• Exciting News - Oh! Points Loyalty Scheme....

Skitty [sign in to see picture]

The new scheme sounds good for being more spendable. I've ended up saving points with no real idea what I want, so hopefully the new scheme will work better. I just hope that the points retain quite a bit of their value - I was so proud to win runner up in MOTM and now I'm kind of like "will that be worth anything any more when they switch over...?" ;) Will there still be point giveaways for competitions after the changeroo? If so, I'm wondering if the prize points will be bigger or the same and just not worth as much.

Anyway, mostly yay for being able to spend them on offers and with discounts and whatnot :)

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Skitty wrote:

The new scheme sounds good for being more spendable. I've ended up saving points with no real idea what I want, so hopefully the new scheme will work better. I just hope that the points retain quite a bit of their value - I was so proud to win runner up in MOTM and now I'm kind of like "will that be worth anything any more when they switch over...?" ;) Will there still be point giveaways for competitions after the changeroo? If so, I'm wondering if the prize points will be bigger or the same and just not worth as much.

Anyway, mostly yay for being able to spend them on offers and with discounts and whatnot :)

We're still discussing the final plans for prizes, promotions, recycling and the like. There will be something in place, but what exactly, we're not sure yet. We will keep you in the loop! 

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Just Jenson wrote:

Will we still earn points with the amnesty scheme?

Good question - I shall put it forward to "the powers at be"! :)

Thanks JJ

I'd like to know this as well, and if we'll still get as many points. I have a few items I'm considering recycling, if you do find out can you let me know if it's best to send them off now or if it's still okay to wait?

Boogaloo wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Just Jenson wrote:

Will we still earn points with the amnesty scheme?

Good question - I shall put it forward to "the powers at be"! :)

Thanks JJ

I'd like to know this as well, and if we'll still get as many points. I have a few items I'm considering recycling, if you do find out can you let me know if it's best to send them off now or if it's still okay to wait?

After a quick chat here in the office we've come to the conclusion that if you have toys you want to recycle, you should send them ASAP (to be here within the next 2 weeks) in order to earn points on your account.

As we don't know what the overall plans are for Rabbit Amnesty and the new Oh! Points scheme yet, I don't want to promise you guys anything which may not happen. 

So in other words, don't wait! 

Never know [sign in to see picture]

This thread should be renamed, "Oh points - you snooze, you loose" 😂😉😋

Secretty [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Secretty wrote:

Awh man. This really really sucks for me. I've been trying to save up for an item that costs 12000 points. Finally get about half way there and my points aren't going to be worth as much? That is a real kick in the teeth. : / There's nothing I really want thats still on the list either.

Guess I'm just going to have to keep hold of them and take the hit when the new system comes in, but it's really upsetting that my points won't be worth as much considering the amount of money I've been spending at Lovehoney for them. I get that the OH points system is much better than things like Tesco points, which is why I was so commited to getting enough points to earn a really good item. Looks like that's not going to happen now.

Oh well. Hopefully the new system will be good still.

Hey Secretty

Sorry you're disappointed in this news. I know it can be a bit of a blow if you were saving for something specific. Although the value of points will be changing, their spendability will be increasing massively.

Think of it this way; You could have $500 sat in your pocket, but if you're in the UK, its worthless. However £250, although "worth" less, is much more spendable. That's effectively what we're doing with Oh! Points. The technical "value" may reduce, but your ability to spend them will be so much more. (Please note, this is not the actual precentage they're being reduced by, this is just an example!)

You say you've been trying to save 12000 points for a particular product. 12000 points is the equivalant of a £60 product. As you've said, you're about half way there at the moment. This means you would need to spend about another £560 with us to earn the remaining points you need to get a £60 product free.

In the new system, you won't be forced to spend huge amounts in order to save enough to spend your points on what you really want. You can simply use the points you have on your account at any time to reduce the cost of the product you want. So it may not be free, but it could well be half price (or more!) :) You'll also be able to combine your points with offers and discounts (which we've never been able to do before) so if you time it right, you can grab a real bargain without having to fork out a load of cash beforehand.

^_^

Yeah, I appreciate that and it makes a lot of sense. The problem is, I wanted to get an item for free! There is something special about earning the item for free that you don't get by putting a bit of money towards it as well. I know that sounds pretty silly, but it was just something I wanted to do!

But I guess I shouldn't really complain. I've been given a few tester items for free which would probably more than make up for the OH points drop in value. I'm still slightly disappointed, but overall I guess what you're saying makes sense and Lovehoney has been so fantastic in all other departments that I'm sure the outcome of the switch will be a good thing. ^^

And it will be great being able to use OH points on any transaction too. Swings and roundabouts I guess. ;)

I bet your IT team will be knackered by the end of it. Haha.

Secretty wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Secretty wrote:

Awh man. This really really sucks for me. I've been trying to save up for an item that costs 12000 points. Finally get about half way there and my points aren't going to be worth as much? That is a real kick in the teeth. : / There's nothing I really want thats still on the list either.

Guess I'm just going to have to keep hold of them and take the hit when the new system comes in, but it's really upsetting that my points won't be worth as much considering the amount of money I've been spending at Lovehoney for them. I get that the OH points system is much better than things like Tesco points, which is why I was so commited to getting enough points to earn a really good item. Looks like that's not going to happen now.

Oh well. Hopefully the new system will be good still.

Hey Secretty

Sorry you're disappointed in this news. I know it can be a bit of a blow if you were saving for something specific. Although the value of points will be changing, their spendability will be increasing massively.

Think of it this way; You could have $500 sat in your pocket, but if you're in the UK, its worthless. However £250, although "worth" less, is much more spendable. That's effectively what we're doing with Oh! Points. The technical "value" may reduce, but your ability to spend them will be so much more. (Please note, this is not the actual precentage they're being reduced by, this is just an example!)

You say you've been trying to save 12000 points for a particular product. 12000 points is the equivalant of a £60 product. As you've said, you're about half way there at the moment. This means you would need to spend about another £560 with us to earn the remaining points you need to get a £60 product free.

In the new system, you won't be forced to spend huge amounts in order to save enough to spend your points on what you really want. You can simply use the points you have on your account at any time to reduce the cost of the product you want. So it may not be free, but it could well be half price (or more!) :) You'll also be able to combine your points with offers and discounts (which we've never been able to do before) so if you time it right, you can grab a real bargain without having to fork out a load of cash beforehand.

^_^

Yeah, I appreciate that and it makes a lot of sense. The problem is, I wanted to get an item for free! There is something special about earning the item for free that you don't get by putting a bit of money towards it as well. I know that sounds pretty silly, but it was just something I wanted to do!

But I guess I shouldn't really complain. I've been given a few tester items for free which would probably more than make up for the OH points drop in value. I'm still slightly disappointed, but overall I guess what you're saying makes sense and Lovehoney has been so fantastic in all other departments that I'm sure the outcome of the switch will be a good thing. ^^

And it will be great being able to use OH points on any transaction too. Swings and roundabouts I guess. ;)

I bet your IT team will be knackered by the end of it. Haha.

I totally know what you mean about getting something for free - it does feel different and is a moment of 'success!' when you've earned those points. You'll still be able to get products for free, so there's nothing stopping you from carrying on with your plan buy it totally with points, and you'll still be earning 10 points for every pound you spend, but I'm not sure what the new cost of the £60 product will be in points.

And you're right - our tech team are buzzing away like crazy people right now! haha

big p [sign in to see picture]

while it seems to be a great idea for those who have not been saving points for big items like i have for over the past year or so , i have a large amount of points that will be well reduced in value and all items of large value have now been removed from the points system, so thanks a lot it would have been a little wiser to let people know and have a litle warning of such a big change

snapper [sign in to see picture]

I have tried to look but cant see anywhere where its stated but until we know the exchange rate new points for old . we wont know what is best to do. as using them might better with the discounts avalible

If the points will be worth half their current monetery value then possibly not . But if they are worth 2/3 or more then possibly better saving them

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

Personally i think i will prefer the new way! I havent spend a single OH point since i joined, because i was half saving them.

by that i mean there was nothing i could afford that i wanted, so i was just going to let them accumalate until i do have enough points for something i really want but cant afford.

but saying that, im a long way off of being able to afford anything, as i would probably have to spend another £500ish pounds! Now thats not going to happen as ive had to cut back on spending lately.

so for me, i would much rather have the option of using my points to get a £100 item for £50 (or less if there are great deals on!) than have my points sitting around to never be used because i will never have enough for what i would like.

big p wrote:

while it seems to be a great idea for those who have not been saving points for big items like i have for over the past year or so , i have a large amount of points that will be well reduced in value and all items of large value have now been removed from the points system, so thanks a lot it would have been a little wiser to let people know and have a litle warning of such a big change

Hey big p

I'm sorry we've not been able to give you more notice about this change. 

As I've said earlier, we do have the power to re-add things temporarily so you can place orders. Did you have your eye on something specific from the Oh! Points list? If so, please email me on bot@lovehoney.co.uk and I'll be happy to work with you to avoid disappointment. 

Thanks 

Posting again for those who missed it....

***ANYONE WHO IS WAITING FOR POINTS***

...from orders in the last 28 days AND who wanted something specific from the list please email me on bot@lovehoney.co.uk

I know we haven't been able to give much notice on this, and I am sorry about that. But the good news is there is still time and space for me to work with you guys and avoid disappointment.

Pop me an email with any concerns and I'll help out as much as I can to make sure you get what you want with the points you have/are expecting :)

thehornyHs [sign in to see picture]

Hi I'm newly joined in Lh community forums. I was just wondering how the ...oh! Points work? Is it something that accumulates when you order? How do you use them? Can you only use them on certain items or can they be put towards a larger purchase?

Ruby Red Slippers [sign in to see picture]

Aw, that's a pity. I was frantically saving up for the Kissing Swan but I'm not even quite half way there yet, so I definitely won't have enough points to be able to get it before the change. But it's good that those who almost have enough can get their points sorted in time to get what they were saving for.

thehornyHs wrote:

Hi I'm newly joined in Lh community forums. I was just wondering how the ...oh! Points work? Is it something that accumulates when you order? How do you use them? Can you only use them on certain items or can they be put towards a larger purchase?

I would say youre probably best waiting a few weeks for a reply, unless you have a lot of points at the minute!

the oh points system is currently in the process of changing, so if we tell you how the current system works, then in a few weeks that will all change and you will be left wondering whats going on! Atm nobody really knows for sure how the system will end up so nobody can let you know for definite.

Atm only those who were saving points for expensive items are affected by the change, so if you only have a few hundred points then its probably best to wait and see what the changes bring.

Ruby Red Slippers [sign in to see picture]

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

Aw, that's a pity. I was frantically saving up for the Kissing Swan but I'm not even quite half way there yet, so I definitely won't have enough points to be able to get it before the change. But it's good that those who almost have enough can get their points sorted in time to get what they were saving for.

Forgot to ask, are luxury toys like the Swan likely to be included after the changes?

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

Forgot to ask, are luxury toys like the Swan likely to be included after the changes?

Im sure i read that everything will be available (no more need to request specific items!). The downside will be that they will "cost more" if you are buying with just oh points so it will take longer to save. The upside is that oh points will be able to be used alongside money, so you could in theory buy a £100 toy and only pay for a fraction of it if you pay the rest in oh points!

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but will runners up for MOTM and Review of the month still be awarded 2,000 points, or a similar amount?

TB149 [sign in to see picture]

I think overall this will be a good thing. I have quiet a few points and couldn't decide what to do with them. The fact they will reduce in value isn't great but I guess the fact I can spend them on what I want goes some way to helping! Atleast I might spend them now!

Little Lady [sign in to see picture]

I really like the sound of this! Can't wait until it comes. ^_^

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.