• Lovehoney sex toy tester thread 2016

sexytime87 [sign in to see picture]

@Vanilla_Kink

Thanks I don't know how I managed to post this on testers thread, Ooops Lol.

fairehlights [sign in to see picture]

Waaaaaaaaaand! :D
    That'd be a good post day, if that turned up.
    It's been a while since I've had anything for review so this might kick my ass into gear xD

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

All updated :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

KittenFeatures [sign in to see picture]

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Sex Squid wrote:

Well it's Friday! I don't think I/we have any real hope in being selected for the CdM stuff but congrats to the lucky ones chosen :)

You've got as good a chance as anyone else, your reviews are awesome! :)

I know the feeling of never going to happen when the list is amazing though, everytime it's like 'that stuff is just too good for me'. Not going to stop me wishing though! :p

:P Don't think this is necessarily true, for example for those that haven't tested anything are nowhere near as likely to get expensive ones. I don't know because I haven't seen it clarified anywhere but is there more chance of being chosen for a tester if you have bought items that are similar to ones on the list? For example, owning a wand or few will give you better chances of receiving a wand as a tester? Is that how it works, anyone know?

honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]

Updated loooove the glass dildo

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

KittenFeatures wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Sex Squid wrote:

Well it's Friday! I don't think I/we have any real hope in being selected for the CdM stuff but congrats to the lucky ones chosen :)

I know the feeling of never going to happen when the list is amazing though, everytime it's like 'that stuff is just too good for me'. Not going to stop me wishing though! :p

:P Don't think this is necessarily true, for example for those that haven't tested anything are nowhere near as likely to get expensive ones. I don't know because I haven't seen it clarified anywhere but is there more chance of being chosen for a tester if you have bought items that are similar to ones on the list? For example, owning a wand or few will give you better chances of receiving a wand as a tester? Is that how it works, anyone know?

Yeah, I think this is what Leanne means when she refers to "order history" and etc. Doesn't mean you wont get to test stuff! But I think it's probs better if youve used something similar in some way. That being said I've had a few firsts through testers, so I might be talking rubbish :')

mummymermaid [sign in to see picture]

List updated x

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

KittenFeatures wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Sex Squid wrote:

Of course I understand that new testers are unlikely to get expensive testers. What I was saying is that Sex Squid, a seasoned reviewer with 48 reviews under their belt, 10 years of service as a reviewer and the status of most recent review of the month winner, has got as good a chance as anyone else for luxury testers.

They do use your other reviews and order history to try and see if you are suitable for items, yes. Although like popk1n I've had many firsts as tester items, so I don't think you *have* to, for example, have reviewed or bought a wand to recieve a wand. I think they go by the type of items you buy, like you may be considered for a we-vibe because you buy and review couples toys. Leanne has been providing further clarification for the process recently, so maybe she'll pop in and confirm this better than I can. This is just my understanding from seeing it talked about over the years :)

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Of course I understand that new testers are unlikely to get expensive testers. What I was saying is that Sex Squid, a seasoned reviewer with 48 reviews under their belt, 10 years of service as a reviewer and the status of most recent review of the month winner, has got as good a chance as anyone else for luxury testers.

They do use your other reviews and order history to try and see if you are suitable for items, yes. Although like popk1n I've had many firsts as tester items, so I don't think you *have* to, for example, have reviewed or bought a wand to recieve a wand. I think they go by the type of items you buy, like you may be considered for a we-vibe because you buy and review couples toys. Leanne has been providing further clarification for the process recently, so maybe she'll pop in and confirm this better than I can. This is just my understanding from seeing it talked about over the years :)

I can see it from both sides though. It's nice to get people who are likely to know the items better to review simply for the comparisons to other items and value in terms of what's better to buy. It's good to get new peoples' opinions too in the sense that if they're new they can give a great first impression. My real question is how much of it is either or? :P

I don't expect to get any testers for a long while due to not registering that long ago, I'm just overly curious is all. It's nice to have a break down of what goes into it all. I tend to read all the tester reviews on products I want as well so they are really helpful regardless of having items before or not.

sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]

Fingers crossed for the Doxy. I am truly fed up now of my body wand and have been eyeing up the doxy for some time now. Either way, I will be watching the reviews as I am truly torn as to what wand to purchase next!

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

KittenFeatures wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

I can see it from both sides though. It's nice to get people who are likely to know the items better to review simply for the comparisons to other items and value in terms of what's better to buy. It's good to get new peoples' opinions too in the sense that if they're new they can give a great first impression. My real question is how much of it is either or? :P

I don't expect to get any testers for a long while due to not registering that long ago, I'm just overly curious is all. It's nice to have a break down of what goes into it all. I tend to read all the tester reviews on products I want as well so they are really helpful regardless of having items before or not.

I can also see it from both sides :) I would like to add that from my pov, the clientele more likely to buy expensive items eg a doxy are those with more experience of toys, so I guess a more experienced reviewer would be more helpful.

Anyway, adding more hopefully good luck for myself for that beautiful glass dildo!! I used one of my other ones a couple of nights ago... wow, glass never gets ol

popk1n wrote:

I can also see it from both sides :) I would like to add that from my pov, the clientele more likely to buy expensive items eg a doxy are those with more experience of toys, so I guess a more experienced reviewer would be more helpful.

Anyway, adding more hopefully good luck for myself for that beautiful glass dildo!! I used one of my other ones a couple of nights ago... wow, glass never gets ol

I agree with that. I think wands are one of those things that are better tested by people who have other wands to compare it to, whereas a cock ring, for example, could be tried by anyone and have pretty good feedback given even if it's someone's first time. Same with things like stockings. :P I expect my first tester to be something lingerie if I ever get one, simply because I mostly review it.

Only thing not on my list this time round is the condoms. We don't use them. :3

LeilaK [sign in to see picture]

In love with the Coco de Mer double pleasure artisan glass dildo 💜

dirty_boy [sign in to see picture]

Updated our Wishlist with the Doxy. Would love to compare it against our other wands.

GeekyGirl1980 [sign in to see picture]

Ooh, love the look of the glass dildo and Kegel eggs. Fingers crossed!!

Leo Christian [sign in to see picture]

The Coco de Mer glass dildo looks amazing

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

Just the stockings on my list xx

mf77 [sign in to see picture]

List updated and Doxy added. Loving the curves on the Coco De Mer glass dildo, looks like they could head straight for the right spots.

Jennylafay [sign in to see picture]

Question :)

Can I, as a female, test male toys (with the help of my husband of course)?

Like the boxers that where up a while ago, I would love to see my husband in them and of course I would write if he liked them and such but is that allowed or would he need his own profile/account to do so?

MK7 [sign in to see picture]

Jennylafay wrote:

Question :)

Can I, as a female, test male toys (with the help of my husband of course)?

Like the boxers that where up a while ago, I would love to see my husband in them and of course I would write if he liked them and such but is that allowed or would he need his own profile/account to do so?

You can. Besides, LH i'm sure has indiscriminately sent out lingerie testers to crossdressers in the past, so even if they're for an OH and not yourself, I doubt that's an issue. Remember, your LH profile tells your relationship status and I'm pretty sure they use that when sending out testers.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.