• 10 Questions for Lovehoney Staff...

Lovehoney - Jessica [sign in to see picture]

1) How long have you worked for Lovehoney?

Since the 7th of January to be precise!

2) How did it feel being interviewed for a job where the main aim is to help people have orgasms?

Truthfully, I didn't think about it that way-I considered it an opportunity to be a big kid surrounded by toys again!

3) If sex toys didn't exist what line of work would you be in?

Something arty..

4) If you could live absolutely anywhere in the world where would you choose?

Somewhere with lush green pastures, acerage, plenty of farm animals..Home is a place in my heart.

5) If you won £1million what would be the first three things you'd spend it on or invest it in?

Property-to live in, and to rent out..who doesn't want a passive income?

A round the world trip for myself and OH.

I could really use a much better car to be honest!

6) What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? (Not sexually!)

Jumped out of a plane, and performed stand up.

7) What do you do on your days off?

Painting, drawing, tending to my animals-in the warmer months I'll be doing more motorbike riding!

8) If you were an animal what would you be and why?

I love birds.

More than likely a swan. Strong, elegant, and fiercely protective of their mate and their young. I like their unique call. Such gorgeous creatures-and what kid doesn't mind hitching a ride on their parent's back?

9) If you were given the job of conjuring up a new slogan for Lovehoney, what would it be?

"Things for your thing!"

10) If you had to be stuck in a lift for an hour with one other member of the Lovehoney team, who would you choose?

Mollie-she's funny, and a wonderfully warm personality you can have a variety of conversations with.

Lovehoney - Armel [sign in to see picture]

1) How long have you worked for Lovehoney? Since November 2014

2) How did it feel being interviewed for a job where the main aim is to help people have orgasms? I don't know what I was expecting but it just turned out to be like most other interviews I've had, just quite a bit more laid back!

3) If sex toys didn't exist what line of work would you be in? I would be selling insurance as I had a job offer from an insurance company at the same time as I had one from Lovehoney.

4) If you could live absolutely anywhere in the world where would you choose? I would live somewhere cold as I can't stand heat. Norway and Sweden come to mind but Canada will always be my number 1 pick!

5) If you won £1million what would be the first three things you'd spend it on or invest it in? First would be a trip around the world, flying in business class. Next would be paying off my parents mortgage and the rest I would invest/buy land.

6) What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? (Not sexually!) I quit college, quit my job and came to Australia on a one-way ticket. Left for Australia about a year ago and I haven't regretted it since.

7) What do you do on your days off? Eat super tasty food, watch Netflix and play video games.

8) If you were an animal what would you be and why? Probably a bear. I am the prince of bears after all!

9) If you were given the job of conjuring up a new slogan for Lovehoney, what would it be? We take pleasure in pleasure!

10) If you had to be stuck in a lift for an hour with one other member of the Lovehoney team, who would you choose? Any of the Lovehoney team would be great fun, especially the Australian office but if I had to chose, it would probably be a tie between Mollie and Jessica (this one: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/lovehoney-jessica/)

Mollie1 [sign in to see picture]

I love this.

If any Lovehoney staff fancy taking part, here is a fun quiz for you!

1) How long have you worked for Lovehoney? Since September 2013

2) How did it feel being interviewed for a job where the main aim is to help people have orgasms? Exciting and Scary. I have always wanted to work for a sex toy company, so I wasn't to bothered.

I was also given a sandwich and a coffee, so that was great. We are feeders in Australia (See Lovehoney - Paige's answer)

3) If sex toys didn't exist what line of work would you be in? A boring customer service job or a Pastry Chef.

4) If you could live absolutely anywhere in the world where would you choose? London 4eva <3. Silly Australian citizenship. (Or Holland, have you tried the water? It is the best in the world and it runs from the tap!!!)

5) If you won £1million what would be the first three things you'd spend it on or invest it in? I would invest it like Lovehoney - Jess, I would also attempt to buy UK citizenship. You can do that right?!

Moved half way across the world straight out of high school. At the time I just wanted to get away, but now that I think of it, it was kind of badass.

7) What do you do on your days off? Hang with my dog Mojo, he is a great guy. We go to dog parks, watch netflix or bake. Really if it makes him happy, it makes me happy <3

8) If you were an animal what would you be and why? I want to say a sea lion. They are the dogs of the sea right?! It would be the best you could be a dog but never get hot or sweaty. Sounds good to me.

9) If you were given the job of conjuring up a new slogan for Lovehoney, what would it be? Our unofficial slogan in the Australian office is "Every hole's a goal" So I would go with that.

10) If you had to be stuck in a lift for an hour with one other member of the Lovehoney team, who would you choose? Jess M - We love to have chats and I would probably force her to practise her stand up for me. Also Mojo and I are pretty much one person, so he would probably be there too.

Lovehoney - Dani [sign in to see picture]

Four months now, come the 18th June. It feels like longer, but in a good way! This is my home away from home.

2) How did it feel being interviewed for a job where the main aim is to help people have orgasms?

Satisfying and interesting! Having been a bra fitter for a long time I’m used to an intimate sort of side to customer service, which is what attracted me to the role in the first place. It’s rewarding to give people back their confidence in their own skin and sex toys can be just like that too. The interviews were casual but it was a lengthy process, and as a result we have a really close-knit team here who work well together and are professional and dedicated in what they do.

Lingerie retail, or running a support network for sexually frustrated individuals. A world with no sex toys? The horror!

While I wouldn’t mind travelling every now and then, my heart is in South East Queensland. Brisbane, Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast Hinterland for sure. After living on acreage for almost a year I don’t think I could bear to have neighbours again, though!

5) If you won £1million what would be the first three things you'd spend it on or invest it in?

Paying off my debt, paying off my mum’s debt, and buying and renovating the house I’m living in.

Legal answer: I went skydiving once, I’ve been kayaking on the Brisbane River even though I can’t swim (like, at all) a few helicopter flights… I can’t remember anything too out-there. That stuff doesn’t really register in my memory - adventure for me is more about the mental stuff, pushing past my emotional comfort zones more than physical. Becoming a defacto stepmother to three kids would be the most rewarding and eye-opening of those. I guess I’m not a very adventurous person?

I’d gladly do more crazy stuff given the opportunity - although I will eat basically any bizarre food I’m presented with, even if it’s unrecognisable. Trying new things makes life fun and I’m crazy about food.

I’d love to still be able to say that I read deep and meaningful books that speak to me, drink wine at home and play Suzy Homemaker but I’m terrible at it. I sleep a lot, cook if I’m feeling inspired. Catch up with friends for long liquid lunches if I’m in the city (waterfront restaurants or dingy cocktail bars preferred), spend a lot of time on Twitter and Something Awful.

A confused sloth. Did you know sloths sometimes grab their own arm thinking it is a tree branch, and plunge to their death as a result? They are so slow that moss grows on them. So I’d be a sloth because I love sleeping but I need to slow my mind down and just chill the heck out.

9) If you were given the job of conjuring up a new slogan for Lovehoney, what would it be?

For your pleasure, at your service.

10) If you had to be stuck in a lift for an hour with one other member of the Lovehoney team, who would you choose?

I can’t choose. Perhaps a complete stranger from the UK office, that way it’d be like meeting a long-lost family member!

lj101 [sign in to see picture]

What a great thread. Very well thought out questions which show individual personally in their answers.
    Makes me wish I was working for lovehoney!!!

Lovehoney - Sian [sign in to see picture]

If any Lovehoney staff fancy taking part, here is a fun quiz for you!

6 weeks!

No different to any other interview, although an eye opener walking into an office with pictures of sex toys on the walls and the staff looking at dildos on their computer screens - most jobs that would get you the sack!

I previously worked in the greeting card and gift industry, that was good fun. If you cant work with sex toys then second best was working with products that joke about sex

I'm quite happy in Bath, is that really sad?! Alternatively, somewhere nice in America, home from home but with better weather :-)

Pay off my mortgage, help out family financially, get an extention done on my house!

I dont think I've done anything particularly adventurous - given birth but thats about as outragious as it goes....I would try a lot though, would be up for a sky dive definately!

Take my daugher swimming and to toddler groups and walk my dog

A cat. They sleep a lot, wander the streets, have a cuddle when the want...the world is their oyster!

I think the current one says it all...!

I am still fairly new and dont know many people well, so anybody so I can get to know them better :-) Perhaps a designer as it fascinates me!

Lovehoney - WelshDave [sign in to see picture]
    I have thought of a new slogan! a bit slow but worth the wait..
    "We are the wood preservation society"
    Is it too late to add that to my questionnaire?
    Jessa1 [sign in to see picture]

Not long! Only since 2nd February this year.

The interview process was actually really fun! We played a version of celebrity heads but of course we were different types of sex toys. I was an anal dildo! All of my friends were like "OF COURSE you're in a job like that, how perfect for you!"

I did a degree in Criminology, so probably some sort of work in that field - sadly it's nothing like CSI - that's a Forensic Science degree! So maybe a police officer, or most likely still in academics finishing off Honours or writing papers and all that boring rubbish.

I have a soft spot for the UK - luckily being a UK citizen as well as Aussie, I can come back anytime! Alternatively I'd live in the Greek Islands.

I always say that I want to buy a huge property and take in all the rescue Staffies and save them from the pound. So I'd do that, buy a huge house and also a rental property - agree with Jess M, passive income yes please!

Sky diving, bungee jumping, moved from a tiny town to Sydney the day after I finished my Year 12 exams at 17 years old, aaaaaand I go travelling solo quite often - I've been to Egypt, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Greece and Turkey by myself. There's something really liberating about travelling alone, it really forces you out of your comfort zone.

I hit the gym, hang out with my housemate and her kids, watch Netflix, eat food, read books, and every few days I drive an hour and a half to go visit my babies (two staffies) who live with my ex partner - he got the dogs in the break-up! :(

Probably a Staffy. I get accused of having "resting bitch face" (google it, it's a thing), so much like Staffies, people think I'm angry and dangerous but I'm really just a big dumb friendly idiot, hahahaha

Our unoffical team slogan in the Aus office is "Any Hole's a Goal" and I reckon this is pretty good!

Probably Mojo, Mollie's dog. He's such a dude. Oh and Crumpler.....

Nah, really it would be Mollie. It's impossible to be sad or keep a straight face around her so no doubt she'd make the time pass really quickly!

Lovehoney - Jennifer [sign in to see picture]

7 months.

Awesome! Lovehoney had been my aim for some time so I was very excited and nervous to be at HQ. It was very professional though. I was just very self conscious about accidentally blurting out innuendos.

Law. Probably either commercial property or tax… So quite different!

Wherever my family is, so Bristol! Bath isn’t far, but I am a homebird at heart.

Book tickets for the NYE Vienna ball and Strauss New Years Day concert. I would LOVE to go, but it is so pricey! Then invest the rest and spend the interest on a Leonberger and a big house to store it in.

Told my mum about my tattoo. It may not be the most adventurous, but it was certainly the scariest!

I enjoy going to music and comedy gigs, pub quizzes with friends and board games evenings at mine too.

Like Jessa, I too have been accused of having a particular type of resting face… Mine, apparently, is a “scared” resting face. This has seriously made me reconsider how I shape my eyebrows! So, probably a slow loris or something with an equally petrified look across its face!

Always going the extra inch.

We are very lucky to have a lovely bunch of people here! Someone from a department I don’t work with as much would be good so I can get to know them better.

Lovehoney - Jasmin [sign in to see picture]

1) How long have you worked for Lovehoney? Just over 3.5 years

2) How did it feel being interviewed for a job where the main aim is to help people have orgasms? Empowering and exciting, I had been hounding Matt for about a year for a job in customer care, Now I've got one I don't think I will ever leave!!!

3) If sex toys didn't exist what line of work would you be in? Probably still customer service of some description, as I was before.

4) If you could live absolutely anywhere in the world where would you choose? Well Seeing as Lovehoney shipped me off to work in the Aussie customer service office i think I'm already there :-)

5) If you won £1million what would be the first three things you'd spend it on or invest it in? A house for me and a holiday for me and my immediate family, it would probably all be gone by then!!!

6) What's the most adventurous thing you've ever done? (Not sexually!) Lived in a tree house in the Jungle in Thailand for three months or throwing myself off a ledge across the rainforest canopy in Cairns.

7) What do you do on your days off? Sunbathe and go shopping.

8) If you were an animal what would you be and why? A cat because they are mysterious and sexy creatures!

9) If you were given the job of conjuring up a new slogan for Lovehoney, what would it be? Lovehoney -Taking over the world one sex toy at a time.

10) If you had to be stuck in a lift for an hour with one other member of the Lovehoney team, who would you choose? Lisa Cullinan from filming becuse she is a nutter just like me and we could make each other laugh hysterically until we were rescued!

Lovehoney - Katy [sign in to see picture]

About 7 months - started out on returns but now in customer care!

They greeted me in giant willy costumes and let off penis poppers over my head as I walked through the door. Then they hooked me up to a machine and shouted different words like "JESSICA RABBIT" and "KING COCK" at me to see how I would react. Then came the dildo test, where they strap someone to a target and spin them round and you have to see how many suction cups you can throw at them and stick them to the board - I got the highest score ever of 462 in 2 minutes.

Needless to say it was a pretty standard interview.

Probably politics - my dream job would be Prime Minister...

Somewhere in the English countryside - I've lived in France before once in the Alps and another time nearer Bordeaux but I missed my home comforts too much! I love to travel but nothing beats home

A studio flat in Bath and then I'd have no money left because IT'S SO EXPENSIVE TO LIVE HERE.....*ahem*

A nice house, a really sexy gaming PC and a pig

I once stood in a General Election - that's pretty adventurous. I also once skiied into a tree (by mistake), not the trunk mind you, I went over a jump and landed IN THE BRANCHES. There's a photo somewhere...

Read..A LOT, play video games, bake cakes or go to the gym.

I would be a pig because everyone knows that pigs are the best.

"Your order number is not your tracking number"

Probably Claire from Customer Care because we'd just spend the whole time quoting Ru Paul's Drag Race at each other as well as obscure references to Nathan Barley.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Oh yay! I love this thread!

Let's bring it back!

[suspended user]

suspended user

Love it that this got bumped! :)

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

"Your order number is not your tracking number"

bahahaha XD

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Aw Katy - I miss you and your laugh in CC! 

Love the slogan haha 

Lovehoney - Katy [sign in to see picture]

I'm still looking through the forum trying to get the hang of it and I found this wonderful post!

I love answering questions like this - I'm going to get everyone in the office to fill it out

I'm quite surprised you can't hear my laugh from across the road, it has reached Brian Blessed levels of loud now. xD

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

I love this thread! Being interviewed by Lovehoney sounds like so much fun

Lilmisshottie [sign in to see picture]

This thread makes me want to work for lovehoney, do you think you could use my nursing degree? 😉

VR [sign in to see picture]

Loving this thread - great insights, bit like watching the series (I caught number 5 of 6 this week. Is this a different series? I thought it only went to 4 and I was gutted I missed the first).

Don't know about the Sexual Satisfaction People, it's more like the Job Satisfaction People! Will we see a sticker on your front door saying you're in the top 50 best companies to work for, I wonder

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

I enjoy threads like this .It gives us chance to get to know you better.

Perhaps you can get the 2 bosses to complete it as well ?

Would luv to meet some of you guys face to face one day.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.