• Important Message - Reporting a user/thread/comment/photo or more....

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

popk1n wrote:

Man I missed all this! Didn't come on here at the weekend

You didn't miss much . A poster started setting up Blog style threads with a seperate thread started for each day. So by the time it got to day 8 you already had 7 threads on the go . The activities in them were also of a questionable nature as well .

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

I think you possibly need to appoint one or two weekend moderators that can catch up on spam and posts that are deemed as inappropriate .These would need to be on a voluntary basis and probably nonstaff .Other companies do appoint none staff to become moderators

It is gradually getting worse I think with the weekend gone noticably not a good one.

Just an idea

Hi mysteron, 

Thank you for the suggestion and I am sorry this weekend was not covered, typically I do moderate many weekends but sometimes I am 'holidaying' and not around to do so. 

I do not post to let anyone know the weekends I am not around as to deter from such spamming.

Recently it has decreased and I have found many weekends I am on I have had minimal to do. This weekend was a reletively bad one also the OP was unsure how we worked as a forum and actually did not mean to spam. 

We have tried other options of intrducing moderators etc and are looking into other ways of managing so please watch this space and do not give up on us. 

Thanks 

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

mysteron wrote:

I think you possibly need to appoint one or two weekend moderators that can catch up on spam and posts that are deemed as inappropriate .These would need to be on a voluntary basis and probably nonstaff .Other companies do appoint none staff to become moderators

It is gradually getting worse I think with the weekend gone noticably not a good one.

Just an idea

Hi mysteron,

Thank you for the suggestion and I am sorry this weekend was not covered, typically I do moderate many weekends but sometimes I am 'holidaying' and not around to do so.

I do not post to let anyone know the weekends I am not around as to deter from such spamming.

Recently it has decreased and I have found many weekends I am on I have had minimal to do. This weekend was a reletively bad one also the OP was unsure how we worked as a forum and actually did not mean to spam.

We have tried other options of intrducing moderators etc and are looking into other ways of managing so please watch this space and do not give up on us.

Thanks

Well thats the crux of my idea as it would allow staff like yourself to have a break . You can't work on and on without a break and thats probably why I am tired as I sometimes with me working as a number 2 in a small company sometimes work 6 days a week .I dare say you perhaps feel the same sometimes .

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Just an idea

Hi mysteron,

Thanks

Well thats the crux of my idea as it would allow staff like yourself to have a break . You can't work on and on without a break and thats probably why I am tired as I sometimes with me working as a number 2 in a small company sometimes work 6 days a week .I dare say you perhaps feel the same sometimes .

Ah yes I know what you mean.  I am sometimes overtiming for Customer care when I am moderating , which is my own choice. I do intend to have a holiday soon though haha  

In an ideal world I would love to hand the moderation over at the weekends , and it would be perfect if we could have 24/7 moderation. We have tried processes before with little luck , so it needs a new approach. There has been discussions about who can do what and what may be involved. 

Also I do have the other half of the Bon-Jackon's pair , Jess and she pops in over holiday periods and generally helps me moderate the forum. Also I have just done some training with CC on the community so you may see some of the team pop in more so. 

I hope you are not working yourself too hard too and taking a much needed breaks for you too 

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

I'm not very active on weekends on here and I'm not sorry I missed the children pics and other crap..
    Thanks for all you and the team do LeAnn

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Thankfully I missed the children photo's too Vanessa8 but I was here for the prolific pants saga which sounds like it was a genuine rookie mistake by what Leanne has posted.

I also want to say thanks Leanne and Jess for keeping on top of the forums and ensuring that they are clear throughout the week and for doing as much as you can at the weekend. We all need our time away from work and I really don't envy your job on a Monday morning. You must be quite surprised by what awaits you that has popped up at the weekend when you are getting some well deserved time off. The mind boggles sometimes at what appears!

lmh95 I think I saw the beginning of the advetnrues in knickers posting. I commented on her first one and tried to be helpful. It seemed to me at the the time she maybe didn't understand the forumn format either.

lmh95 wrote:

Thankfully I missed the children photo's too Vanessa8 but I was here for the prolific pants saga which sounds like it was a genuine rookie mistake by what Leanne has posted.

I also want to say thanks Leanne and Jess for keeping on top of the forums and ensuring that they are clear throughout the week and for doing as much as you can at the weekend. We all need our time away from work and I really don't envy your job on a Monday morning. You must be quite surprised by what awaits you that has popped up at the weekend when you are getting some well deserved time off. The mind boggles sometimes at what appears!

Thankfully I didn't know about the childtens picture either . I think spammers know that sites are vulnerable at weekends hence the targeting .When I used to be a mod myself for a hobby forum I used to be quite busy at weekends deleting unwanted threads and posts. Only had limited powers that excluded banning orders. The Admin team used to underatke that role during the working week. Hence my user name was in green and their's in red. Just don't have the time these days .

Vanessa8 wrote:

lmh95 I think I saw the beginning of the advetnrues in knickers posting. I commented on her first one and tried to be helpful. It seemed to me at the the time she maybe didn't understand the forumn format either.

I looked at that as attention seeking and perhaps a sign of depression.

mysteron wrote:

Vanessa8 wrote:

I looked at that as attention seeking and perhaps a sign of depression.

I wasn't sure if it was just a wind up to start with but then more and more threads appeared. I know some people do get off on that type of thing but personally I have no interest and have plenty dirty underwear in my family wash basket to deal with on a daily basis to have no desire to read about anyone else's on here. I just hope that anyone who did unfortunately happen to see the children's photo/s wasn't left too distressed by it. Some things you really don't want to ever see and are really so hard to get out of your memory once seen.

You're right about the weekend mysteron. It's almost as if there is a spammer alarm set for after 5pm on a Friday and then it becomes open season. Thank goodness the other forum members on here are quick to report and comment if needed on the offending posts.

Mrs Mad Dog Me [sign in to see picture]

Read and received...... It a real shame you have to keep reminding people 😉

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

Mrs Mad Dog Me wrote:

A lot of the spammed sign up at the weekend, therefore don't know the rules. It doesn't tend to happen with regular forum users. The knicker lady was politely told that her posts weren't suitable for the site, yet she continued to post a further 7 threads. She knew what she was doing.
    Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

Mrs Mad Dog Me wrote:

A lot of the spammed sign up at the weekend, therefore don't know the rules. It doesn't tend to happen with regular forum users. The knicker lady was politely told that her posts weren't suitable for the site, yet she continued to post a further 7 threads. She knew what she was doing.
    KinkyMinxMoo [sign in to see picture]

Just wanted to bump this following the weekend, thank you all for reporting too

Thank you Leanne for bumping this thread!

I have had to hit the report button before but I have never seen this thread so may have caused the team a harder job than it needed to be (apologies Lovehoney staff!). Thanks to this threa, I now I know what information is required if I need to hit the button in the future.

For me it's one of those tasks that you need to know how to do it but hope you never have to .If you know what I mean ?

KinkyMinxMoo [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

For me it's one of those tasks that you need to know how to do it but hope you never have to .If you know what I mean ?

I do know what you mean. I am happy that I now know for certain what information is required should I need to report anything again.

KinkyMinxMoo wrote:

mysteron wrote:

I do know what you mean. I am happy that I now know for certain what information is required should I need to report anything again.

+1

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.