• Exciting News - Oh! Points Loyalty Scheme....

Never know [sign in to see picture]

BDSM-curious wrote:

Crogglebox wrote:

Could anyone tell me how to actually use the points as part of a transaction? Thanks!

As you go through the buying process, when you come to pay there is an option to use them there. It's not easy to explain but it's clear when you get to the stage to use them.

Be warned though mine defaulted to use all my points to get money off my order. You have to untick the box NOT to use them rather than use them!

Clockwork_Oasis [sign in to see picture]

I am so disappointed in how this has turned out. I was saving and saving, excited to get something "big" for my OH, and now they're worth so little, and no more points for the Rabbit Amnesty? Disappointing. Very disappointing.

Of course, lovehoney still has superior customer service and all that, but the reward system was part of what made lovehoney GREAT, and it's disappointing to see it go.

To compare, the waterstones point loyalty scheme + "stamp cards" ends up giving you the equivalent of a 10% discount across the board.This is... not that.

truegrace [sign in to see picture]

Clockwork_Oasis wrote:

I am so disappointed in how this has turned out. I was saving and saving, excited to get something "big" for my OH, and now they're worth so little, and no more points for the Rabbit Amnesty? Disappointing. Very disappointing.

Of course, lovehoney still has superior customer service and all that, but the reward system was part of what made lovehoney GREAT, and it's disappointing to see it go.

To compare, the waterstones point loyalty scheme + "stamp cards" ends up giving you the equivalent of a 10% discount across the board.This is... not that.

In terms of discount there is pretty much always a discount code to be had if you search for it, not ideal, but as the loyalty scheme is a bonus anyway I'm still happy with it

truegrace wrote:

Clockwork_Oasis wrote:

In terms of discount there is pretty much always a discount code to be had if you search for it, not ideal, but as the loyalty scheme is a bonus anyway I'm still happy with it

Fair enough, and they do also have great sales on, so I suppose it's not so bad. I just miss the illustion of ever beging able to afford something expensive with my points :P

truegrace [sign in to see picture]

Clockwork_Oasis wrote:

truegrace wrote:

Clockwork_Oasis wrote:

Fair enough, and they do also have great sales on, so I suppose it's not so bad. I just miss the illustion of ever beging able to afford something expensive with my points :P

I think before it was a bit 'too good to be true' with exceptional customer service, prices on par with other shops, discount codes, offers and the amazing oh points scheme.

At least being able to use this to knock money off purchases it should appeal to more people. Yes it will take you a long time to get a luxury toy for free, but I would imagine there were more people who dont save for years for something and just treat themselves to a little something that this will appeal to more.

If we had always had this system I think everyone would love it. Yes it wont appeal to everyone, but I would imagine in the main most people have asked to be able to use Oh points an cash, and at least this way lovehoney wont go bust!

ToyWithMeUK [sign in to see picture]

I have 4000 points and wanted to use them before the change, how do I spend them now?

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

ToysWithMeUK.......Apparently you can use them when you checkout :)

To check, if I use oh points to cover part of my purchase, do I still get oh points in return from the other part that is actually paid? I know you dont get oh points for oh points duh, but do you still get oh points on the actual bit of money I spend?

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Steve wrote:

Hi - thanks for feedback.

Just to add a couple more things - the new rewards programme will be massively flexible for everyone.

Our Tech Team are working on new special offer tech, which we hope will be ready in a couple of months. Okay, make it 3...

This will/should let us do loads of great stuff:

eg (just some ideas!)

Points rewards for writing your 10th review

Points for making your 100th forum post

Double points weekend for forum members only

Stuff we've wanted to do for years but haven't been able to!

Steve

Hey Lovehoney Steve - Just following up to see if there is an update on points related to acitivity in the community?

[suspended user]

suspended user

popk1n wrote:

ToysWithMeUK.......Apparently you can use them when you checkout :)

To check, if I use oh points to cover part of my purchase, do I still get oh points in return from the other part that is actually paid? I know you dont get oh points for oh points duh, but do you still get oh points on the actual bit of money I spend?

Yes, you do.

WillC [sign in to see picture]

I put an item in my basket and wanted to use my OH points as part payment,but for the life of me i can`t see on the screen any way to do this,i have read previous posts in this thread and understand there is an option at payment screen,but i just can`t see one! Help please! Would it be possible to post a screen grab to see exactly what i`m looking for? Or a detailed description? Thank`s!

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

WillC wrote:

I put an item in my basket and wanted to use my OH points as part payment,but for the life of me i can`t see on the screen any way to do this,i have read previous posts in this thread and understand there is an option at payment screen,but i just can`t see one! Help please! Would it be possible to post a screen grab to see exactly what i`m looking for? Or a detailed description? Thank`s!

Hey WillC

Here is a screenshot of the checkout with Oh! Points. 

If you're not seeing this section, then you aren't logged in properly. 

Please follow these instructions to check out using Oh! Points:

1) Add items to basket

2) 'Proceed to Checkout'

3) Log in again. Even if you're already logged in, you must fill in this screen. Also, if you have saved your log in on Lovehoney, your password will already be there, but you need to delete this and type it in again.

4) You should now see your Oh! Points

We're working on a fix for the extra log in screen. At the moment, if you 'click to continue' without comepleting the second log in, it allows you to check out but doesn't find your Oh! Points. This will become a 'required field' to continue, but right now I'm afraid you need to remember to always do the second log in to complete your purchase on account. 

Thanks! 

WillC [sign in to see picture]

Thank`s Jess,it looks like i need to keep loging in! I`ll know next time!

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

PokingFun wrote:

JESS LIVES AT LOVEHONEY!!! ;P

Paha - I might as well! :P 

WhizzUK [sign in to see picture]

i had 2750 Oh points on the account that i just asked customer services to close... why lose it you ask?

2750 oh points = £275 spent at Lovehoneyand my reward fr my loalty... -£5.50 off my next order which wouldnt even be enough to purchase a bottle of Enjoy Lube priced at £5.99.

Add to that the fact you now have to spend £20 instead of £10 be eligible for free delivery.

nice to know how much Lovehoney values there loyal customers.

WhizzUK wrote:

i had 2750 Oh points on the account that i just asked customer services to close... why close it you ask?

2750 oh points = £275 spent at Lovehoneyand my reward fr my loalty... -£5.50 off my next order which wouldnt even be enough to purchase a bottle of Enjoy Lube priced at £5.99.

Add to that the fact you now have to spend £20 instead of £10 be eligible for free delivery.

nice to know how much Lovehoney values there loyal customers.

I was also very disappointed when LH devalued the OH points. BUT, then I started thinking about it. LH is growing. Meaning more people around the world is going through their first order, testing the waters, and buying their first small-amount orders.

LH still have amazing deals, and let you stack them (a lot of companies would let you get only one special deal per order, LH lets you stack as many as you want except in very special circumstances, like with the FSOG wand, which - mind you - could still be combined with 3 for 10 offers and so on, but not with other coded discounts).

If you search through the forum, you'll see that people were disappointed when they went from free delivery on EVERYTHING to free delivery on £10, and people were disappointed when they raised it to £20.

But with a full 12 months of open returns, no questions asked, live around-the-clock customer service, a constant stream of great bargains - all the things we love about LH and made us choose them in the first place -- how does it make business sense to give you free delivery on a 3 for 10 order, for example? the 3 for 10 order may end up giving you about a 40% discount from full price, which - make no mistake - is directly out of the profits LH would make on these items. Them then giving you 2.95's worht of free postage may mean they end up loosing money on the order.

For a start-up, that may make business sense, because it drives your credibility and happiness, and makes word-of-mouth spread, but now, when LH is growing and growing, and much bigger markets are doing their first order etc, it starts being dangerous.

So yeah, the OH points are now a tiny bit insulting as a loyalty scheme. It's more like a small added bonus on top of everything else, which is nice enough. But I don't understand why this or the postage, should discourage you from using LH as your fun-box provider, because you certainly won't find this level of customer service, stackable offers or non-corporate thinking anywhere else.

(not to mention the forums. This is the only sexual happiness based forum I can think of, which is safe, happy and supportive of everyone)

jr78 [sign in to see picture]

I absolutely love LH, I enjoy the forums & great reviews but I also think the postage having to be paid on things under £20 is a bit much. I often see 3 "deals of the day" each week which I would probably go for if I didn't have to pay £2.95 a pop for postage.
    I wonder if LH have ever though about making the postage free on "deal of the day" or taking the free postage limit back to £10 like [a competitor does]? I personally wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer for delivery if they did that, does anyone else feel the same?

WhizzUK [sign in to see picture]

Clockwork_Oasis i agree with you on most points you made and i may even come to regret my decision but after receiving faulty goods on my last 2 orders one of which the replacement was also faulty this new scheme just seemed to add insult to injury so my partner and i made the decision to close the account.

mrs average [sign in to see picture]

Ooo I've only just logged on for the first time in months thinking, " I wonder what I could spend my OH points on"? After lots of searching round the site finally realised that there is this new system in place.
    Happy days...lets get shopping as I don't want them sitting there going to waste!

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

jr78 wrote:

I wonder if LH have ever though about making the postage free on "deal of the day"

Maybe you should mention that on the suggestions thread cause I agree that would be a good compromise for people who are unhappy with the delivery fee. Would probably sell more DOTD too!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.