• Exciting News - Oh! Points Loyalty Scheme....

    1435751945

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1479
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2013

    FrozenAngel wrote:

    The OP should feel ashamed? I find this comment incredibly rude.

    The value of them has dropped down significantly, but oh well, things change; never forget that LH DO NOT have to offer a reward scheme, and plently of places do not offer one at all. It's something for nothing.

    +1 on what I quoted. This sums it all up!

    1435752516
    Secretty [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 133
    • Joined: 27 Mar 2015

    FrozenAngel wrote:

    Strange Days wrote:

    LH is a Business. Never forget that. This looks like a hard nosed business decision, dressed up as New, Exciting, Improved. Hmm. A very familiar tactic. The OP should feel ashamed - but hey - its a job.....

    Now - OhPoints = Waste Of Time..... :-(

    The OP should feel ashamed? I find this comment incredibly rude, Jess is just doing her job it wasn't her decision to change the scheme; and honestly the new scheme IS exciting, we can now use OH points towards orders, which is something we've long asked for and not been able to use. The points are also now in line with other places - ie. Tescos, boots ECT. The value of them has dropped down significantly, but oh well, things change; never forget that LH DO NOT have to offer a reward scheme, and plently of places do not offer one at all. It's something for nothing.

    I understand that you're upset and disgruntled about the change as many other people are, but calling out the 'OP' i.e Jess because of this is a ridiculous and rude way of venting your frustrations.

    Firstly, I agree that the comment about Jess being ashamed is harsh. As everyone is saying, don't shoot the messenger.

    Secondly, Lovehoney not NEEDING to offer a reward scheme ISNT the point. The point is they DO offer a reward scheme and they have made it WORSE. It doesn't matter that they don't have to. It doesn't matter that it's now in line with other companies. They have still made the scheme worse in general and people are going to be upset with that. The oh points being so good is part of what made me constantly order from Lovehoney and drove me into this forum. Now they're "just like other companies" ie: useless. It's a real shame. Not a dealbreaker yet, but it does suck.

    If we accept people making policies and scheme's worse because "other people do it" we're going to be living in a much grimer world that we already are.

    1435753259
    FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1534
    • Joined: 20 May 2011

    I get that people are upset about it and annoyed, but as I said there's no need to vent frustrasions at the staff members.

    But I stick to my point, they don't need to offer one it doesn't matter if it isn't as good as it used to be, it's still something for nothing - it doesn't matter that you now need to spend X amount to get something, because at the end of the day who buys things so they can get something free? Since the amount spent is always going to out weigh the amount of the free item.

    I personally like the new system, and I say that as someone who has around 8000 points on my account at the moment, has the value of them now gone down? yes, it has; but my points can now be used in conjunction with offers saving me more money in the long run than buying a £30 toy for 7000 points.

    Also my points can now be used to purchase something that's on sale and using a discount code to boot, previously if something went on sale you had to buy it with cash as the amount of it in points cost the same as full price.

    So personally, the way I see it, this is going to save me money, for people who used points to buy lube and that now and again; it probably sucks. But for me, whos toys generally cost £60+ and rarely used the points since I'd have to spend a great deal in order to buy a £60+ toy with points only then this is a far better option.

    You're not entitled to reward schemes, so no matter how many times you say that it sucks because they do offer it at the end of the day it's still something for nothing.

    1435754155

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1479
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2013

    snapper wrote:

    I truly believe when the points changed from old to new, the value should have stayed the same regardless of the number of points.

    So if you had £20 worth of points, you should with the new points still have £20 of points. Then from that date you earn new points at the new rate!

    I think this is one of the most balanced ideas over here. Maybe Lovehoney could take notice and give it some thought? Could be a good starting point for some kind of compromise regarding the value of the Oh! Points we had before the new scheme. Like compensating with at least some new Oh points to get us closer to the value ours had before the change? Just a thought.

    1435760023
    Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2187
    • Joined: 30 Nov 2012

    Strange Days wrote:

    LH is a Business. Never forget that. This looks like a hard nosed business decision, dressed up as New, Exciting, Improved. Hmm. A very familiar tactic. The OP should feel ashamed - but hey - its a job.....

    Now - OhPoints = Waste Of Time..... :-(

    Please feel free to elaborate on why I should feel ashamed...?

    (Thanks to everyone who defended my honour! <3)

    I really like the idea of value being maintained on points you'd already earned... Have you contacted Customer Care to see if they'll do this for you?

    And the same question goes to anyone else who's been desperately disappointed with the new changes; have you contacted Customer Care to discuss it with them?

    We have plenty of options available to make the transition smoother but if yu don't let us know you're now happy, we can't help you! I understand that the forum is a great place for you all to chat about your likes and dislikes, but if you want something changing on your account you will need to contact us directly. 

    1435760825
    Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2187
    • Joined: 30 Nov 2012

    Secretty wrote:

    FrozenAngel wrote:

    Strange Days wrote:

    LH is a Business. Never forget that. This looks like a hard nosed business decision, dressed up as New, Exciting, Improved. Hmm. A very familiar tactic. The OP should feel ashamed - but hey - its a job.....

    Now - OhPoints = Waste Of Time..... :-(

    The OP should feel ashamed? I find this comment incredibly rude, Jess is just doing her job it wasn't her decision to change the scheme; and honestly the new scheme IS exciting, we can now use OH points towards orders, which is something we've long asked for and not been able to use. The points are also now in line with other places - ie. Tescos, boots ECT. The value of them has dropped down significantly, but oh well, things change; never forget that LH DO NOT have to offer a reward scheme, and plently of places do not offer one at all. It's something for nothing.

    I understand that you're upset and disgruntled about the change as many other people are, but calling out the 'OP' i.e Jess because of this is a ridiculous and rude way of venting your frustrations.

    Firstly, I agree that the comment about Jess being ashamed is harsh. As everyone is saying, don't shoot the messenger.

    Secondly, Lovehoney not NEEDING to offer a reward scheme ISNT the point. The point is they DO offer a reward scheme and they have made it WORSE. It doesn't matter that they don't have to. It doesn't matter that it's now in line with other companies. They have still made the scheme worse in general and people are going to be upset with that. The oh points being so good is part of what made me constantly order from Lovehoney and drove me into this forum. Now they're "just like other companies" ie: useless. It's a real shame. Not a dealbreaker yet, but it does suck.

    If we accept people making policies and scheme's worse because "other people do it" we're going to be living in a much grimer world that we already are.

    This is not why we have changed the programme. We've changed it because over the last 10 years, only a fraction of points have ever (and I mean ever) been spent. The old scheme was worthless.... because no one spent the points. Secondly, since almost the very beginning of the original scheme, you (the customer) have asked, pleaded and begged us to make them spendable like cash for part payments. We always said no to this feature, and our scheme ran very much like Boots Advantage points (higher value, few spending opportunities) in the past.

    Now we've brought them more in line with the far more popular Nectar points scheme (lower value, better spending opportunities) not to make it worse, or trick you, or whatever else it is that people seem to think we're doing. We are genuinely listening to your feedback, and creating a scheme that is as close to the one you've been asking us for for years, without it damaging us as a company. Yes, we are a money making business, and of course we need to think about what's viable for us, and you. Quite right as others' have said, we don't need to have a reward scheme at all, but having one allows you to earn a little something back on each purchase, gives us more freedom with Customer Care good will gestures, competition prizes and now (with the new scheme) we'll have the ability to do 'double points' weekends and special points based promos which we could never do before. (I might also add that our points are still worth twice as much as Nectar/Tesco Clubcard points.) 

    1435760826
    JM88 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1212
    • Joined: 12 Nov 2014

    I like what you suggest jess. If it was possible it would be great if the tech wizards could double everyones existing oh points (thats if the new rate is half of the old) and then any points earnt after the launch would be worth the new value.

    that way nobodys points would lose value, and those just starting wouldnt be miffed because they wouldnt have been aware of the old system.

    Of course that wouldnt be as simple as it sounds!

    Fwiw i think any change usually has negative feedback as people are like that, we like routine and things how they are (in all aspects of life) so often the "unknown" is something feared and disliked. I dont necessarily think thats a bad thing per se, as its human nature, but i do think pointing the blame directly at a target, which has been done on this thread, is uncalled for.

    1435762262
    Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2250
    • Joined: 24 Oct 2012

    Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

    Secondly, since almost the very beginning of the original scheme, you (the customer) have asked, pleaded and begged us to make them spendable like cash for part payments. We always said no to this feature, and our scheme ran very much like Boots Advantage points (higher value, few spending opportunities) in the past.

    Now we've brought them more in line with the far more popular Nectar points scheme (lower value, better spending opportunities) not to make it worse, or trick you, or whatever else it is that people seem to think we're doing. We are genuinely listening to your feedback, and creating a scheme that is as close to the one you've been asking us for for years, without it damaging us as a company.

    This is what's been going through my head. I haven't been here that long (relatively) and the amount of times people asked/demanded that they should be able to spend them as part payment was amusingly high considering the amount who are now outraged that it happened. I know the outrage is more to do with the reduced value than the change itself but still.

    Although I must admit I've also been bitterly thinking 'this is what YOU asked for, thanks a lot (sarcasm)' as I felt I got good use, in my head better use, out of the old scheme. Because I liked it the way it was it feels a bit 'ruined' to me. But I accept that the fact that I was clearly one of the (again relative) few who actually used it which puts me in a very biased frame of mind and it's a selfish way to think as clearly not everyone got as much use from it as I did, so I'm not complaining. I can have my moment of bitter annoyance and move on. The greater good and all that! Like I've said, I'm waiting to see these special offers as they sound like they could make it a lot more inticing.

    Out of interest Jess, would customer care not think it a bit rude if you went on and just demanded you be given more points? I can't imagine how that conversation would go lol. I don't think I'll be doing that but I'm curious :)

    1435764596
    Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2187
    • Joined: 30 Nov 2012

    Lovebirds_x wrote:

    Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

    Secondly, since almost the very beginning of the original scheme, you (the customer) have asked, pleaded and begged us to make them spendable like cash for part payments. We always said no to this feature, and our scheme ran very much like Boots Advantage points (higher value, few spending opportunities) in the past.

    Now we've brought them more in line with the far more popular Nectar points scheme (lower value, better spending opportunities) not to make it worse, or trick you, or whatever else it is that people seem to think we're doing. We are genuinely listening to your feedback, and creating a scheme that is as close to the one you've been asking us for for years, without it damaging us as a company.

    This is what's been going through my head. I haven't been here that long (relatively) and the amount of times people asked/demanded that they should be able to spend them as part payment was amusingly high considering the amount who are now outraged that it happened. I know the outrage is more to do with the reduced value than the change itself but still.

    Although I must admit I've also been bitterly thinking 'this is what YOU asked for, thanks a lot (sarcasm)' as I felt I got good use, in my head better use, out of the old scheme. Because I liked it the way it was it feels a bit 'ruined' to me. But I accept that the fact that I was clearly one of the (again relative) few who actually used it which puts me in a very biased frame of mind and it's a selfish way to think as clearly not everyone got as much use from it as I did, so I'm not complaining. I can have my moment of bitter annoyance and move on. The greater good and all that! Like I've said, I'm waiting to see these special offers as they sound like they could make it a lot more inticing.

    Out of interest Jess, would customer care not think it a bit rude if you went on and just demanded you be given more points? I can't imagine how that conversation would go lol. I don't think I'll be doing that but I'm curious :)

    Nahh! They won't think it rude, it's what we're here for! (and we've had plenty of requests already! :P )

    Were you saving your points for something specific Lovebirds_x? 

    1435764948
    EmmelinePeaches [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 125
    • Joined: 19 Apr 2009

    This new system sounds great. Being able to spend my points on anything? Yes please!

    I'm so happy to see that Lovehoney has listened to the long-term feedback of customers and finally enacted this change.

    Of course there will be some hiccups along the way--such a drastic change was always bound to come with a rough transition period--but I think it's ultimately very sensible to make Oh! Points more in line with supermarket club card points. I can imagine it will increase the turnaround on Oh! Points too.

    Very excited!

    1435765909
    Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3002
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    I never would have considered asking for my points to be treated differently by contacting customer care... I would feel I would be coming across as entitled in some way and acting demanding. Frankly I had such a low balance there was nothing on the old scheme I needed when the switch over was announced so I am not crying in my soup or anything. But if the old balance could reflect the little I had acculuated vs. being reduced I will ask if others are doing so.

    I am not personally upset at Lovehoney over this as I consider the new scheme more "usable" for everyone but I am disapointed what I had was reduced in value, even the little stash I had over there. Lovebirds or others have you contacted customer care?

    1435766061
    Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2119
    • Joined: 22 Apr 2014

    Vanessa8 wrote:

    I never would have considered asking for my points to be treated differently by contacting customer care... I would feel I would be coming across as entitled in some way and acting demanding. Frankly I had such a low balance there was nothing on the old scheme I needed when the switch over was announced so I am not crying in my soup or anything. But if the old balance could reflect the little I had acculuated vs. being reduced I will ask if others are doing so.

    I am not personally upset at Lovehoney over this as I consider the new scheme more "usable" for everyone but I am disapointed what I had was reduced in value, even the little stash I had over there. Lovebirds or others have you contacted customer care?

    Oooh I think I may have misunderstood, I thought Jess meant customer care will now give Oh! points instead of discount codes when you complain/have a problem? Or does this mean we can redeem our current points for the old value if we ask them?

    I'm so confused

    1435766421
    Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2187
    • Joined: 30 Nov 2012

    Boogaloo wrote:

    Vanessa8 wrote:

    I never would have considered asking for my points to be treated differently by contacting customer care... I would feel I would be coming across as entitled in some way and acting demanding. Frankly I had such a low balance there was nothing on the old scheme I needed when the switch over was announced so I am not crying in my soup or anything. But if the old balance could reflect the little I had acculuated vs. being reduced I will ask if others are doing so.

    I am not personally upset at Lovehoney over this as I consider the new scheme more "usable" for everyone but I am disapointed what I had was reduced in value, even the little stash I had over there. Lovebirds or others have you contacted customer care?

    Oooh I think I may have misunderstood, I thought Jess meant customer care will now give Oh! points instead of discount codes when you complain/have a problem? Or does this mean we can redeem our current points for the old value if we ask them?

    I'm so confused

    We've often given Oh! points as good will gestures in the past, along with discount codes. I'm sure these things will continue as normal. 

    We're not saying "yeah just get in touch and we'll do whatever you like", but if you're really really disappointed because you were saving for something specific, we're more than happy to work with you to appease some of the disappointment however we can. We might just give you a chunk of extra points, or we might send you a little something, but the only way to find out is to talk to us. (I'm not even 100% sure what customer care have been authorised to do, but we all know they're a great bunch who'll bend over backwards to help however they can so if you're totally bummed, get in touch.) 

    Boogaloo - were you saving for something specific? 

    1435766543
    Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2187
    • Joined: 30 Nov 2012

    EmmelinePeaches wrote:

    This new system sounds great. Being able to spend my points on anything? Yes please!

    I'm so happy to see that Lovehoney has listened to the long-term feedback of customers and finally enacted this change.

    Of course there will be some hiccups along the way--such a drastic change was always bound to come with a rough transition period--but I think it's ultimately very sensible to make Oh! Points more in line with supermarket club card points. I can imagine it will increase the turnaround on Oh! Points too.

    Very excited!

    yes yes yes yes yes yes

    1435766651
    Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2119
    • Joined: 22 Apr 2014

    Ah no, not really. I was saving for something specific which you helped me buy before the old scheme ended, but sadly that had to be returned, so there isn't anything else I've been meaning to buy since before the new scheme launched. Would seem unfair to try and work around it in this case I think!

    But thanks for the information :)

    1435767413
    Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2187
    • Joined: 30 Nov 2012

    Boogaloo wrote:

    Ah no, not really. I was saving for something specific which you helped me buy before the old scheme ended, but sadly that had to be returned, so there isn't anything else I've been meaning to buy since before the new scheme launched. Would seem unfair to try and work around it in this case I think!

    But thanks for the information :)

    Aww bad luck, sorry you had to return your toy! 

    1435768552
    Lorah13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 669
    • Joined: 8 Jun 2013

    I was no where near my something specific that I was saving for on the old scheme so I'm not drastically disappointed by the difference in value of my points. Like with boots and sainsburys im just glad to get something back for nothing and will look forward to putting them towards something eventually (as long as they don't disappear after a year without me realising, though I think it's already been said emails will be sent if they are due to expire?), even if it's not the thing I was saving for initially anyway, which in all fairness I probably would never have saved enough for! I may at some point if I get the right discounts etc put them towards the other item I had my eye on as second best in the old scheme. And in reality we can't really complain when you think about all the items that get sent out for free as testers, the value of them all put together is probably far more than any luxury item, and they cost us nothing! What other companies do that for their customers?! Lovehoneys customer service is still the best by far, and all these benefits far outweigh the disappointment in decreased oh points value for me personally.

    1435771892
    Ruby Red Slippers [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 772
    • Joined: 17 Aug 2014

    Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

    Boogaloo wrote:

    Vanessa8 wrote:

    I never would have considered asking for my points to be treated differently by contacting customer care... I would feel I would be coming across as entitled in some way and acting demanding. Frankly I had such a low balance there was nothing on the old scheme I needed when the switch over was announced so I am not crying in my soup or anything. But if the old balance could reflect the little I had acculuated vs. being reduced I will ask if others are doing so.

    I am not personally upset at Lovehoney over this as I consider the new scheme more "usable" for everyone but I am disapointed what I had was reduced in value, even the little stash I had over there. Lovebirds or others have you contacted customer care?

    Oooh I think I may have misunderstood, I thought Jess meant customer care will now give Oh! points instead of discount codes when you complain/have a problem? Or does this mean we can redeem our current points for the old value if we ask them?

    I'm so confused

    We've often given Oh! points as good will gestures in the past, along with discount codes. I'm sure these things will continue as normal.

    We're not saying "yeah just get in touch and we'll do whatever you like", but if you're really really disappointed because you were saving for something specific, we're more than happy to work with you to appease some of the disappointment however we can. We might just give you a chunk of extra points, or we might send you a little something, but the only way to find out is to talk to us. (I'm not even 100% sure what customer care have been authorised to do, but we all know they're a great bunch who'll bend over backwards to help however they can so if you're totally bummed, get in touch.)

    Aww that's so nice of you guys! But I'd feel a bit cheeky contacting customer care to say 'I want my swan - make it happen please! so I think I'll just wait until Christmas and if there's something I like in the sale I should be able to get it for a great price by combining oh points and the amazing discount. Can't believe I'm thinking about xmas on 1st July!

    1435772000
    Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2250
    • Joined: 24 Oct 2012

    Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

    Lovebirds_x wrote:

    Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

    Secondly, since almost the very beginning of the original scheme, you (the customer) have asked, pleaded and begged us to make them spendable like cash for part payments. We always said no to this feature, and our scheme ran very much like Boots Advantage points (higher value, few spending opportunities) in the past.

    Now we've brought them more in line with the far more popular Nectar points scheme (lower value, better spending opportunities) not to make it worse, or trick you, or whatever else it is that people seem to think we're doing. We are genuinely listening to your feedback, and creating a scheme that is as close to the one you've been asking us for for years, without it damaging us as a company.

    This is what's been going through my head. I haven't been here that long (relatively) and the amount of times people asked/demanded that they should be able to spend them as part payment was amusingly high considering the amount who are now outraged that it happened. I know the outrage is more to do with the reduced value than the change itself but still.

    Although I must admit I've also been bitterly thinking 'this is what YOU asked for, thanks a lot (sarcasm)' as I felt I got good use, in my head better use, out of the old scheme. Because I liked it the way it was it feels a bit 'ruined' to me. But I accept that the fact that I was clearly one of the (again relative) few who actually used it which puts me in a very biased frame of mind and it's a selfish way to think as clearly not everyone got as much use from it as I did, so I'm not complaining. I can have my moment of bitter annoyance and move on. The greater good and all that! Like I've said, I'm waiting to see these special offers as they sound like they could make it a lot more inticing.

    Out of interest Jess, would customer care not think it a bit rude if you went on and just demanded you be given more points? I can't imagine how that conversation would go lol. I don't think I'll be doing that but I'm curious :)

    Nahh! They won't think it rude, it's what we're here for! (and we've had plenty of requests already! :P )

    Were you saving your points for something specific Lovebirds_x?

    Nope, I was but you very kindly helped me order it before the changeover. Like I said, was merely curious :)

    Vanessa8, no I haven't got in touch. I'm not in the 'really disappointed' category and only have like 1000 and something points anyway so don't have any reason to, the only thing I've used live chat for was to close my old account so I'm just nosey as to what happens when you do contact them with something like this, anywhere else you'd likely be told to bog off so it's nice to hear they'll actually help!

    1435781369

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1479
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2013

    After Jess said they've had plenty of requests already, I made myself courage and did contact them about my points. (I needed to anyway because I'd like my points transferred back from the .eu site to the .co.uk one!) I am not proud having done it, but I have about 10k points piled up that went from a value of £50 to a value of £20... Given I never really used my points on anything hoping to save them up for a real luxurious treat I wouldn't normally spend for (but not yet had my eyes set on anything particular in the old scheme), this is a bummer for me. I'm not pretending anything though; I just asked if there is anything they might think of in terms of the original "compromise idea" quoted on the previous page of this thread. The customer service kindly replied they've taken it to "higher levels" and will get back to me in a couple of days.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.