• Which despatch address on a gift?

[suspended user]

suspended user

If you decide to gift an item to somebody, how does Lovehoney decide on the despatch address?

If the receover has a registered home address, but uses collection at a post office normally, do Lovehoney check this? or do they despatch to the home address?

I have a registered home address but always use the discrete post office option, if I add the post office as an address and make it my default address, then does this cause any billing complications?

The only helpis here http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/secret-wishlist-shopping/ and this does not cover the question.

Can the wonderful customer service department at Lovehoney please answer this for me?

Many thanks in advance

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

I am fairly certain it just goes to the 'default address' on the account in question. The reciever of the gift doesn't get any emails regarding it, so they couldn't send it to the post office as the person would never know it was there and obviously the sender couldn't let them know. Plus the post office collection isn't available everywhere.

Manually entering your local post office as an address would not be a great idea because of just that; you'd never know if a gift had arrived for you. Plus it's not the same as the pick up option, you'd actually be delivering it to the post office i.e. not to you, not delivering it to be picked up by you. There's probably some other reason why it's not legal or whatever to use the post office's address as if it were your own, but I'm not sure on specifics. Billing issues are kind of the least of your worries, I doubt you'd ever get the parcel and you could get in trouble with someone.

There's no real need to do that anyway, if someone sends you something and you are not there you'll likely get a card to go pick it up from the post office :)

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Lovebirds_x wrote:

I am fairly certain it just goes to the 'default address' on the account in question. The reciever of the gift doesn't get any emails regarding it, so they couldn't send it to the post office as the person would never know it was there and obviously the sender couldn't let them know. Plus the post office collection isn't available everywhere.

Manually entering your local post office as an address would not be a great idea because of just that; you'd never know if a gift had arrived for you. Plus it's not the same as the pick up option, you'd actually be delivering it to the post office i.e. not to you, not delivering it to be picked up by you. There's probably some other reason why it's not legal or whatever to use the post office's address as if it were your own, but I'm not sure on specifics. Billing issues are kind of the least of your worries, I doubt you'd ever get the parcel and you could get in trouble with someone.

There's no real need to do that anyway, if someone sends you something and you are not there you'll likely get a card to go pick it up from the post office :)

This as the receiver will not know to collect and ... 

From my time on customer care I can confirm there is a local collect option , however the post office have requirements we need to meet to allow this to work. The delivery has to be booked in so that they expect the parcel. 

I am sorry to say that changing the default address to the post office would not work as if it is not booked through the correct means it will be refused by them.

The criteria for local collect is only available on tracked services and card payments , as the other issue we face is paypal pushes the address to the system. 

More details on local collect can be located here : http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/local-collect-faq/

As for the shipping of wishlists orders it is sent to the default address linked to the account. 

I hope that helps clarify please let me know if I can help further :) 

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.