• Channel 4's Sex Box are looking for couples/singles to have sex this weekend!

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

lmh95 wrote:

I really enjoyed seeing the female presenter again. I liked her open, easy going style on the joy of sex toys show. She seems very knowledgeable and friendly. Steve was okay but did maybe have too much joking, mucking about and playing the fool but maybe that was to put people at ease.

I did also find it very hard to hear what people were saying as there was a lot of mumbling between the couples and when they showed little video clips and the presenters spoke over them. I had to turn it up quite a few times and also rewind a few bits to catch what was being said.
    Unfortunately, for me, that's maybe an age thing though and other people heard it fine 😂

No it's not you. They were mumbling because they were too embarrassed to talk or discuss. That's why I suggested they need couples with maturity and experience.

glittergirl [sign in to see picture]

I love the concepts of the show and the massage tips asking for it to be preformed . How ever the idea is to talk openly the people that were on this show really seemed Immature in there sexual openness and weren't very forward in talking after about pro and con they took a lot of promoting to say anything. The couple that done massage was most open as obviously were more comfortable together but the fed back was rubbish.
    I really hope they go for some older couples as these i feel would open up more the my not be best eye candy for tv but would certainly be more mature and give more information. I'm in my early 30's have no problem coming forward with my likes dislikes and being more descriptive in what acts do for me. This did how ever feel very school age giggley but very little practical Imput hope this changes .

nodrog [sign in to see picture]

Found it quite good people talk about what they want to try bit like on here but then they get the chance to go into a box and live it out and then come out and talk about it

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

I didn't like it.

I didn't like the presenters, think the man presenter (no idea on his name) tried too hard to be funny, the female talking about the sex her accent really grated on me, call me picky but that's me, I too found the whole thing really immature. I am bi curious and watching the 2 girls go into the box together, I found the whole thing cringey, rather than a turn on. The program lasted no longer than 10 minutes with me before I deleted it.

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

Just watched it. I quite enjoyed it personally :)

I found it quite accessible, quite friendly... though maybe steve jones could have kept some comments to himself, the odd comment made him sound a bit close-minded, like when talking about penetrative sex and with the vag-ankle, he seemed to be ridiculing it a bit, when some people do actually have foot fetishes, it shouldn't be laughed at.

Loved the woman, she was so enthusiatic. I love that she asked questions and was straight talking and you could tell she was genuinely fascinated. I really identify with how she seemed so intriguied... in my everyday life, I don't know anyone who has a fascination with sex and pleasure like I do, and I would genuinely love to have an informative, serious, enthusiastic chat, but my friends are more about jokey chats. So this woman was a breath of fresh air, I'd love to have a chat with her!

A little off topic, but for anyone who really liked the lady presenting in sex box, I highly recommend her one-off programme on 4od "sex in class". She goes to a school and gives some lessons on sex education and it is so interesting to see

popk1n wrote:

A little off topic, but for anyone who really liked the lady presenting in sex box, I highly recommend her one-off programme on 4od "sex in class". She goes to a school and gives some lessons on sex education and it is so interesting to see

Yep seen it .It was quite good although it was some time ago I watched it. I think some of the parents complained if I recall correctly.

honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]

Saw some of this on goggle box last night... Cringe. What a ridiculous show 😂😷.

Just a reminder the episode 2 will be on tonight C4 at 10.00pm.

I really do hope that this will get better as series 1 got slated by the critics and wouldn't want this to follow suit . But so far its not been brilliant .

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

I watched the section about it on goggle box too... They all thought it was cringe as well. Like the woman on there said "not a shred of romance" which was absolutely correct. And the couple in living in Sandwich, the woman rightly said this is all about voyerusim,

"so you two just had sex?"

"Yeah"

"was it good?"

"Yeah." 

"Ok then!" Just cringe.

As I turned off after 10 minutes I didn't see the 2 friends go into the box. I only saw it on gogglebox and my opinion of the show went even lower, they'd been friends forever and in the end only gave oral sex. In my opinion that says it all, that they knew it was a mistake and didn't want to have full sex. I just don't get the show that all.

SquirtyPanda wrote:

I watched the section about it on goggle box too... They all thought it was cringe as well. Like the woman on there said "not a shred of romance" which was absolutely correct. And the couple in living in Sandwich, the woman rightly said this is all about voyerusim,

"so you two just had sex?"

"Yeah"

"was it good?"

"Yeah."

"Ok then!" Just cringe.

As I turned off after 10 minutes I didn't see the 2 friends go into the box. I only saw it on gogglebox and my opinion of the show went even lower, they'd been friends forever and in the end only gave oral sex. In my opinion that says it all, that they knew it was a mistake and didn't want to have full sex. I just don't get the show that all.

Just maybe they didn't have full sex as they would be both too nervous. As I have said before I think the pressure on a guy is so immense because of the environment .If it was me I would have faked it lol

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

popk1n wrote:

I'll have to check this out! Personally I was really disappointed with her advice and lack of open mindedness when we were filming - no doubt a lot of her comments didn't make it into the final show. I hope. 

I must try to watch at least a bit of Sex Box, but everything I'v hear so far, it sounds like it was even more cringey than when we were actually there filming it. Filming was quite a lot of fun, but there was definitely a bit of an awkward air in the studio. Steve Jones had to rescue the atmosphere of the room several times during filming. Surprisingly, not because people were having sex in a box (you forgot about that instantly) but because of some of the shoddy advice that was given and the stilted style of filming. I had hoped they would do some awesome editing to make it all smooth and swish. 

I guess they didn't 😑

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

popk1n wrote:

I'll have to check this out! Personally I was really disappointed with her advice and lack of open mindedness when we were filming - no doubt a lot of her comments didn't make it into the final show. I hope.

I must try to watch at least a bit of Sex Box, but everything I'v hear so far, it sounds like it was even more cringey than when we were actually there filming it. Filming was quite a lot of fun, but there was definitely a bit of an awkward air in the studio. Steve Jones had to rescue the atmosphere of the room several times during filming. Surprisingly, not because people were having sex in a box (you forgot about that instantly) but because of some of the shoddy advice that was given and the stilted style of filming. I had hoped they would do some awesome editing to make it all smooth and swish.

I guess they didn't 😑

At the moment I am reserving judgement until I have seen some of the other episodes. I personally think it needs or needed couples with more experience and more confidence . The couples so far featured have been too young and lacked IMO experience This showed in the lack of flow the programme appears to have at the moment. It was that slow My Mrs dosed off watching it ! .If this was filmed say in France or Germany I think you would have had something different to what we are seeing. Brits seem to always be edgy ( present company on here excepted of course) and not confident about discussing what still is a taboo subject in this country .

Well I thought the episode this week was much better. I would luv to get my hands on one of those Kama Sutra lounges. Don't know where I would put it though .

Some of those spanking implements sounded a bit metallic !

The couple that had just met and started having sex sort of tore up all of my rules. But I was brought up in a different era when AIDS was at the forefront of nearly everything to do with relationships and therefore us singletons of that time were much more cautious and careful. Just hope having spontaneous sex doesn't encourage more diseases .

I think the choice of couples this week was much better although I wished the Irish guy would open his mouth when talking and then perhaps we could understand and hear what he was talking about. His Danish wife spoke much clearer and wasn't she so attractive !?

Looking forward to the next instalment.

missyO [sign in to see picture]

Second show definitely better. The Danish girl proved how much more liberal and open other European States are about sex.
    Steve Jones seemed more relaxed in this show too.
    Any chance Lovehoney will be selling the Karma Sutra chair? Although like Mysteron said, not sure where it would go in the house!

missyO wrote:

Second show definitely better. The Danish girl proved how much more liberal and open other European States are about sex.
    Steve Jones seemed more relaxed in this show too.
    Any chance Lovehoney will be selling the Karma Sutra chair? Although like Mysteron said, not sure where it would go in the house!

I have been looking at the prices of these type of chairs for example the Tantra Chair. They are very expensive around $1300.00 . I think the prices would be out of reach for many and I can't see Sofology stocking them ! That would embarrass Neil ! lol

missyO [sign in to see picture]

Neil wouldn't know where to put himself!!
    That's one pricey chair. Maybe it's something sister brand Coco de Mer would consider since they carry higher end lingerie and toys. They do after all sell a toy priced at over £1000!

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

The second episode was definitely better and I for one would love a Karma Sutra chair !

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

popk1n wrote:

I guess they didn't 😑

When you say "we" are Lovehoney on the episode or are you yourself personally taking part Jess? :)

Yeah, it's not the most slick or even informative or funny programme. But I don't mind it personally. it's not revolutionary, but take it for what it is, it's channel 4 trying to make an "edgy" programme. Here on the Lovehoney forum, we're all pretty chilled out about sex and talking about it, but for the general public it is still more of a "stiff upper lip" topic, so for the whole country as the audience, I think it does an ok job of being accessible and not being TOO explicit. All of us on here want MORE sex, MORE talk, but to other people in the country, this level is probably enough.

It's funny you should mention Steve Jones as the relief and the lady as close-minded - on the first episode I found the opposite! Steve Jones seemed to be close-minded and taking the micky and she was the one actually taking about actual sex stuff and prompting the couples.

I'll go and watch the second episode and see if it has improved :)

Currentlywatching second episode... the woman with the curly hair and blue dress in the second couple is so GORGEOUS!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.