• NEW BONDAGE! Tease by Lovehoney has arrived at last!

    1445887841
    Ddiggler [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 112
    • Joined: 13 May 2012

    My lovely lovehoneys buy this we was lucky to be chosen to road test it and what a great sexy time we had its well made and super sexy to use we have used it loads of times now we love it.

    1445888401

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1479
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2013

    Ok, ok... I spent way too much time today with this...

    But now I'm confused and need help.

    I just read all the 15 reviews of the floggers. I am thinking of buying one, but the thing is I already own the Tease Me flogger http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21801 which in all honesty is a bit of a disappointment (and we have a respectable collection of floggers at that). So I wanted to decide whether the tease by LH version would be better. First off, the new version is described as having leather tails on all three colour pages. But whilst in the case of the 15 crop reviews there are only 2 people speaking about "faux leather" in their reviews, with the floggers most reviewers mention "faux leather" and only a couple leather.

    So are the tails genuine leather or faux one?

    Is there anyone who got the new version and also has the old one to compare lenght, tails and sensations?

    Thank you all!

    1445890483
    atropos [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 29
    • Joined: 30 Jun 2014

    These are gorgeous! Added to my very long 'must buy come payday' list :p Love the red especially - stands out so much!

    1445891176
    NatandTom [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5884
    • Joined: 6 Jun 2015

    I tested the red blindfold and the purple handcuffs and they are awesome, highly recomming both!

    1445891283
    Lorah13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 669
    • Joined: 8 Jun 2013

    era wrote:

    Ok, ok... I spent way too much time today with this...

    But now I'm confused and need help.

    I just read all the 15 reviews of the floggers. I am thinking of buying one, but the thing is I already own the Tease Me flogger http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21801 which in all honesty is a bit of a disappointment (and we have a respectable collection of floggers at that). So I wanted to decide whether the tease by LH version would be better. First off, the new version is described as having leather tails on all three colour pages. But whilst in the case of the 15 crop reviews there are only 2 people speaking about "faux leather" in their reviews, with the floggers most reviewers mention "faux leather" and only a couple leather.

    So are the tails genuine leather or faux one?

    Is there anyone who got the new version and also has the old one to compare lenght, tails and sensations?

    Thank you all!

    I don't have the older version to compare but I just went and checked my tease me flogger there again and in all honesty the tails neither feel, look like nor smell like real leather. When I first got it my inclination without obviously having a product description was that they were faux leather, I had also asked my husband what he thought and he had agreed that they were faux too, so if they are indeed real leather, it's the best faux real leather I've seen!

    1445891353
    BarginHunta [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 338
    • Joined: 7 Aug 2006

    era wrote:

    Ok, ok... I spent way too much time today with this...

    But now I'm confused and need help.

    I just read all the 15 reviews of the floggers. I am thinking of buying one, but the thing is I already own the Tease Me flogger http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21801 which in all honesty is a bit of a disappointment (and we have a respectable collection of floggers at that). So I wanted to decide whether the tease by LH version would be better. First off, the new version is described as having leather tails on all three colour pages. But whilst in the case of the 15 crop reviews there are only 2 people speaking about "faux leather" in their reviews, with the floggers most reviewers mention "faux leather" and only a couple leather.

    So are the tails genuine leather or faux one?

    Is there anyone who got the new version and also has the old one to compare lenght, tails and sensations?

    Thank you all!

    Hi Era, Its REALLY difficult to see what the tail material was like, so difficult to compare to the new one.

    HOWEVER, I do have the new one as we were lucky enough to recieve it as part of the 7 piece kit - review is HERE (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33712&reviewid=130546#customer_reviews) - see the penultimate paragraph for the flogger review :)
    I'm 99% sure it is faux leather tails, but if a close up photo of the tails would help you to confirm this one way or another then I'm happy to provide. I guess it depends what you want from the flogger, this is great as a 'beginners' kit, it is nice and soft, but can also be flicked to produce a nice whip, but one that doesn't sting too much.

    If there is anything else I can tell you, or if you want a photo of the tails let me know :)

    1445892611
    Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2250
    • Joined: 24 Oct 2012

    era wrote:

    Ok, ok... I spent way too much time today with this...

    But now I'm confused and need help.

    I just read all the 15 reviews of the floggers. I am thinking of buying one, but the thing is I already own the Tease Me flogger http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21801 which in all honesty is a bit of a disappointment (and we have a respectable collection of floggers at that). So I wanted to decide whether the tease by LH version would be better. First off, the new version is described as having leather tails on all three colour pages. But whilst in the case of the 15 crop reviews there are only 2 people speaking about "faux leather" in their reviews, with the floggers most reviewers mention "faux leather" and only a couple leather.

    So are the tails genuine leather or faux one?

    Is there anyone who got the new version and also has the old one to compare lenght, tails and sensations?

    Thank you all!

    The product descriptions says it is real leather, so I would assume it is real leather unless someone has messed up writing up the descriptions. Bear in mind that the reviewers calling it faux leather would not have had access to the product description and so may have made assumptions that it is faux leather when it is not the case.

    I do not have the flogger (yet :p) but I have the paddle and the crop. Comparing them to my DOMINIX items the leather on them looks and feels identical. With both items it looks like they have stuck a very thin strip of leather onto some black foam.

    The tag for the crop states it is made from satin and leather, though the tag on the crop says it s made from satin, nylon and PVC with no mention of leather (even though the wrist strap at least is definitely leather as far as I am aware). So it would be great to have this clarified. I must say, I wouldn't be so keen on the flogger if it wasn't real leather!

    1445893281
    jr78 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 274
    • Joined: 1 Jul 2015

    I tested the silky hand restraints & loved them, they feel so luxurious, loving the eye mask, think I may need to order 😉 x

    1445893334
    Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3479
    • Joined: 22 Jul 2015

    Hi I have the new flogger on the tag it says made from pu. Hope this helps x

    1445897143

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1479
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2013

    Thank you all for the responses!

    BarginHunta, a close-up might help, although today they make faux leather seam like real one, so touching/scraping and/or smelling might be the only way for someone to know (at least my husband uses this "old" technique, and his family used to own for generations a leather tannery). I also suppose Jess or some other LH staff will pop in tomorrow to clear this up.

    Lovebirds, I got the red crop to test. I noticed the label: the description spoke about "satin and leather" but on the back it listed as you say only the three materials. I asked Cazz and Customer Care about this before writing my review, and eventually they confirmed: the crop has a leather side, but this material was forgotten from the list of materials on the label - they took note and for future prints of the product tag they will rectify. To me and my husband the leather side seemed leather (and yes, the loop too), so I have no reasons for doubt.

    With the flogger, the thing is, as mentioned, I already have the Tease Me version. Which if you go look, it's actually called "Satin and Leather Flogger", but then if you read all the description they clearly mention that the tails are faux leather (the only leather is actually on the handle part). So this is clear, and although I've known it before buying, it is one of the main reasons I was disappointed with the product (somehow they just don't feel nice or soft enough). So yes, I'd only consider buying the new version if they would be real leather and/or slightly different in lenght/weight (which it doesn't seem to be from the reviews).

    I also have the Tease Me paddle, from the old range, and it was our first paddle ever, but love at first spank too! And never doubted the black side to be leather. I'm just not a fan of purple, but given the new items don't seem to offer anything extra except the beautiful colour choices, I'll stick to what I have for now.

    I would suppose as the crop had its planned pakcaging when it was sent to us, that the flogger did too, so it should have a product description and material list tag attached like the crop had. So people reviewing the items might check instead of taking educated guesses.

    Thank you for that CoupleLTSTU (hell of a screen name there! ;)), that does help. PU is faux leather, so my bet would be the tails are not genuine. :( Too bad, I had my heart set on the red one to keep company to my crop.

    Again thank you all.

    1445900055
    Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3000
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    I was a lucky tester of two of these items. Here are my reviews and happy to answer any additional questions.

    Feather Tickler:

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33640&reviewid=127052#customer_reviews

    Spanking Paddle

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33630&reviewid=127050#customer_reviews

    1445901098
    Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4771
    • Joined: 30 Mar 2015

    Bandage gear in red! Great, makes a pleasant change from black.

    1445901377

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1479
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2013

    Jess, I'm glad you took our request so seriously on the other thread about the backstage videos and such... and you left a little "how to" video for us on the new Tease by LH flogger http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33627 page. ;) The edited presentation video ends at 01:30 and then there's a big chunk (03:18 overall length) of video left behind from the close-up shots taken of Annabelle's presentation.

    Which has given me the chance to view and pause on some excellent close-ups of the tails on my 23 inch monitor and they do seem to be PVC (I really hate the term "faux leather") rather than leather. So mistery pretty much solved. Good night all!

    1445901967
    LeilaK [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1270
    • Joined: 4 Mar 2015

    era wrote:

    Review police on duty again, sorry. This one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33633&reviewid=127207#customer_reviews also speaks a lot about faux leather parts, including the wrist loop. :(

    I think I might apply for a job in LH's content team... LOL.

    I'm not trying to be mean, I loved reading all the other reviews, but if I were reading them to decide if I should or shouldn't buy, the material info would confuse me quite a lot.

    In fact, the lack of listing "leather" as a material on the bottom of the 4th page of the tag, but referring to it in the description led me to double check with customer care the materials used for making it. They confirmed it was leather, so it's just a listing oversight that should be corrected on future prints. :)

    Hi era, that was my review of the crop, as you have already mentioned, on the 4th page of the tag, the description says it's made of satin, nylon, and pvc. There was no mention of leather, and I did not think there was a smell of leather from it either, so I assumed it was faux leather.

    This was my first secret tester item, and I wanted to write my very best review. I'm still learning and in the future if I have any doubts I will check with Cazz.

    My and my OH had so much fun testing that little crop, it is amazing and we use it all the time. It was a pleasure to get the chance to test it!

    1445903180

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1479
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2013

    LeilaK wrote:

    era wrote:

    Review police on duty again, sorry. This one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33633&reviewid=127207#customer_reviews also speaks a lot about faux leather parts, including the wrist loop. :(

    I think I might apply for a job in LH's content team... LOL.

    I'm not trying to be mean, I loved reading all the other reviews, but if I were reading them to decide if I should or shouldn't buy, the material info would confuse me quite a lot.

    In fact, the lack of listing "leather" as a material on the bottom of the 4th page of the tag, but referring to it in the description led me to double check with customer care the materials used for making it. They confirmed it was leather, so it's just a listing oversight that should be corrected on future prints. :)

    Hi era, that was my review of the crop, as you have already mentioned, on the 4th page of the tag, the description says it's made of satin, nylon, and pvc. There was no mention of leather, and I did not think there was a smell of leather from it either, so I assumed it was faux leather.

    This was my first secret tester item, and I wanted to write my very best review. I'm still learning and in the future if I have any doubts I will check with Cazz.

    My and my OH had so much fun testing that little crop, it is amazing and we use it all the time. It was a pleasure to get the chance to test it!

    Hi Leila, you really don't need to justify yourself, I loved reading all the reviews today, yours included. The crop wasn't my first, but so far it was our best tester item too! I loved it, he loved it, I'm so happy that all 15 testers of the crop seem to have loved it, LOL! It's just a detail, I'm very detail oriented, that's why I noticed immediately the discrepancy on the tag, and the material used is always an important feature to me. :) I truly hope you didn't take it personally, as honestly it wasn't!

    1445906911
    LeilaK [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1270
    • Joined: 4 Mar 2015

    Hi era, it's cool I didn't take it personally, but I just wish I had checked it with Cazz :(

    I honestly though they might have edited it, because it annoyed me, as I don't want to confuse people when they are considering buying a product. It certainly won't happen again.

    I think my OH will get the crop out when he hears about this lol, I need taught a lesson ;)

    1445923633
    Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1120
    • Joined: 28 Mar 2014

    Very beautiful!!! xx

    1445963621
    Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2187
    • Joined: 30 Nov 2012

    era wrote:

    *selects tiny small print to whisper* Pssst, Jess, somebody from the content team copy/pasted the Key Features segment from another product (maybe the old version of the Tease Crop http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21802?) and didn't edit the overall length from 26 inches down to 19.25... All three coloured crops in the tease by LH range have the same "typo". *ends private whispering to Jess*

    Haha.... Whoops! 

    Somebody has now fixed that.... ;) 

    *whispers* Thank yooou! :P 

    1445964713
    Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2187
    • Joined: 30 Nov 2012

    era wrote:

    Jess, I'm glad you took our request so seriously on the other thread about the backstage videos and such... and you left a little "how to" video for us on the new Tease by LH flogger http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33627 page. ;) The edited presentation video ends at 01:30 and then there's a big chunk (03:18 overall length) of video left behind from the close-up shots taken of Annabelle's presentation.

    Which has given me the chance to view and pause on some excellent close-ups of the tails on my 23 inch monitor and they do seem to be PVC (I really hate the term "faux leather") rather than leather. So mistery pretty much solved. Good night all!

    Good Lord.... We ballsed this one up good and proper didn't we? 

    Thank you for being such an eagle eye era. 

    As for the faux leather / leather debate - I'm going to doa  full investigation. The fronds on the flogger I have smell like leather, but don't feel like it. I had hoped the only leather was on the crop, but it may well be on the flogger too. 

    I'll leave it listed as leather for the time being as I don't want anyone who doesn't agree with animal products to make a purchase and be offended that we've advertised it as being faux when it's in fact some form of animal hide. 

    I swear I'm going to have no hair left by the end of today.... :P 

    1445965100

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1479
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2013

    Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

    Good Lord.... We ballsed this one up good and proper didn't we?

    Thank you for being such an eagle eye era.

    I swear I'm going to have no hair left by the end of today.... :P

    I noticed just today that I'm a general now, so I have responsabilities! :)

    I'm sure there's a wig in the warehouse you could rock on your way home if needed! :)))

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.