• Channel 4's Sex Box are looking for couples/singles to have sex this weekend!

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

popk1n wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

popk1n wrote:

A little off topic, but for anyone who really liked the lady presenting in sex box, I highly recommend her one-off programme on 4od "sex in class". She goes to a school and gives some lessons on sex education and it is so interesting to see

I'll have to check this out! Personally I was really disappointed with her advice and lack of open mindedness when we were filming - no doubt a lot of her comments didn't make it into the final show. I hope.

I must try to watch at least a bit of Sex Box, but everything I'v hear so far, it sounds like it was even more cringey than when we were actually there filming it. Filming was quite a lot of fun, but there was definitely a bit of an awkward air in the studio. Steve Jones had to rescue the atmosphere of the room several times during filming. Surprisingly, not because people were having sex in a box (you forgot about that instantly) but because of some of the shoddy advice that was given and the stilted style of filming. I had hoped they would do some awesome editing to make it all smooth and swish.

I guess they didn't 😑

When you say "we" are Lovehoney on the episode or are you yourself personally taking part Jess? :)

Yeah, it's not the most slick or even informative or funny programme. But I don't mind it personally. it's not revolutionary, but take it for what it is, it's channel 4 trying to make an "edgy" programme. Here on the Lovehoney forum, we're all pretty chilled out about sex and talking about it, but for the general public it is still more of a "stiff upper lip" topic, so for the whole country as the audience, I think it does an ok job of being accessible and not being TOO explicit. All of us on here want MORE sex, MORE talk, but to other people in the country, this level is probably enough.

It's funny you should mention Steve Jones as the relief and the lady as close-minded - on the first episode I found the opposite! Steve Jones seemed to be close-minded and taking the micky and she was the one actually taking about actual sex stuff and prompting the couples.

I'll go and watch the second episode and see if it has improved :)

Sally, Sam, Leanne and I were all in the audience for one of the recording days. You should be able to spot us now and again throughout the series. I'm not sure whether they've used any of the parts where we talk... We'll have to wait and see! 

I'm looking foward to watching the episodes - it sounds as if episode 2 is much better. 

I think Goedele is open-minded and does give some great tips and advice, she just seemed very hetero, and not that great at understanding that people outside of relationships still want great sex, and experiment with other people (including their own gender) regardless of sexuality or relationship status. A lot of the mis-communication came from the fact that Goedele isn't English too though, so British-isms were somewhat lost on her, which affected the atmosphere in the studio. The show wanted to maintain an "open and chatty atmosphere", but between explaining what terms like "jacking off" meant and also trying to digest opinions like "guys kissing guys is VERY brave and you will be bombarded after the show with people thinking you're gay" (as if it was a bad thing) was a little disconcerning. 

Steve I think was used in the show to add humour and a "novice perspective", but the conversations that happened in between filming were sometimes a bit strange and Steve was constantly trying to keep people at ease so the audience would speak up. I think there was a lot of pressure to make this season better than the last. 

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

popk1n wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

popk1n wrote:

A little off topic, but for anyone who really liked the lady presenting in sex box, I highly recommend her one-off programme on 4od "sex in class". She goes to a school and gives some lessons on sex education and it is so interesting to see

I'll have to check this out! Personally I was really disappointed with her advice and lack of open mindedness when we were filming - no doubt a lot of her comments didn't make it into the final show. I hope.

I must try to watch at least a bit of Sex Box, but everything I'v hear so far, it sounds like it was even more cringey than when we were actually there filming it. Filming was quite a lot of fun, but there was definitely a bit of an awkward air in the studio. Steve Jones had to rescue the atmosphere of the room several times during filming. Surprisingly, not because people were having sex in a box (you forgot about that instantly) but because of some of the shoddy advice that was given and the stilted style of filming. I had hoped they would do some awesome editing to make it all smooth and swish.

I guess they didn't 😑

When you say "we" are Lovehoney on the episode or are you yourself personally taking part Jess? :)

Yeah, it's not the most slick or even informative or funny programme. But I don't mind it personally. it's not revolutionary, but take it for what it is, it's channel 4 trying to make an "edgy" programme. Here on the Lovehoney forum, we're all pretty chilled out about sex and talking about it, but for the general public it is still more of a "stiff upper lip" topic, so for the whole country as the audience, I think it does an ok job of being accessible and not being TOO explicit. All of us on here want MORE sex, MORE talk, but to other people in the country, this level is probably enough.

It's funny you should mention Steve Jones as the relief and the lady as close-minded - on the first episode I found the opposite! Steve Jones seemed to be close-minded and taking the micky and she was the one actually taking about actual sex stuff and prompting the couples.

Sally, Sam, Leanne and I were all in the audience for one of the recording days. You should be able to spot us now and again throughout the series. I'm not sure whether they've used any of the parts where we talk... We'll have to wait and see!

I'm looking foward to watching the episodes - it sounds as if episode 2 is much better.

I think Goedele is open-minded and does give some great tips and advice, she just seemed very hetero, and not that great at understanding that people outside of relationships still want great sex, and experiment with other people (including their own gender) regardless of sexuality or relationship status. A lot of the mis-communication came from the fact that Goedele isn't English too though, so British-isms were somewhat lost on her, which affected the atmosphere in the studio. The show wanted to maintain an "open and chatty atmosphere", but between explaining what terms like "jacking off" meant and also trying to digest opinions like "guys kissing guys is VERY brave and you will be bombarded after the show with people thinking you're gay" (as if it was a bad thing) was a little disconcerning.

Steve I think was used in the show to add humour and a "novice perspective", but the conversations that happened in between filming were sometimes a bit strange and Steve was constantly trying to keep people at ease so the audience would speak up. I think there was a lot of pressure to make this season better than the last.

Yeah, I suppose some miscommunication due to nationality/language barrier probably doesn't help things. Just goes to show you can even teach an expert new things! In a programme like this, personal opinions and thoughts will come up and may not be agreed upon (like the guys kissing guys comment) but I suppose if nothing else there is a discussion of some form. No one is perfect.... but I'm sure the editors will try their best make her look that way... ;)

Episode 2 was much better - still don't expect anything revolutionary! - but felt more relaxed and couples seemed to have genuine fun.

Will keep up with thi programme if only to try and spot you Lovehoney peeps! :)

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

popk1n wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

popk1n wrote:

I guess they didn't 😑

I quite agree . This series has to be a success otherwise I don't think there will be a third , after the slating the first series received .

I think it needs more programmes like this , which are informative and perhaps encourages other vanilla couples ( as most of us were once ) and singles  to experiment a little more . Many people thanks in the main to the media still perceive kinkyness or BDSM as sex crazed leather clad dominatrixes in thigh high boots cracking whips . To some guys that might well be a fantasy but in the main its the wrong image and perhaps an exteme one at that.

My own view is that after celebrating out 40th Anniversary today, I wished we starting experimenting at a much earlier stage. But where was the insperation at that time ? Very little in the way of informative programmes were being aired except for some American Imports (Sexetra) which are fun and still fun to watch but extreme in the main. Better sex has cemented our raltionship which was going through a sticky patch about 3 years ago . Sex was boring and therefore both of us got dissinterested . I think tthe only thing that kept us going during this tricky period was that we were still cuddling and kissing on the settee and the Mrs reading her 50 Shades novels. .It was only when I found the Lovehoney site by accident that I printed many pages of it off ( we didn't have a pc at home at the time) it opened oup our eyes a bit, actually being truthful quite a lot !

And at 40 years of marriage we are still here having fun .

So IMO we need more good sex and relationship programmes and hopefully this will be a sucess .

mysteron wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

popk1n wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

popk1n wrote:

I guess they didn't 😑

I quite agree . This series has to be a success otherwise I don't think there will be a third , after the slating the first series received .

I think it needs more programmes like this , which are informative and perhaps encourages other vanilla couples ( as most of us were once ) and singles to experiment a little more . Many people thanks in the main to the media still perceive kinkyness or BDSM as sex crazed leather clad dominatrixes in thigh high boots cracking whips . To some guys that might well be a fantasy but in the main its the wrong image and perhaps an exteme one at that.

My own view is that after celebrating out 40th Anniversary today, I wished we starting experimenting at a much earlier stage. But where was the insperation at that time ? Very little in the way of informative programmes were being aired except for some American Imports (Sexetra) which are fun and still fun to watch but extreme in the main. Better sex has cemented our raltionship which was going through a sticky patch about 3 years ago . Sex was boring and therefore both of us got dissinterested . I think tthe only thing that kept us going during this tricky period was that we were still cuddling and kissing on the settee and the Mrs reading her 50 Shades novels. .It was only when I found the Lovehoney site by accident that I printed many pages of it off ( we didn't have a pc at home at the time) it opened oup our eyes a bit, actually being truthful quite a lot !

So IMO we need more good sex and relationship programmes and hopefully this will be a sucess .

Y'know mysteron, I feel like you could have been a sex educator in another life... you always comment on everything with such wisdom and consideration... :)

popk1n wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

popk1n wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

popk1n wrote:

I guess they didn't 😑

I think it needs more programmes like this , which are informative and perhaps encourages other vanilla couples ( as most of us were once ) and singles to experiment a little more . Many people thanks in the main to the media still perceive kinkyness or BDSM as sex crazed leather clad dominatrixes in thigh high boots cracking whips . To some guys that might well be a fantasy but in the main its the wrong image and perhaps an exteme one at that.

Y'know mysteron, I feel like you could have been a sex educator in another life... you always comment on everything with such wisdom and consideration... :)

Except for the fact I am getting ahead of my self ! Its our 20th anniversary not 40th .

No Idea where I got 40 from . And no it doesn't feel I have been married for 40 years either ! lol

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Watched the second episode last night.

Loved the kama sutra chair!!!

I thought this week that the programme flowed a bit better. Steve was much more relaxed and less jokey. The couples were more sure of themselves and we were more aware of what was going on in the boxes. I especially liked the last couple who used the kama sutra chair. She seemed very bubbly, honest and open.
    I think she would be a lovely person to be friends with.

Goedele is lovely but I didn't think that she explained the bondage - spanking section as well as she could have. It was all a bit vague, giggly and quick. Maybe a willing model to demonstrate properly on other than a fully clothed Steve would have given a better insight to spanking.

Still busy looking for Jess, Leanne etc in the audience during the show but haven't noticed them yet.

sassykitten;) [sign in to see picture]

I want that kama sutra CHAIR in my life..... not just for sex!!!!

I quite enjoyed the episode last night and spotted Jess in the audience looking lovely as ever with Green Hair.

I found the mini dabate that developed about Planned Sex v Spontaneous Sex . Very pertanent with me at the moment with my wife's labido being rather eratic. So at the moment its going to be more spontaneous sex with us. I do understand the planned sex rationale. The anticipation build up etc and being able to organise the implements ,costumes ,toys as well . But its no use going to all that trouble and planning if at the allotted time you find your OH is not in the mood .

The first couple cracked under pressure last night and found they couldn't perform in the box. Not surprisng as the pressure would be immense. Just wondering if any of the other couples faked it to save face . I think I would!

The topic of cheating was also interesting . I think it is something that some of us including myself here have done in the past ( not with my current partner or in fact not with my last 7 partners.) I also think its on the increase as well and not helped by certian "dating" sites that promote this activity. Not something I would want to encourage these days.

Did miss the kink a bit last night as it was mainly about enhancing "normal" sex .

Intersting bit on the 1 pound vibrator from a pound store chain. I don't think LH have anything to worry about here as I just can't see the average Brit placing one in their basket becasue of the "embarrassment factor" . On saying that I think its one to watch this space .

But yeah not a bad show IMO.

Missed this last night. Will hopefully get a chance to catch it later in the week:)

Will watch it now whilst eating my dinner :)

+1 to what mysteron said about the couple that didn't perform. It was actually refreshing to hear that bloke just cut to the chase and say "yknow what, later when we're alone I can't wait, but right now, we just weren't aroused with people here". What's the point unless people are honest, so credit to them for admitting it.

I also think part of their problem was clearly that it was more of a mental factor, like with the whole catholic thing, so that's the type of thing that she would probably feel more comfortable doing in private, with zero pressure, and that is something that isn't a quick fix, it'll take time.

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

I saw Jess and Leanne in the audience 😌

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

I didn't see this but my bro did send me a screen shot of my face , eyes half closed - was very flattering ! 

I must try and catch up though as I was super interested to see how it all came together after being in the audience. 

I did feel for the super shy girl as she seemed so timid , good on her for trying and doing something new to help her and her partner. I hope it has improved things moving forward for them as they seemed like a lovely couple , much like the other couples we saw actually. Different dynamics but all very much into each other , if you know what I mean. 

KinkyMinxMoo [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

[...] I can't see Sofology stocking them ! That would embarrass Neil !

This is my most favorite post ever! Thank you Mysteron :D

Just got round to watching this tonight. Spotted Jess and Leanne in the audience and I thought the girl who answered the "Clitar hero" meaning question looked familiar too.

Some great couples again this week. Thought the last guy was really brave coming out and saying that he just didn't feel aroused at all in that setting. His girlfriend looked really disappointed but hopefully they had fun back at their hotel room after.

Will definitely be trying out the lotus position and having another try at the CAT:)

Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]

I will deffinatly be making myself one of those Karma Sutra chairs from episode 2, as I used make furniture for a living in my younger days. All I need then is someone to use it with.

alone4ever wrote:

I will deffinatly be making myself one of those Karma Sutra chairs from episode 2, as I used make furniture for a living in my younger days. All I need then is someone to use it with.

I don't think you would be short of customers if you decided to build some ! Could be a new business opportunity. If I had your skills I would .

mysteron wrote:

alone4ever wrote:

I don't think you would be short of customers if you decided to build some ! Could be a new business opportunity. If I had your skills I would .

You could actually become a millionaire, those things are expensive

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

Got around to watching all four episodes on catch-up. Mixed feelings, as far as voyeuristic sensationalist telly goes, it was alright; as far as sex advice went I found it lacking, and in places, pretty patronising to the couples.

Agree Steve is hot, but his (deliberately?) dumbed down comments annoyed me throughout, from the ridiculing niche sextoys, to the part on bondage in episode 4 where he was asking the audience who likes bondage. He first called bondage as a whole "strange", and when a girl replied to say she uses "handcuffs, ties, blindfolds, that sort of thing", he says " wow, that's pretty hardcore"... I know a lot of Brits struggle to be open when talking about sex (but not the doing, just the talking), so far from encouraging openness, making out tame bondage acts such as blindfolds & handcuffs to be "hardcore" not only seems childish but won't encourage others in the audience to participate in the conversation.

Some of Goedele's advice was pretty sound but agree with earlier comments that was very much geared towards hetero couples. The whole thing was somewhat entertaining but it smacked of educating young teenagers who've never had any sex as opposed to educating sexually active adults :/ maybe the teenagers were the target viewing audience...

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

I too was quite surprised to hear handcuffs etc being described as hardcore !
    I'm hoping at some point we might see few more older couples on there too .

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.