I think that helps generate some buzz ;)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.