• Exciting News - Oh! Points Loyalty Scheme....

MysticalMayhem [sign in to see picture]

My question looks a bit stupid now. It's bloody obvious. Doh! *facepalm*

LittleSwitchBitch [sign in to see picture]

Oooh I must admit I'm getting quite excited over it... Sounds like it's gonna have big benefits x

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

LittleSwitchBitch wrote:

Oooh I must admit I'm getting quite excited over it... Sounds like it's gonna have big benefits x

+1 xx

Briona87 [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Steve wrote:

But we wouldn't just reward new people - I think we'd look at milestones.

However, we wouldn't be able to reward people who've already posted 10,000 times with loads of points because the Financial Director will sack us all!

This is intriguing but I can imagine it must be creepy to organize it...

Let's say a forum member gets a reward when they write their 500th post. The next day, however, they log in to find out their posts have gone down to, say 435, due to the forum maintenance. Would they still keep their bonus Oh!Points, or would these be deducted until they reach 500 once again? (In theory, a naughty - and not in a good way - comp programme could even automatically reward points each time they reach 500 - with clean-ups of old threads, someone could easily hit this mark more than once.) I guess the only sensible solution is to ensure each forum member gets the reward points only the first time they reached the milestone (and keeps them even during the forum clean-ups). A tad complicated but I imagine there could be a program to ensure it works just fine.

The worse problem, however, could be - to put it politely - greedy and rather... unscrupulous people. Some people might just flood the forum with one word posts (in slightly "better" case they would frantically reply to prompts in simple game threads, the worst scenario could see them posting random words/letters in any thread) to hoard reward points. And worse thing still would be those who would even set up multiple accounts and post away (again, just a few letters per post, and either no regular chat whatsoever, or perhaps one "sensiblish" post per 100 to keep up appearances) like mad.

Yeah, you have to set up an account with your own address but I imagine some people would be quite capable to misuse, say, addresses and names of their friends or family members. I suppose that "checking" the IP address might help but, on the other hand, it could also cause troubles (I am sure some great and honest customers, either couples or members of the same household, are likely to share the IP address). And I am not even mentioning the potential problem with people who will write very "minimalistic" (hem hem) and not very helpful reviews. I guess that once you launch the new Oh!Points system, you will have to look for several new forum moderators and review coordinators.

And that is only the tip of the iceberg, some people who smell an opportunity to get loads of stuff for free can often pull off even pretty complex scams...

While the new Oh!Points scheme sounds wonderful for the good and reasonably honest customers, I would be really worried about the throng of greedy and... not particularly honest ones...

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

If brionas right and you do need to hire more people to moderate *hint hint* i am hireable

Im only half joking.

fairehlights [sign in to see picture]

JM88 wrote:

If brionas right and you do need to hire more people to moderate *hint hint* i am hireable

Im only half joking.

I second.
    I will proof read posts remotely for points alone. Idk who proof reads currently, but we've all commented on the speight of mispellings and grammar errors that appear in reviews once they're published :P

But yeah, this biz sounds like it could be fun.
    We've been asking for part payment forever, so!

I wanna ask, how will postage work with point-only purchases?

SourAppleMartini [sign in to see picture]

So the existing points are practically worthless now? I was planning to buy some Sliquid lube, but apparently this is no longer possible. I wish you would provide a longer notice before introducing such drastic changes =((((

SourAppleMartini wrote:

So the existing points are practically worthless now? I was planning to buy some Sliquid lube, but apparently this is no longer possible. I wish you would provide a longer notice before introducing such drastic changes =((((

Nobody has said that, just that things will change. At the minute nobody knows how much but they certainly wont be worthless otherwise they would be just as well to scrap the whole thing!

Secretty [sign in to see picture]

The Oh Points for forum posts seems like a really bad idea to me.

No offence to anyone, but the majority of this forum is games. I only ever really post in the advice threads to help people who need anything, or in the sex toy testers thread and don't bother with the games. I've done a few since I joined, but am pretty much done posting in them. However, quite often I will come on and see the front page chock a block with game threads and the same person as the "latest posts" in all of them.

So people who just spam the game threads are going to get more rewards than me? Huh? That is quite simply not fair. What are they adding to the forums with these games that I'm not adding with my posts in the advice threads? What about when the question is "Has anyone tried -insert topic-" and someone simply replies with "No". Why should they get rewarded for that?

I don't think it's a good idea. It'll get abused badly and people like me who are quite particular about where and what they post are going to get punished for it.

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

I can understand what you're saying Secretty, I don't really bother with the forum games either and prefer to respond to conversation/advice threads, however if points were awarded based on what you actually post then it would require a lot of work hours and manpower to sift through all the members contributions and determine what's 'worthy' and what's not. Plus it's entirely subjective anyway, the fairest way probably is to give rewards for post numbers not content.

Im a member of another forum that has a "chat" subsection, where all the games and random things are posted. When you post in that subforum, posts dont count towards your post count.

maybe this forum could work on a similar basis, whereby posts on game threads dont actually register on your post count, so those who just do games wouldnt benefit from the extra posts?

i dont mean any disrespect to those who play the games, as it does keep the forum alive but i can see the issues with people being rewarding for single one word posts and others missing out.

I agree JM88. If people want to play the games here, that's fine. But there are soooo many games posts and its soooo easy to spam them, rewarding people for them just makes no sense.

Boogaloo, I know that choosing what content should get rewarded would be difficult, which is why my point is DONT reward ANY. I don't see why people should be rewarded for posting in the forums anyway for reasons already said in this thread.

We want people to come to the forums because they want to. Not to try and get something for free. I first came to the forums because I had used Lovehoney a few times and was curious about the community. We don't want people here that are only posting for the sake of wracking up points.

I would just drop the idea of rewarding people for forum posts and rethink things. Maybe have community events on the forums where people who participate can earn rewards? Kind of like the review of the month/model of the month, but on a smaller scale. Just silly little things like caption competitions or some drawing competitions where the winner would get a few points. If they want to pull people into the forums, doing community based events like that would make a lot more sense than just throwing oh points at people who post a lot.

Secretty has a good point! There was a caption competition a while ago but i think its probably a lot to keep putting images up.

one idea i had from reading secrettys post, is how about in addition to motm and rotm, have a photo of the month, where people submit a photo of a toy or item they have purchased from lovehoney, with the winning one being creative, or funny, or just a good all round picture? You could award just points for it?

I like that idea JM88! As I'd love to enter MOTM but I don't think my plus size figure is good enough, and I'm not sure if my OH would be comfortable with it, but if there was a competition for other photos that would be great. Showcasing toys or bondage items creatively etc :)

Yeah, that's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking. If they want more people on the forums, make it so that you have to be active on the forums to enter these things, like caption competitions or JM88's suggestion. It'll be a lot more fun and a lot more acceptable to award oh points to the winners of those.

I remember there was a thread a while ago about unconventional uses for sex toys. Someone used one as a doorstop, another used a suction cup dildo as a coat peg. Could have a picture competition along those lines with the winner being the funniest/most ingeneuous use of sex toys in a non sexual way.

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

If you decide to reward points based on number of reviews I hope they all end up meeting your standards of being thorough and not done in a rush. I write the reviews because I love sharing feedback and truly enjoy the review process. That is what attracted me to be a customer of Lovehoney and become engaged with the community. I also like being "in the mix" to be a tester and consider that reward enough. Don't get me wrong I would love points if you decide to reward them for reviews but hope that exisiting reviews are counted in some way vs. only net new.

Secondly, I enjoy being part of the foumns but if there are points asociated with things on here I would add focus that on the MOTM, the best reviews of the month, etc. vs. number of posts people make on here so that this foumn remains quality vs. quanitty of posts.

Finally, here are a few ideas of ways I think it would be cool for Lovehoney to reward points if you are taking suggestions related to foumns:

1. forumn members can nominate a fellow member to be awarded points based on forumn partcipation such as "most helpful" or "best advice this month", "this person made me laugh", "best new thread" or just "wanting to do something nice for somone" this could be a nice hybrid to gifting someone?

2. more monthly games or contests that involved points as rewards such as a photo captain contest, ideas for certain topics or simply fun topics such as some other people have mentioned.

3. reward lower / nominal points for everyone completing Lovehoney surveys or reward a larger number of people a mediumn amount.

Thanks for listing to your customers and being a great company to buy from.

Those are really good suggestions Vanessa! :D

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

PokingFun wrote:

Ooooorrrrrr..... Don't change it. Simple! :P

Think its all a bit too far gone now haha :) there will be many changes... theyve committed now by posting so much on all this. Personally I love the idea of using points as money on anything :) anything else is a bonus haha Though a thought... could we use oh points to pay for postage instead? I dont mind paying for toys but would rather effectively get free postage by paying with not my actual money haha
    shylo [sign in to see picture]

I recently ordered stuff but don't see my oh points have they suspended oh points on new orders till the launch?

Lovehoney - Steve [sign in to see picture]

Hi shylo,

All points earned in between the end of the old and new programme will be available as soon as we launch next week.

Not sure quite when the tech lever will be pulled - hopefully before end of Wednesday.

Also, all new points earned from then will be added to your account when the order is dispatched - you won't have to wait 28 days - hurray!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.