• Royal Mail peeking inside parcels & Poor LH packaging.

Secretty [sign in to see picture]

I don't want to be "that guy" but, from the pictures, it does look packaged properly to me. Or, at least, it's been packaged the same way all the orders I've received have been. As Matt said, the parcels need to be secure but also openable by customers.

However, I think it looks like someone has opened it at the sorting office. That means it's more of a problem with royal mail than it is with Lovehoney. Maybe you should try lodging a complaint with them as well? I'm not sure if you'll be able to achieve much, but I think you should definitely let them know what happened.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

What about those parcels that are sent overseas? Surely customs would need to inspect them or randomly inspect them for security issues etc.

Rubber_Ducky [sign in to see picture]

Thanks everyone.

I have also been in touch with citizens advice as opening and tampering with peoples mail is a crime. I've sent a complaint to royal mail and am waiting on a reply.

To the folks saying that it appears to be packed correctly and that parcels need to be secure and openable by customers. I'm sure customers would rather have a couple more strips of selotape and their privacy protected. I like how others here had paper over the top and down the sides.

My order had selotape in the middle of the box one way. But the other way it was at the top of the top of the box instead of the middle. This made it easy for the flaps to be popped and people to see inside. If the tape had been in the middle both ways this would have prevented that an been more secure. But thanks for the input.

I'll be in touch soon Matt O. Cheers!

NEvans [sign in to see picture]

simplysexy wrote:

mysteron wrote:

What about those parcels that are sent overseas? Surely customs would need to inspect them or randomly inspect them for security issues etc.

Don't quote me, but I believe you have to state what you are sending on the customs declaration form? I've had a number of books come from Brazil recently, and they were sent as 'gifts'. I don't think they open your packages unless they suspect something foul.

They do sometimes do spot checks and open random parcels, so it could be opened at customs if a parcel is being sent overseas. They always re package the parcel and put a notcice on the parcel to let you know though.

X

Kirsty_x [sign in to see picture]

I have to agree - looks like someones had a peek after its left Lovehoney. I've always had paper on top of my order, perhaps you have too but its been pulled out by a nosey postie? I usually have the problem of not being able to get into my parcels without scissors, so id have to say its unlikely it's been an accident or a fault of LH!

truegrace [sign in to see picture]

Just to echo what most have said in the 50+ parcels I have received they have always been pristine, with paper covering everything inside from view even if the lid is fully lifted.

It is a bit of a pain, but toys are so common these days anyone that does care or give you a hard time about it just tell um where to go, if anything they are probably just jealous!

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

uggg, I am really sorry that happened! All of my packages from Lovehoney (except a small lingerie shipment) have been in the brown box. I live in the US, so I would dar say those boxes go throuhg A LOT by the time they get to me and I have never had one ripped or damaged like that. Also, I can't recall an order that did not have a plain paper foir packaging on top.

myghost [sign in to see picture]

That's awful Rubber Ducky i don't think lovehoney are to blame for packaging everything i get (except for some testers) comes wrapped in paper inside a box or jiffy bag it's always sealed correctly never tampered with. though i have had experiences with packages with expensive valuable stuff delivered by courier companies where the box is clearly ripped torn large hole in it crumpled up and someone has tried to look inside or or just chucked it around. royal mail are usually really good for not damaging the packing
    i think someone at your local sorting office saw LH on the box knew what they sold thought they'd try have a nosey at what you've been buying. you should complain to royal mail about this they shouldn't be opening anything adressed to you

[suspended user]

suspended user

Vanessa8 wrote:

I am really sorry that happened! All of my packages from Lovehoney (except a small lingerie shipment) have been in the brown box. I live in the US, so I would dar say those boxes go throuhg A LOT by the time they get to me and I have never had one ripped or damaged like that. Also, I can't recall an order that did not have a plain paper foir packaging on top.

+1

I live in an EU country and my orders reach me in about 7 days so they do some traveling around. In almost 70 orders in about a year and a half I never had an issue (other than maybe a delay of 1-2 days), boxes always taped in the middle (so I think taping it on top as you say might have been human error), always filled with paper on top of my order and tucked in on the sides, never have they arrived squashed or even dirty.

I had just one of my LH orders arrive in a brown envelope (3 knickers) and that time it did get lost, and when it finally arrived, I noticed instantly it had been opened by what I assumed was the customs, clearly resealed with black tape instead of the transparent LH uses, and 1 underwear out of the 3 was missing. I contacted Lovehoney and they were very prompt in sending me out the missing piece (without even requesting to see the photos of the envelope I got and offered to them as proof), and they have apologized even though I wasn’t blaming them.

I did not however get a note inside from anyone, so now NEvans made me doubt it was actually the customs that opened it and “accidentally lost” one of the items inside. I must add however that the local post in this country (it is in Western Europe) is my sworn enemy, as I hate everything they have to offer. I wouldn’t trust them with anything if I had a choice. And still, Lovehoney manages to master them too LOL!

Please don’t be put off by this one bad experience, I can assure you it really is the rare exception and not the norm over at LH’s. As most have said, even though I’m not that familiar with the Royal Mail, it does seem to me too like you need to blame some nosey person from your post office!

Rubber_Ducky [sign in to see picture]

By the sounds of things it looks like Royal Mail are taking this very seriously and are investigating. So somebody could become unemployed and facing criminal charges very soon.

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

Boogaloo wrote:

It seems more likely to me that the post office tampered with your package, as opposed to Lovehoney not packaging it correctly. It doesn't matter how well an item is packed, if someone really wants to get in to it, they can! :/

I understand you're embarrassed, it's only natural, but really sex toys are nothing to be ashamed of. Most of us have sex or sexual desires, I'm sure most people masturbate, so what if you're experimenting with toys to help you with that? I'm sure more people use sex toys than we think! Hold your head up high and don't worry what anyone else thinks, just enjoy your toys :) x

+1

who gives a ***** what people think?

darklightq [sign in to see picture]

Rubber_Ducky wrote:

By the sounds of things it looks like Royal Mail are taking this very seriously and are investigating. So somebody could become unemployed and facing criminal charges very soon.

That's good to hear as It certainly sounds like a problem with them rather than Loveoney.

I've had many a toy delivered from Lovehoney and in every one of them the packaging has been great, so if this kind of thing were to happen i'd blame royal mail more than Lovehoney although I would contact Lovehoney to see first.

Hopefully you get it sorted out with the Royal Mail and I do hope this wasn't a Lovehoney problem.

Oh and +2 to above, sexy toys are nothing to be embarressed about, sure you may not want many if any to know, but if they do find out there isn nothing wrong in having/ordering toys

Badger73 [sign in to see picture]

I would tend to think it's a nosy postie. When we lived in the UK if a parcel got damaged going through the sorting prosess royal mail used to put it in a clear bag with an appololgy letter and asking if you thought anything was missing.

Even now we are in New Zealand we still order of the UK site instead of the OZ site and we have never had any problems with our parcels (apart from the week wait to recieve them, LOL).

If customs do open to inspect it is normally resealed with marked customs tape and a letter saying why it was opened. (parcel from family and was just a random check).

Ink and Kink [sign in to see picture]

It's actually really funny you should post this. As a couple of my orders back, it looked like it had been cut with a Stanley knife on the shorter sides tape. But I didn't really think much of it. And that was the only time any of my parcels seemed to have looked tampered with.

Live chat have always been helpful for me. But I didn't see an issue enough to complain.

Just looked at the picture, and it looks like it probably got damaged in transit. Or whatever. Not saying nobody did take a peek but lovehoney have always been reliable. So I highly doubt it is on their end.

Anddddd I just read some more posts on here. Mine actually haven't ever been sealed with just sellotape (it's always like a masking tape but stronger?) nor have they never not had brown paper over my products....

[suspended user]

suspended user

They're always covered with paper, I've only had a few, it's enough to express my experience's/opinion. Sounds like you're absolutely gunning for royal mail! I'd be pretty annoyed in all honesty. I do agree it's not something we should be ashamed of.
    But it's a bit of a nightmare when my mum in-law works in the post office lol! So I hope that I never experience ought like that. It's inevitable some parcels will be damaged in transit, or by nosy parkers though!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.