• Exciting News - Oh! Points Loyalty Scheme....

Strange Days [sign in to see picture]

The length of this Thread and some of the comments, sugget a Coca Cola moment for LoveHoney, here.

Its a well known tatic, to wrap news up as new/improved when its isn't. The new OhPoints syastem is worth much less, but is more flexible. The £20 for free delivery is quite a blow, to a lot of people, I guess. Making an order up to £10 wasn't too difficult - its twice as difficult now.

Then comments about poor customer service too - particulary see the @drhds post above. I would broadly agree. LH has expanded significantly, into the US and now the EU. Its not what it was - and will never be again. The price of success.

As others have said, we need to start looking elsewhere. I would probably stick with LoveHoney for the big ticket items, so long as the 365 days return policy remains (but watch that go at some point). Otherwise, there are pleanty of other sellers. Caveat Emptor.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Advising people against using a site because the loyalty programme has gone down in value in the eyes of long terms users.

-most other adult sites have NO loyalty program

-no other site offers 365 day no questions asked returns on new or used items

-special offers not even comparable to other sites

-staff have already clearly explained the reasons for the change and showed figures demonstrating that it didn't work before so they changed this AS REQUESTED

-customer service is so awful here that a member of staff emailed me to put my item back on the list to buy it with points before the scheme changed because I expressed minor disappointment on the forum. Yes. THEY emailed ME. Because of a forum post. How little they must care.

Yes. Of course. Don't shop here because the loyalty program changed. Because that was ever the main reason to shop here. That makes sense...

+1

But Lovebirds, allow me: had you not gotten use of your piled up points in the old scheme, would you be happy about having them halved?

Again, I can accept that points earned from now on will have less value, but I don't think is fair that points already earned would loose theirs.

I'll quote what I just wrote to the customer care now (as I got several very disappointing answers from them today, and not just about this value-issue):

"I just find it pretty unfair how all of this was handled, and yes, us customers might be spoiled by your company, so we might feel entitled to things we shouldn’t be, but spoiling us was a mission choice of LH as a company in the first place. (...) I’m a very loyal, but also a very rational type of consumer. At this point I’m not all that sure that I’ll stay in love with Lovehoney. I suppose this depends on what else is going to change around there. For now, I kind of feel like you’re pushing the .eu site down our throats as if we’re not welcome on the UK site anymore. And yes, I do feel as if you’ve first given me a gift, and than taken more than half back from me. Even if you say that I can do whatever I want with what you have left from the initial gift."

Echo32B [sign in to see picture]

I do feel as if you’ve first given me a gift, and than taken more than half back from me. Even if you say that I can do whatever I want with what you have left from the initial gift."

+ 1 Well said!

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

DavidB1986 wrote:

Can someone explain to me...

So the Swan (I'll just use is it as an example) is £99.99.

On the old Oh! Points system, that would have been 20,000 Oh! Points, right?

So under the old system, you would have had to have spent £1,000 in total to have achieved the points needed.

So how is that better than say, using Oh! Points and one of the many discount codes for 10/15/20/25% off? I am genuinely trying to understand why people are complaining about value when under the old scheme, you had to spend MORE money to get what you wanted 'for free'.

Seriously, what am I missing, because I don't understand it.

I think it depends how you use the system. If you're playing the "long game" you could potentially have thousands of oh points built up over a number of years. After maybe 2-3 years you might have earnt the 20,000 points and have gotten the swan for free. In your mind it would feel good that you got such a good item for free. Of course it wasn't free because you paid into the oh points scheme, but it feels like a free item.

You are quite right that the new scheme is much better as you have more freedom, but its disappointing that the oh points people have saved so far have been reduced in value.

Lets say i have 10,000 oh points. Under the old scheme i could have gotten a toy valued at £50 for free, or carry on saving. Under the new scheme initially it was fantastic because i could have gotten the swan (sticking with the same example) for £50 and oh points. Thats a great bargain. Using your example of discounts, if a 25% came up, the swan would be £75, so using the 10,000 oh points means i could get the swan for £25. So thats still an amazing bargain.

But, now the oh points are worth roughly half, that exact deai isnt as appealing. Granted its still a discount.

I guess ultimately its a bit disappointing that the oh points we have accumulated so far have decreased in value. I think now if you want to save your points to get a free item in the future, it will take you twice as long, and cost twice as much as the previous scheme.

dh [sign in to see picture]

I can't help but wonder if there would be this much discontent if they were a bit more honest from the start; instead of all the "Exciting News!"

Maybe "Sorry guys, bad news, but..."

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

dh wrote:

I can't help but wonder if there would be this much discontent if they were a bit more honest from the start; instead of all the "Exciting News!"

They cant win either way though. When it was first posted nobody really knew the details so it was exciting news because they were addressing the requests to use oh points alongside real money.

it wasnt until the details were decided that the new value of the points came out that turned things negative.

if jess (i believe she was the op) had waited until everything was finalised before announcing, people would have complained that they werent made aware that changes were going to happen. Jess did everyone a favour by keeping everyone in the loop, and now people are blaming her for that too, even though at the time she didnt know the value would change so drastically.

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

drhds wrote:

If you read my full post Lovebirds_x you'll see that my discontent is about a lot more than the loyalty points scheme, that's simply the straw that broke the camels back. I have had dissappointment from Lovehoney services for a few months now, as I said in my post. Please read the full post before replying.

I did read the full post, but didn't wish to get into just how racist you're sounding in saying that customer service is bad because they can't speak perfect English. You do realise companies don't use native English speakers outside normal UK office hours, right? And this isn't a Lovehoney exclusive thing? This has happened with literally every customer service I've had to contact and it's only a problem if you make it one. I have spoken to a non native speaker via email here and they've been just as lovely as the regular staff as long as you have the patience to politely tell them if they've missed your point.

I also didn't want to call you out on how I believe it unlikely that they messed up that many orders for your friend when in my own experience they've gotten one order wrong. Ever. Out of literally hundreds of orders in roughly 4 years. And with that one order they did get wrong they let me keep the item as an apology while bending over backwards to ship out the correct item right away with express shipping. So it pretty much sounds like you're exaggerating to prove your point that Lovehoney are crap when...well, I can't agree with you there as that's never been my experience. Even when they get it wrong, they put it right. The packers are human, they make mistakes. Doesn't make them a bad company and certainly doesn't mean you should avoid shopping here. Customer care are also human, and they do listen and respond to individuals rather than throw out a generic copy paste 'we're sorry' email, so things tend to get fixed if they are made aware exactly what the problem is and what you want done about it. And despite my disbelief, I accept that you could be being totally honest and something really out of the ordinary went down so ramming my good experience down your throat to tell you why I think you are wrong isn't really the most relevant thing to do. So why would I automatically jump on that point when I'm sceptical but also don't wish to be a b**ch? I wouldn't, so I didn't.

So yes, your discontent may be with more than just the loyalty scheme. But I still believe you're being unfairly harsh and did not wish to be unfairly harsh towards you in return, so chose to comment only on the issue relevant to this thread. I'm sure you'll understand now why I only chose to reply to part of your post, and hope you don't think I'm being aggressive towards you. But I certainly did read your full post, don't worry. And your parting line was quite simply that the decrase in value of the loyalty points was what had you wanting to advise people not to shop here, which frankly isnt a very good argument to avoid an overall good shopping experience when you consider just how crap other retailers are. Lovehoney still have more to offer in many other respects :)

Kasumi [sign in to see picture]

Wow my OH has been screwed by this new oh point system.

Just because he hasn't placed an order on his account for over a year he now no longer has any oh point history.

I thought that everyone's existing oh points would be changed to the new scheme then if not used deleted after 12 months.

myghost [sign in to see picture]

Kasumi you need to click "view oh points history" in your account and the oh points will show up

Myghost He has it says no oh point history

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Kasumi wrote:

Tell him to contact customer service.
    Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Kasumi wrote:

Kasumi - it depends which website your OH has been shopping through. If it's not on the UK account, sounds like you've been shipping the parcels elsewhere? Try logging into the .com, .com.au and .eu sites to find your points. If you're not happy with the account they're on, just contact Customer Care and we'l transfer them for you :)

dh wrote:

We would have done this, if we thought it was bad news! I still genuinely think the new scheme is better, and the resounding feedback from customers has been relief and rejoice!

Don't forget that the vast majority of our customers aren't on this forum, so even though it seems like there are a lot if disappointed people here, elsewhere we're receiving emails and calls of "THANK YOU FOR FINALLY LISTENING TO US". It seems that for the majority, this change is a massive improvement, which is just what we'd planned! :) In reality, 'this much discontent', isn't actually that much, and we're really pleased with the way the transition has happened so far. 

It makes me sad that some of you think we've "lied" or "tricked" you. If nothing else, I would expect our forum members to know us better than anyone, and know what we would never do anything underhanded or dishonest. We stand by our decision to make these changes to benefit you and us.  

Stuburns [sign in to see picture]

Dear me people. Have you heard yourselves? Victor Meldrew! Some people make a real effort to complain. Some would say put that same effort into enjoying life👍🏼

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Kasumi wrote:

Kasumi - it depends which website your OH has been shopping through. If it's not on the UK account, sounds like you've been shipping the parcels elsewhere? Try logging into the .com, .com.au and .eu sites to find your points. If you're not happy with the account they're on, just contact Customer Care and we'l transfer them for you :)

Jess he has never used any of the other sites plus most of his points were for being review of the month runner up a couple of times.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Just a very quick update: my issues have been solved yet again by an EXTRAORDINARY customer care (thank you again, Sarah)! They’ve transferred back my points to the UK site with a “little something” for the trouble, which was WAAAY MORE than what I might have expected! They’ve proven once more that they really care about each individual, not just the “pile of customers”, I’m sorry for having had doubts.

I’ll go be ashamed in a corner now…

dh [sign in to see picture]

dh wrote:

We would have done this, if we thought it was bad news! I still genuinely think the new scheme is better, and the resounding feedback from customers has been relief and rejoice!

Don't forget that the vast majority of our customers aren't on this forum, so even though it seems like there are a lot if disappointed people here, elsewhere we're receiving emails and calls of "THANK YOU FOR FINALLY LISTENING TO US". It seems that for the majority, this change is a massive improvement, which is just what we'd planned! :) In reality, 'this much discontent', isn't actually that much, and we're really pleased with the way the transition has happened so far.

It makes me sad that some of you think we've "lied" or "tricked" you. If nothing else, I would expect our forum members to know us better than anyone, and know what we would never do anything underhanded or dishonest. We stand by our decision to make these changes to benefit you and us.

Don't get me wrong; I think the new system is much better. I just think that people are disappointed that they saved up points and had an idea in their minds of what those points were worth, but then suddenly overnight that value halved (or thereabouts). I appreciate that the new system means that much more than 10% of points will be spent so it's only fair that newly earned points should have a lower value but I can see why people are upset

Jennylafay [sign in to see picture]

I do not see where if at all I can use the points during checkout.

On what part should I be able to use them?

[suspended user]

suspended user

Jennylafay wrote:

I do not see where if at all I can use the points during checkout.

On what part should I be able to use them?

When you're already on the "secure checkout" page and you have your selected items on the right side of the screen, and you have your shipping options on the upper left side, under these you'll find the option to spend your Oh! Points. You can click a thickbox to use them all or unclick it and you have then have the option to chose how many to spend with the + or - buttons. You can chose not to spend any by putting 0 there. Under the Oh! Point section you have the "click to continue" button (and/or the other payment methods lined up if you don't have or don't want to use your points).

Ruby Red Slippers [sign in to see picture]

era wrote:

Just a very quick update: my issues have been solved yet again by an EXTRAORDINARY customer care (thank you again, Sarah)! They’ve transferred back my points to the UK site with a “little something” for the trouble, which was WAAAY MORE than what I might have expected! They’ve proven once more that they really care about each individual, not just the “pile of customers”, I’m sorry for having had doubts.

Me too! Lovehoney customer service FTW!

alienpenguin [sign in to see picture]

I think this is a great idea, can get discounts on more expensive things rather than having to spend all the money or save up thousands and thousands of points. Also OH points no longer limited to the list rather you can get anything on the site. Makes much more sense to me.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.