• Reviews on non-stocked items

HornyGeekGirl [sign in to see picture]

Hi all,

I recently reviewed a lingerie item that isn't yet stocked by Lovehoney. I was wondering if there is a way to find out how the item did in the reviews, whether Lovehoney will be stocking it, if they'll stock other varieties, and if they will when it will be available*.

Other than emailing the person who sent out the sample is there a way to find out?

I know this post is a bit cryptic but with it not currently being stocked I wasn't sure about if it was okay to say what it is.

Thanks in advance.

*Yes I really did love the product that much

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

If it gets stocked then you'll get an email like you do for a regular review, and then you'll be able to check it out when it goes live, otherwise Cazz or Jess are your best bets.

Stuburns [sign in to see picture]

I wouldn't say anything about it on here unless it gets stocked. Your review will not become live unless it gets stocked. It is more than likely you have received a secret tester and lovehoney at this time would like it to remain so.

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

I wanted to know the same thing but wasn't sure how to ask without giving it away! As sometimes they'll send emails saying reviews are live when the item isn't on the website, so It's a bit confusing.

I think once you know they're not going to stock it then that's ok to talk about - I'm thinking triangle of terror; who remembers that? David I know will, and did the badgers gave one? Or was it jeff n Gloria?

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

Im intrigued about the triangle of terror now!

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

I've reviewed several secret test products that have never gone live, some of them were quite negative reviews so I can only assume other members also gave similar reviews therefore Lovehoney decided not to stock these items .
    Although it can take some time before you get the email to say your review is now live, I've had one months after I've reviewed something secret and I'd actually forgotten all about it!

Triangle of terror?

myghost [sign in to see picture]

If the item is going to be stocked you'll usually get an e-mail to say your review is live if you hear nothing it's not something thats going to be stocked i can definitely remember 2 or 3 things i reviewed (not all negative) that have never been stocked

What if we get an email saying our review is live, when it's actually not? Does that usually mean they've decided to stock it eventually even though it's not on the website yet?

SS I've also given some terrible secret reviews, I've always wanted to know if it was just me or if others felt the same too though! I guess we'll never know ;)

If you get the email but the link isn't live then it's awaiting launch...

KeptLocked [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

If you get the email but the link isn't live then it's awaiting launch...

Oh thanks for explaining this - I did a review a couple of weeks ago and then got an email saying it was live but when I clicked on the link it said the page was unavailable.

I was thinking that I'd written something wrong or something and couldn't see the product being offered for sale either.

I have to say I was a little worried that I might have broken the rulesin some way but your answer explains it.

Cuddlekins [sign in to see picture]

I gave a very mixed review on a secret item not long back but not seen it stocked yet, So I just assume others didn't like it or it needed more reviwers.

Triangle of terror this sounds intresting

Thank you sum sub I was wondering about that! :)

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

Ah yes, the triangle of terror. The cone of confusion. The pyramid of poor quality. Just a rather banal male toy that was just so.... Blah.

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

I've received a few secret testers and my review has suddenly popped up sometimes a few months later - occasionally I've actually forgotten all about it ! I guess the powers that be sometimes need a few reviews and a little time to decide whether or not to stock a product.

HornyGeekGirl [sign in to see picture]

That's great. Thanks everyone. I'll leave this here for Cazz or Jess to see. :)

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Hey HGG

We'll send products out for review before we've launched it online for a couple of reasons. 

1) We want feedback to decide whether or not we want to stock that item or not. 
    In this instance, once we've received all of the feedback we're expecting, we make a decision to either stock the product and launch it online with your review linked, or simply do nothing. If we decide not to stock the item, you won't hear anything (but the product is yours to keep!). If we do stock it, you'll receive the usual 'Your Review is Now Live!' email.

2) Sometimes we know we'll definitely stock a certain product, but we want to give it a great launch with lots of lovely reviews from the get-go. In this instance, we send out testers and wait until we've received the feedback we're expecting. We then launch the product with everyone're reviews linked up and you receive the same 'Your Review is Now Live!' email.

So in answer to your question, if we decide against stocking an item, the only way to tell is to see that we never released the product online and that you never received your 'Now Live!' email. If we are going to stock it, you'll see it in your emails.

Chances are that if you loved the item and gave it a glowing review (and so did everyone else) we'd launch the product (usually) within a few weeks of your feedback being processed.

Sorry I can't be more specific than that - I hope that helps a bit! 

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

Jess can we have a bit of clarification regarding if we allowed to mention secret testers once its clear they arent going to be stocked?

Lovehoney - Cazz [sign in to see picture]

Just to add on to Jess' post. 

From step 1, being getting a supplier sample to the final stages of launch it can be a very long process and lots of work is involved.

-We get the sample

-the buyer's discuss the pros/cons

-it may be sent out for initial feedback review (secret tester)

-buyers evaluate the review

-buyers place order (sometimes there is a waiting time to place the order and orders do get delayed form time to time)

- once the order is placed we wait for delivery (which can take months coming overseas)

-the item arrives at lovehoney

-it is quality control checked

-booked into the warehouse

- item is added on to our system where all the work for the website begins e.g images, description and so on

- the item goes live.

This is a very basic explanation, there is a lot more involved with it but it's hard to not ramble once you get started.

So be patient, and if you ever really really need/want to know about a specific item please do email me. I am more than happy to help.

Thanks all x

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

JM88 wrote:

Jess can we have a bit of clarification regarding if we allowed to mention secret testers once its clear they arent going to be stocked?

The purpose behind not discussing secret tester items online is so that our pesky competitors don't get an insight into what we may stock in the future, and take away all our fun!

Talking about them in terms of vague descriptions is totally fine (eg: 'secret tester dress/knickers/stockings/rabbit vibe') but please refrain from describing the item in too much detail or mentioning brand or model names. 

We'd prefer it if you stuck to this level of secrecy even if you've assumed we're not stocking an item. This is because:

a) We'd rather not annoy any of our suppliers by having a jolly good moan about a particular product of their's on our website.

b) Sometimes we'll pass your feedback onto suppliers and they will make the necessary changes to an item. In those instances we may well decide to stock it at a later date. Not all decisions are final. 

:) 

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.