• Exciting News - Oh! Points Loyalty Scheme....

BDSM-curious [sign in to see picture]

era wrote:

After Jess said they've had plenty of requests already, I made myself courage and did contact them about my points. (I needed to anyway because I'd like my points transferred back from the .eu site to the .co.uk one!) I am not proud having done it, but I have about 10k points piled up that went from a value of £50 to a value of £20... Given I never really used my points on anything hoping to save them up for a real luxurious treat I wouldn't normally spend for (but not yet had my eyes set on anything particular in the old scheme), this is a bummer for me. I'm not pretending anything though; I just asked if there is anything they might think of in terms of the original "compromise idea" quoted on the previous page of this thread. The customer service kindly replied they've taken it to "higher levels" and will get back to me in a couple of days.

Please post the outcome, thanks. x

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

Well, I have to say I am kicking myself for making such a fuss initially, so I would like to apologise to everyone! I am starting to come around after making my most recent purchase...

I purchased 2 bodystockings in the 2 for £20, and 3 pairs of flirty knickers for £12. THEN applied a £5 off over £30 discount code. And finally... I paid for the whole thing using my Oh! points!

Overall, I saved £29.95 in the sale and only had to pay £3.50 because I chose 1-day delivery, the rest was covered by my points.

I do understand the disappointment of the reduced monetary value, and I was initially disappointed myself, but seeing that I've saved nearly £30 by being able to combine my points with special offers has won me over. If I had purchased these items in the old scheme, I wouldn't have been able to get them at sale price. So thank you Lovehoney for that :)

snapper [sign in to see picture]

I have 11700 points and dispite the warnings given by lovehoney I just couldnt find anything that I really want to spend them on so I've gone from around 55 pounds to 22 quid even if I use it with a 30% off voucher is still not the same but we were given a warning and told to spend them . But I still feel like I have been volenterly mugged . Highs and lows I can see why some people feel angry .bit it's money I never had

Secretty [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Secretty wrote:

FrozenAngel wrote:

Strange Days wrote:

LH is a Business. Never forget that. This looks like a hard nosed business decision, dressed up as New, Exciting, Improved. Hmm. A very familiar tactic. The OP should feel ashamed - but hey - its a job.....

Now - OhPoints = Waste Of Time..... :-(

The OP should feel ashamed? I find this comment incredibly rude, Jess is just doing her job it wasn't her decision to change the scheme; and honestly the new scheme IS exciting, we can now use OH points towards orders, which is something we've long asked for and not been able to use. The points are also now in line with other places - ie. Tescos, boots ECT. The value of them has dropped down significantly, but oh well, things change; never forget that LH DO NOT have to offer a reward scheme, and plently of places do not offer one at all. It's something for nothing.

I understand that you're upset and disgruntled about the change as many other people are, but calling out the 'OP' i.e Jess because of this is a ridiculous and rude way of venting your frustrations.

Firstly, I agree that the comment about Jess being ashamed is harsh. As everyone is saying, don't shoot the messenger.

Secondly, Lovehoney not NEEDING to offer a reward scheme ISNT the point. The point is they DO offer a reward scheme and they have made it WORSE. It doesn't matter that they don't have to. It doesn't matter that it's now in line with other companies. They have still made the scheme worse in general and people are going to be upset with that. The oh points being so good is part of what made me constantly order from Lovehoney and drove me into this forum. Now they're "just like other companies" ie: useless. It's a real shame. Not a dealbreaker yet, but it does suck.

If we accept people making policies and scheme's worse because "other people do it" we're going to be living in a much grimer world that we already are.

This is not why we have changed the programme. We've changed it because over the last 10 years, only a fraction of points have ever (and I mean ever) been spent. The old scheme was worthless.... because no one spent the points. Secondly, since almost the very beginning of the original scheme, you (the customer) have asked, pleaded and begged us to make them spendable like cash for part payments. We always said no to this feature, and our scheme ran very much like Boots Advantage points (higher value, few spending opportunities) in the past.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't accusing Lovehoney of changing it just because other people do it differently. I was just saying that the general argument of making things worse just because other people do it isn't a viable argument. I have no idea why Lovehoney have chosen to change the oh points, but I've bought enough from Lovehoney and talked to the customer service team enough to know you wouldn't screw over your customer's intentionally. I certainly didn't mean to cause any offence to you or any other LH staff and apologise if anyone has taken offence!

Secretty [sign in to see picture]

Apologies for the double post, but I really feel I need to say this: I LOVE LOVEHONEY. Every member of staff is fantastic, they have amazing deals, great items, superb customer service and are a joy to buy from every single time. The oh points system used to be on that list as well, but the fact that it's not doesn't change the fact that I LOVE LOVEHONEY! I have been critical in this thread because I believe feedback is important and yes, I am disappointed with the changes, but I still love Lovehoney and will be using them for the forseeable future.

Jess - I truly hope you aren't offended by my posts. That was not their intention. I work in customer service, so would never take it out on you or any other members of staff. There are, of course, good points to the changes in the system, the difference in value is a little hard to swallow, but a lot of other stuff is good and I will contact customer services if the value gets to me too much.

But yeah. I hope no one got offended by my posts - that was the furthest thing from my mind.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Secretty wrote:

Apologies for the double post, but I really feel I need to say this: I LOVE LOVEHONEY. Every member of staff is fantastic, they have amazing deals, great items, superb customer service and are a joy to buy from every single time. The oh points system used to be on that list as well, but the fact that it's not doesn't change the fact that I LOVE LOVEHONEY! I have been critical in this thread because I believe feedback is important and yes, I am disappointed with the changes, but I still love Lovehoney and will be using them for the forseeable future.

Jess - I truly hope you aren't offended by my posts. That was not their intention. I work in customer service, so would never take it out on you or any other members of staff. There are, of course, good points to the changes in the system, the difference in value is a little hard to swallow, but a lot of other stuff is good and I will contact customer services if the value gets to me too much.

But yeah. I hope no one got offended by my posts - that was the furthest thing from my mind.

heartheartheart

We love you too Secretty! 

No offence taken at all - and please do continue to chat likes and dislikes. All the feedback is really helpful for us! ^_^

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

So all my accumlated points ended up being $9 total LOL, I just went in a got into checkout to look vs. wondering. A bit bummed at the percieved "loss" of value but when I can use them on bundled deals, sales items, etc. I dont' feel put out. Besides, there wasn't a product on the list at the switch over time I had not already bought and most of them were in the $10 to $15 dollar range anyway and were often on the 3 for $20 list so it is a wash really.

I have a feeling those most upset are the ones with big point balances they had been saving up over time. I am just gonna use them as I have them to take a little extra off as I do my normal orders anyway. Frankly so much simplier in the checkout, I actually loaded my basket just to see how the OH point appear. Much more user friendly vs. seperate product list / seperate orders, etc. Bravo!

I hope your feeling the love Jess! I mentioned earlier in the thread about the book / illustrated video of "who moved my cheese" ya'll shoudl watch it at Lovehoney headquaters and get a good chuckle on how groups of people adapt and react to change. (It is on youtube.com "Who Moved My Cheese? The Movie by Dr. Spencer Johnson)

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

PokingFun wrote:

Question:

I may need to return something, how does it work with returns and Oh! Points?

Say for example, I bought something for £50 and got points, then made a purchase and spent my earned points on the order. Then, I had to return the £50 order, what happens to points?

Sorry if it's been asked already.

And, I'm not returning anything, I'm just curious x

Hi, 

Here are the FAQs (I've requested they get added to the main Oh! Points info page so they're easier to find): http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/loyalty-scheme-faq/

When it comes to very complicated returns/transactions, I have every faith customer care will fairly cross those bridges when they come to them.

What happens if I return an item that is fully/partially paid for with Oh! Points?

You will be refunded the money and the Oh! Points that you used to pay for the item.

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Vanessa8 wrote:

So all my accumlated points ended up being $9 total LOL, I just went in a got into checkout to look vs. wondering. A bit bummed at the percieved "loss" of value but when I can use them on bundled deals, sales items, etc. I dont' feel put out. Besides, there wasn't a product on the list at the switch over time I had not already bought and most of them were in the $10 to $15 dollar range anyway and were often on the 3 for $20 list so it is a wash really.

I have a feeling those most upset are the ones with big point balances they had been saving up over time. I am just gonna use them as I have them to take a little extra off as I do my normal orders anyway. Frankly so much simplier in the checkout, I actually loaded my basket just to see how the OH point appear. Much more user friendly vs. seperate product list / seperate orders, etc. Bravo!

I hope your feeling the love Jess! I mentioned earlier in the thread about the book / illustrated video of "who moved my cheese" ya'll shoudl watch it at Lovehoney headquaters and get a good chuckle on how groups of people adapt and react to change. (It is on youtube.com "Who Moved My Cheese? The Movie by Dr. Spencer Johnson)

Just watched it in the background...

"MOVE TO THE NEW CHEESE AND ENJOY IT!"

Ha! :D

Skitty [sign in to see picture]

I contacted live chat about the points thing, just specifically about the points for being runner-up in competitions because that was the main bit that stung, so I thought I'd mention it to them as suggested in this thread and see if anything could be done. Felt a bit cheeky, but thought I wasn't going to be able to stop wondering about whether they might be able to help with it if I didn't ask. They were really good about it and said they'd email me back.

The email just came in - wasn't really sure what I expected to be told, but just got a message explaining the changes to the system, why it's good and saying that the value of the points hasn't changed because they never had any monetary value.... Unfortunately it didn't really reference the specific point I made in chat and was just like I had no understanding of why the points are 'better' now, but hey, at least now I know I tried and there's nothing else that can be done about it.

Ruby Red Slippers [sign in to see picture]

Skitty wrote:

The email just came in - wasn't really sure what I expected to be told, but just got a message explaining the changes to the system, why it's good and saying that the value of the points hasn't changed because they never had any monetary value.... Unfortunately it didn't really reference the specific point I made in chat and was just like I had no understanding of why the points are 'better' now, but hey, at least now I know I tried and there's nothing else that can be done about it.

I contacted live chat who asked me to email. So I sent an email just explaining the idea that had been put forward on the forum about possibly allowing points accrued before the changes to retain their original value. I said that I really liked this idea as I'd been saving up for something specific and with the points being used as part payment I would have been able to buy it sometime soon, but now that they've halved in value it's not an option. I got the same response as Skitty so the Swan won't be mine : ( but I think it was worh asking anyway, at least now I know.

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

Can someone explain to me...

So the Swan (I'll just use is it as an example) is £99.99.

On the old Oh! Points system, that would have been 20,000 Oh! Points, right?

So under the old system, you would have had to have spent £1,000 in total to have achieved the points needed.

So how is that better than say, using Oh! Points and one of the many discount codes for 10/15/20/25% off? I am genuinely trying to understand why people are complaining about value when under the old scheme, you had to spend MORE money to get what you wanted 'for free'.

Seriously, what am I missing, because I don't understand it.

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

DavidB1986 wrote:

So under the old system, you would have had to have spent £2,000 in total to have achieved the points needed.

So how is that better than say, using Oh! Points and one of the many discount codes for 10/15/20/25% off? I am genuinely trying to understand why people are complaining about value when under the old scheme, you had to spend MORE money to get what you wanted 'for free'.

I initially complained about the change in value, but I just made an Oh! points order under the new scheme and it actually worked out pretty well for me, because I used 2 discounts on Lovehoney (i.e. 2 for £20 and 3 for £12), and also applied a £5 off coupon at the checkout. In terms of points, it cost me less than it probably would have buying all of those items separately on the old scheme, because I saved £30 before even applying my points.

So I have come around to the new scheme, although I can understand why it's still hard to swallow for some people.

Ruby Red Slippers [sign in to see picture]

DavidB1986 wrote:

So under the old system, you would have had to have spent £1,000 in total to have achieved the points needed.

I'm happy that they can be used as part payment, but I was just hoping that points accrued under the old scheme would retain their original value even if points accrued from now on are half the value they used to be. The points I had under the old scheme were worth about £35 but now they're worth £17 which is still great, but not enough for me to be able to afford buying the luxury toy I was saving them up for.

[suspended user]

suspended user

DavidB1986 wrote:

I think what you're missing is this: one was NOT spending £2.000 on toys just to get a £100 toy free. One spent £2.000 on stuff that one wanted, and then got a £100 reward free. So it was a bonus. At least, I never spent on anything just to get points.

But having my 10k points worth a £50 was a good thing to know. Of course if now I really wanted the £100 toy, I would still buy it, but if I could get it as a reward for all my previous spending, wouldn't that be a treat?

So while I do appreciate that the whole scheme is a BONUS to us all, and they did have the right to change it, and while I LOVE the idea of being able to use the points as payment for whatever you like, I do not like the fact that I could have had a £50 toy with my points and now I could only have a £20 one... I do find this a little backtsabbing. I'm not speaking of future value of my points, but of past. So having them have less monetary value in the future is ok with me, but having them have less monetary value as when I earned them I think is not entirely fair. It's as if you have £50 in your pocket and the next day the Bank of England decides you only have £20. And the bread costs £2 on both days (hahaha, sorry, but I have no idea what bread really costs in the UK). Would you be happy?

OUCH! Thank you ;) [sign in to see picture]

The way I see it is, small things are easier to buy money wise and some people just can't afford to drop £100 on a toy all in one go, even with 25% off (I've never personally seen a higher discount than that outside of the Xmas day sale).

But over a period of time people can spend in £10/20/30 increments and accrue the points to finally get that £100 toy. Now that points are worth less (not worthless) it'll take those people longer to build up enough points to afford the pricier toy. Yes, the new scheme does make points more spendable but it also makes those expensive toys less attainable for some.

And having something you've had for a while taken away is never a nice thing, no matter what it is, so I think most people will feel the sting of this new system until they get used to it. I know I do as I've bought some great stuff with my points and seeing them decrease in value is disappointing.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Skitty wrote:

The email just came in - saying that the value of the points hasn't changed because they never had any monetary value....

Well, this might be a good slogan for the people working in marketing, but not the economists, I'd say...

I'll just use a casual example for the sake of argument. In the old scheme, the instant Lovehoney decided to put or not an item on the "buy with oh points" list, that minute Lovehoney gave a value in points to that item (based on its cost/retail value).

So, for eg. the Lovehoney passion fruit lube was on the list. You wanted that lube. You could buy it for £6 or you could buy it for 1200 points. This means that Lovehoney gave its own points the value of 6/1200, which means £1=200 points. This means that the points have monetary value. It doesn't matter that you couldn't redeem £6 cash instead of the lube for the 1200 points. Trading with goods, or Bitcoins or whatever. It has monetary value even if there is no "traditional" cash involved. Call it trade economy. It's been around for a while now...

Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]

DavidB1986 wrote:

i think the real stinger is for those who already had 19900 after spending all that money and now its worth half what it used to be.

personally the OH points never really meant much to me, i bought free lube every so often but never spent it on toys as i just cant save them up long enough. now i probably still wont use them muc as you have to spend so much to get a small discount, points wont really affect whether or not i can buy a toy. i would have been excited about the change if value stayed the same. the new deliver charge change has affected me though, but its always been testing and the returns policy that keeps me

Cuddlekins [sign in to see picture]

I liked the old system but didn't really have mass'es of points so only ever got one "free" item but I just got £8 off my latest order today so that also made me happy.

The £20 free delivery charge is meh I like picking up the reduced items as and when they are on offer so I see why people are getting upset about the two new changes.

But Skitty getting poor customer service is what needs addressing more, no one likes bad customer service and feeling like you have been ignored after talking to people on Livechat people like to think the person on the otherside cares.

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

drhds wrote:

Honestly for me this is just another reason that Lovehoney has gone down in my ratings. The customer service is no where near as good as before, with a few live chats that had the person using bad, broken english, and more errors in what is being sent out (to the point my friend gave up trying). The points having decreased in value by so much has me on the edge of never using the site again and even wanting to advise people against using it. No longer the happy customer I was 6 months ago.

Advising people against using a site because the loyalty programme has gone down in value in the eyes of long terms users.

-most other adult sites have NO loyalty program

-no other site offers 365 day no questions asked returns on new or used items

-special offers not even comparable to other sites

-staff have already clearly explained the reasons for the change and showed figures demonstrating that it didn't work before so they changed this AS REQUESTED

-customer service is so awful here that a member of staff emailed me to put my item back on the list to buy it with points before the scheme changed because I expressed minor disappointment on the forum. Yes. THEY emailed ME. Because of a forum post. How little they must care.

Yes. Of course. Don't shop here because the loyalty program changed. Because that was ever the main reason to shop here. That makes sense...

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.