• A few questions about public wishlists

    1432752241
    pee-fetish-girl [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 10
    • Joined: 19 May 2015

    I'm new here so sorry about these questions..

    If someone buys you something from your wishlist, is it signed delivery and do you get notified about it?

    How often do people on here buy stuff for people just for the sake of being kind?

    Is it worth me making my wish list public?

    and lastly..what's the most expensive thing a stranger has bought you from your wishlist? ;) xx

    1432752617
    sleepycelia [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 728
    • Joined: 9 Jan 2011

    It's still tracked delivery and as far as I know you don't get notified unless someone's bought you something that has to be sent by a courier other than Royal Mail, which I think is only for especially long items? A forum pal bought me a crop a while ago and I got an email notification about it from the courier company stating a delivery date, but that's the only wishlist surprise I've had where I've been notified! It might have changed by now, it was a while ago.

    1432753271
    Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2078
    • Joined: 24 Oct 2012

    No you don't get notified, although if you miss the delivery your postman would pop a card through your door as usual.

    People buy things for each other fairly often on here, but they buy things for their forum friends or people who have made an impression on them in some way or even just because they have recieved a gift themselves and they want to pay it forward, they don't select a wishlist at random and buy off it. Would you yourself buy a sex toy for a random forum member that you'd never interacted with? Not likely.

    By all means make it public, but don't expect anyone to buy things for you as that isn't entirely the point to either the forum or public wishlists! I'd also point out that 'begging' for gifts (however subtle) is generally frowned upon here, so I wouldn't do so.

    Price isn't exactly relevant when someone has been so kind and generous as to buy you a little (or not so little) gift, as they say it's the thought that counts. It's not some sort of competition and I would be pretty horrified if people who had recieved gifts began to compare the material cost of the goods in that manner! :/

    Overall, I'd forget about the prospect of getting gifts and just enjoy the community. After all, they are supposed to be a surprise if/when they happen! :)

    1432753964
    pee-fetish-girl [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 10
    • Joined: 19 May 2015

    Lovebirds_x,

    I honestly wasn't hinting I wanted gifts. I was genuinely just curious as to how it works. and I was asking about expensive gifts because I wanted to start conversation, sorry you took it that way. :)

    1432754125
    Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2845
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014


    If you want to be a tester you need to keep your tester list public. I find the private list setting nice when I am wanting a partner to look at some ideas I have before I order as well.

    1432755125
    Never know [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1680
    • Joined: 29 Nov 2014

    I'm not going to lie, I like public wish lists because I'm nosey. I like to see what other people have reviewed and what other people want to buy, this helps me understand their likes and dislikes. It's useful for when you are trying to decide what to get by seeing reviews and recommendations from people who have similar tastes to you.

    In a way it also helped me feel part of the community. There's a fun forum game where you can say what you would buy from someone's wish list. You obviously need a public wishlist for this. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/636565-the-what-would-you-buy-on-my-wishlist-game/

    I also think the option to gift others is a lovely idea and really brings people together as a little (or big in some cases) gift can really make someone's day and mean so much.

    1432755501
    Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2845
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    Never know wrote:

    I'm not going to lie, I like public wish lists because I'm nosey. I like to see what other people have reviewed and what other people want to buy, this helps me understand their likes and dislikes. It's useful for when you are trying to decide what to get by seeing reviews and recommendations from people who have similar tastes to you.

    +1 I have stalked a few people's lists and found some intereresting ideas to add to mind that I might no thave considered.

    1432755765
    Never know [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1680
    • Joined: 29 Nov 2014

    Vanessa8 wrote:

    Never know wrote:

    I'm not going to lie, I like public wish lists because I'm nosey. I like to see what other people have reviewed and what other people want to buy, this helps me understand their likes and dislikes. It's useful for when you are trying to decide what to get by seeing reviews and recommendations from people who have similar tastes to you.

    +1 I have stalked a few people's lists and found some intereresting ideas to add to mind that I might no thave considered.

    There's so many products on sale here I don't think there's a day that goes by I don't see something new on here. Like today, ass berry. It's a thing! http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15378

    1432755906
    pee-fetish-girl [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 10
    • Joined: 19 May 2015

    thanks for that idea! i'm now going to stalk peoples wish lists to find stuff I might like, starting with both of yours! ;)

    1432756670
    Never know [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1680
    • Joined: 29 Nov 2014

    Enjoy

    1432757702
    Ink and Kink [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2074
    • Joined: 21 Apr 2014

    Lovebirds_x wrote:

    No you don't get notified, although if you miss the delivery your postman would pop a card through your door as usual.

    People buy things for each other fairly often on here, but they buy things for their forum friends or people who have made an impression on them in some way or even just because they have recieved a gift themselves and they want to pay it forward, they don't select a wishlist at random and buy off it. Would you yourself buy a sex toy for a random forum member that you'd never interacted with? Not likely.

    By all means make it public, but don't expect anyone to buy things for you as that isn't entirely the point to either the forum or public wishlists! I'd also point out that 'begging' for gifts (however subtle) is generally frowned upon here, so I wouldn't do so.

    Price isn't exactly relevant when someone has been so kind and generous as to buy you a little (or not so little) gift, as they say it's the thought that counts. It's not some sort of competition and I would be pretty horrified if people who had recieved gifts began to compare the material cost of the goods in that manner! :/

    Overall, I'd forget about the prospect of getting gifts and just enjoy the community. After all, they are supposed to be a surprise if/when they happen! :)

    Couldn't have put it better myself, my dear...
    1432758247
    Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 11367
    • Joined: 20 Aug 2014

    Lovebirds_x wrote:

    No you don't get notified, although if you miss the delivery your postman would pop a card through your door as usual.

    People buy things for each other fairly often on here, but they buy things for their forum friends or people who have made an impression on them in some way or even just because they have recieved a gift themselves and they want to pay it forward, they don't select a wishlist at random and buy off it. Would you yourself buy a sex toy for a random forum member that you'd never interacted with? Not likely.

    By all means make it public, but don't expect anyone to buy things for you as that isn't entirely the point to either the forum or public wishlists! I'd also point out that 'begging' for gifts (however subtle) is generally frowned upon here, so I wouldn't do so.

    Price isn't exactly relevant when someone has been so kind and generous as to buy you a little (or not so little) gift, as they say it's the thought that counts. It's not some sort of competition and I would be pretty horrified if people who had recieved gifts began to compare the material cost of the goods in that manner! :/

    Overall, I'd forget about the prospect of getting gifts and just enjoy the community. After all, they are supposed to be a surprise if/when they happen! :)

    +1 :)

    1432760078
    JM88 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1174
    • Joined: 12 Nov 2014

    When you get a present do you get an invoice type thing that lets you know its a gift?

    Ive seen a few people say they have had to ask live chat if it was a gift or if it was sent in error, but i always kind of assumed that gifts would have a standardised message on to let you know it was a gift (i would worry my account or card had been hacked!). I know theres the option of adding your own message but i can see why some people would just want it to be just a gift.

    1432760335
    Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 11367
    • Joined: 20 Aug 2014

    I received a gift and actually got cross with live chat because I thought I'd received someone else's order by mistake ! There was absolutely nothing to indicate it was a gift - was a fantastic surprise :)

    1432760994
    Friday13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 620
    • Joined: 19 Feb 2015

    Never know wrote:

    I'm not going to lie, I like public wish lists because I'm nosey. I like to see what other people have reviewed and what other people want to buy, this helps me understand their likes and dislikes. It's useful for when you are trying to decide what to get by seeing reviews and recommendations from people who have similar tastes to you.

    I already check out reviews from members who seem to have similar tastes to me but I never even thought of looking at other people's wish lists so thanks for the idea

    Thread closed

    This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.