• Exciting News - Oh! Points Loyalty Scheme....

Lovehoney - Sarah [sign in to see picture]

If you access your account through the EU website, you will see that the points for your order have automatically been transferred and credited to your account. 

With the way the new scheme works, your Oh! Points are available to spend immediately, so you can use these in part payment for your orders.

Hope this helps, but feel free to get in touch with us in Customer Care via chat, phone or email.

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

sexytime87 wrote:

Boogaloo wrote:

sexytime87 wrote:

Wow 1000 Oh points are now only valued at £2 in this new scheme =( where as on the old scheme I could spend 800 points and get an item worth £4.99

Seriously?! So they've halved in value! D: On the old scheme I had saved up £30 worth of points, now it's only £15 :/

Unfortunately yeah they have now halved the value of the points which is very disappointing

And stopped rewarding points for sending items to Rabbit Amnesty

Lovehoney - Sarah [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Sarah wrote:

If you access your account through the EU website, you will see that the points for your order have automatically been transferred and credited to your account. 

With the way the new scheme works, your Oh! Points are available to spend immediately, so you can use these in part payment for your orders.

Hope this helps, but feel free to get in touch with us in Customer Care via chat, phone or email.

Sorry this was directed at Era! 

Foxxy [sign in to see picture]

Nope, still don't like it lol

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

sexytime87 wrote:

Boogaloo wrote:

sexytime87 wrote:

Wow 1000 Oh points are now only valued at £2 in this new scheme =( where as on the old scheme I could spend 800 points and get an item worth £4.99

Seriously?! So they've halved in value! D: On the old scheme I had saved up £30 worth of points, now it's only £15 :/

Unfortunately yeah they have now halved the value of the points which is very disappointing

That sucks! I never spent any of my oh points because i was hoarding them until i could get a decent freebie. I was glad when they said that we could use oh points as partial payment because tbh i would never be able to save enough for a luxury toy, so being able to get a decent chunk off of the price was appealing.

Now theyve effectively halved though it wont be a factor in deciding whether i splurge out on a luxury toy, because its just not worth it.

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Wow, half of the old value stings a bit. Not that I had that much saved up and by the time the announcement was made there wasn't anything at my level I needed.

I would guess the recycling program is costing more money to Lovehoney than people may realize, so it may not make fiscal sense to turn around a pay points on top of everything else.

Secretty [sign in to see picture]

FYI, it doesn't even look like it's half. I have 6.5k points which were worth just over £30 on the old system. Testing them on an order, 6.5k is £13. That really does hurt. >.> If you want to have a decent price off a decent item, you're going to have to spend a lot more than you would have on the old system.

Honestly, you may as well just wait for Lovehoney to do offers. I got a 25% off email last night and the savings on that were more than I would have saved using ALL my points. IMO OH points are pretty useless now. :(

EDIT: 500 Oh points are £1. Wow...

PurpleHeart [sign in to see picture]

Secretty wrote:

FYI, it doesn't even look like it's half. I have 6.5k points which were worth just over £30 on the old system. Testing them on an order, 6.5k is £13. That really does hurt. >.> If you want to have a decent price off a decent item, you're going to have to spend a lot more than you would have on the old system.

Honestly, you may as well just wait for Lovehoney to do offers. I got a 25% off email last night and the savings on that were more than I would have saved using ALL my points. IMO OH points are pretty useless now. :(

EDIT: 500 Oh points are £1. Wow...

I am pretty much at the same saved points. Very disappointed with how it's turned out :(.
    Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

500=£1? Seriously? Just...ouch. And the whole 12 month expiry thing? Officially lost 'exciting news' status, this thread should be ammended to 'disappointing news' :/

Lovebirds_x wrote:

500=£1? Seriously? Just...ouch. And the whole 12 month expiry thing? Officially lost 'exciting news' status, this thread should be ammended to 'disappointing news' :/

Exactly! I don't know how we're still expected to believe that this is a 'good thing' for us, it just means we have to spend even more money than before with even less in return. Lovehoney are a business after all though, so I guess I should have seen this one coming :/

And what about this post that was made earlier on?

Think of it this way; You could have $500 sat in your pocket, but if you're in the UK, its worthless. However £250, although "worth" less, is much more spendable. That's effectively what we're doing with Oh! Points. The technical "value" may reduce, but your ability to spend them will be so much more. (Please note, this is not the actual precentage they're being reduced by, this is just an example!) 

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Lovebirds_x wrote:

+1 you hit the nail on the head.

Boogaloo wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Exactly! I don't know how we're still expected to believe that this is a 'good thing' for us, it just means we have to spend even more money than before with even less in return. Lovehoney are a business after all though, so I guess I should have seen this one coming :/

Yup. I guess if you want to be technical it is a good thing as we can obviously spend them freely (if you count lumps of 250 as 'freely'). Just as long as we don't mind them being basically worthless. Which is definitely a bad thing. A bad thing that, sorry, kinda outweighs the good thing from a customers point of view. But sure. 'good thing'.

:/

Secretty [sign in to see picture]

Just to put this into perspective. People have been saying you can use your Oh points to pay for postage (as now you must spend £20 to get it for free). Postage is £2.50. 250 Oh points = 50p. 1250 Oh points = £2.50. That means you have to spend £125 on Lovehoney to be able to pay for your postage.

In the old system, £2.50 would have cost you 500 Oh points.

EDIT: Lovehoney's saving grace at the moment is their fantastic customer service and their sex toy testing idea. That's what makes them stand out as a company. It doesn't forgive this scheme, but I feel I should point out that there's still good stuff as I've been quite critical in this thread.

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

Secretty wrote:

Just to put this into perspective. People have been saying you can use your Oh points to pay for postage (as now you must spend £20 to get it for free). Postage is £2.50. 250 Oh points = 50p. 1250 Oh points = £2.50. That means you have to spend £125 on Lovehoney to be able to pay for your postage.

In the old system, £2.50 would have cost you 500 Oh points.

:O i was just going to post asking if anyone knew how much you would have to spend to earn free delivery!

i really cant see why this has changed. im sure someone from lovehoney mentioned a while back that the vast majority of oh points to date hadnt been spent, and only a small percentage of people were using their oh points. so they cant have been losing *that* much money if most oh points went unredeemed.

this change was supposed to encourage people to use their points more, but by reducing it so much it doesnt seem worth it. i dare say most people will just carry on as they are and just ignore the oh points since they dont amount to much anymore.

JM88 wrote:

this change was supposed to encourage people to use their points more, but by reducing it so much it doesnt seem worth it. i dare say most people will just carry on as they are and just ignore the oh points since they dont amount to much anymore.

Perhaps that was the idea! :p Nobody spending points = less cost.

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

Wow...
    You just can't please anyone anymore.

Maybe Lovehoney should just scrap the points all together.

/sarcasm.

TangledLover [sign in to see picture]

I can see it from both sides the Love Honey Oh points system was a good deal, and you could get a lot out of it. It seems to me that LH have taken a business decision and now made Oh points in line with other loyalty schemes. We still get that little bonus back!

Where it does seem unfair is where people were saving and then with a short notice were told sorry your points are now told you have points that are worth half their original value. From what I saw Love Honey did honour the points for a short time, but I guess you have to have a cutoff point when you change a system

I'm interested to see if this allows Love Honey to offer more competitions or sales using Oh points

Did some math around a few of the other loyalty cards I use, if anyone is interested. I'm trying to convince myself this isn't as bad as it seems in all honesty lol. This is what I worked it out to boil down to:

Lovehoney: spend £100, get £2 back (1000 points)

Tesco: spend £100, get £1 back (100 points)

Eason+Waterstones: spend £100, get £3 back (300 points)

Sainsburys/nectar: spend £100, get N/A (100 points, but you need 500 points to get £2.50 back)

So yes, I agree there's nothing outrageously wrong with the current scheme, it's more than that it was too good to be true before and we were all spoiled by it. So yes, definitely feels like a let down by comparison despite the fact that on paper it's not any worse than anywhere else. But at the same time. It took me a good 6/7 years to get just one free book from Waterstones with my loyalty points. THAT is what makes me less than excited about oh!points anymore. They may be in line with other schemes, but I personally find them all pretty worthless. Forgettable. Rewards worth talking about are very few and far between. Sure you scan your cards, but do you care? Yes it's better earning the small ammounts than getting nothing back, but it doesn't make it feel like you're being rewarded in any real way.

**UNTIL**

The schemes do their double up offers and such. Or earn triple points, or whatever. These were hinted at earlier in the thread and so hopefully they'll become a thing. I love the once a year Tesco clubcard boost around Christmas time because it means I can usually get my son an extra present free. I hate Waterstones and their ineffible lack of these offers. If Lovehoney did some sort of once a year boost like that, it could be awesome. If they started giving ways to earn extra points on purchases, that could be awesome. If they do nothing, well. It's as good as any other loyalty scheme.

*shrugs* guess I'm still in the 'wait and see' box overall.

NEvans [sign in to see picture]

I have just noticed that you do not earn points for rabbit amesty! Will they be introducing some kind of insentive to recycle toys? If not i do not see the point in the programme especially when you have to pay to post the items. I would rather put them out with normal rubbish. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/rabbitamnesty

X

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

NEvans wrote:

I have just noticed that you do not earn points for rabbit amesty! Will they be introducing some kind of insentive to recycle toys? If not i do not see the point in the programme especially when you have to pay to post the items. I would rather put them out with normal rubbish. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/rabbitamnesty

X

If you have a look at the top you'll see it's only 'suspended' ^_^

We just couldn't do everything all at once. So far, this is only phase one of the improvements.... phase two will be implemented ASAP and that *should* cover recycling too! 

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.