• Channel 4's Sex Box are looking for couples/singles to have sex this weekend!

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

wildflower wrote:

I too was quite surprised to hear handcuffs etc being described as hardcore !
    I'm hoping at some point we might see few more older couples on there too .

A bit late for that .I think it was the last one if I heard correctly

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

Older couples would've be good, the highlight for me was the Karma Sutra chair. My wife has asked that we fore-go buying each other birthday presents this year and just get one for the end of the bed :)

Jess and Leanne, saw you both in the audience, think the show would've been better if you two had presented it :)

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

My personal opinion would be to have more maturer couples and younger couples from Europe where they are more open about sex.

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

Last one ? Maybe they'll do a third and get some older couples in then .

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

I've yet to watch the fourth episode but I'm quite surprised to hear that Steve thought handcuffs were hardcore. I would have thought that they were considered pretty tame these days after the FSOG phenomenon.

I was really surprised when Goedele spoke about the £1 vibrator compared to one that cost nearer a hundred pounds and said something along the lines of there wouldn't be much difference. I don't know if it was edited, lost in translation or just taken out of context but I thought she would have been very keen on adding sex toys to the bedroom and that quality counts. I know I'm by no means an expert at all but even I know that you get what you pay for in terms of product quality, materials used, functions, noise limit and longevity. There is absolutely no way that a £1 toy can compare. Even my OH said that the batteries would cost more than the toy and it wouldn't last. I was very cross and I'm not sure how Leanne, Jess and Sam? must have felt in the audience that night.

If there is another series I hope that the subjects are better researched and that things are more open and better explained. Maybe have the boxes somewhere off set and a link to studio and have less couples per night so that they can spend more time discussing each topic with the audience. I really hope that it hasn't put people off experimenting and trying new things.

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

lmh95 wrote:

I've yet to watch the fourth episode but I'm quite surprised to hear that Steve thought handcuffs were hardcore. I would have thought that they were considered pretty tame these days after the FSOG phenomenon.

I was really surprised when Goedele spoke about the £1 vibrator compared to one that cost nearer a hundred pounds and said something along the lines of there wouldn't be much difference. I don't know if it was edited, lost in translation or just taken out of context but I thought she would have been very keen on adding sex toys to the bedroom and that quality counts. I know I'm by no means an expert at all but even I know that you get what you pay for in terms of product quality, materials used, functions, noise limit and longevity. There is absolutely no way that a £1 toy can compare. Even my OH said that the batteries would cost more than the toy and it wouldn't last. I was very cross and I'm not sure how Leanne, Jess and Sam? must have felt in the audience that night.

If there is another series I hope that the subjects are better researched and that things are more open and better explained. Maybe have the boxes somewhere off set and a link to studio and have less couples per night so that they can spend more time discussing each topic with the audience. I really hope that it hasn't put people off experimenting and trying new things.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. If Steve's role was to encourage audience participation, then (in the edited version that was aired, at least) he seemed to achieve the opposite. The whole point of the show is to make talk about sex more accessible and dispell taboos. If I'd had my hand up to say that I want to be suspended from a harness, and that I like wearing ballgags and my wife to f*ck me with a strapon..., and I'd just heard handcuffs described as "pretty hardcore", I'd give up and think better of it. Surely the point is to help those that are maybe shy about perfectly common kinks to come out of their shells.
    wildflower [sign in to see picture]

I've seen those £1 vibrators in our poundshop and they look like they last about 5 mins.....cheap and rigid plastic . When it comes to stuff like that you do get what you pay for .

mf77 [sign in to see picture]

honeybun91 wrote:

Are people really that desperate to be on tv? This show sounds like it's on par with embarrassing bodies and the Jeremy Kyle show lol.

Fook me this is exactly what I thought about it. Yeah it might be a thrill but jeezy creezy you'll actually do the dirty for a TV company.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.