• Sexy Dresses?

Lovehoney - Cazz [sign in to see picture]

Who here likes to wear a 'sexy dress' similar to these > http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sexy-clothing/clubwear/dresses-clubwear/

Instead of other styles of lingerie items?

Or maybe you have never tried one but are thinking about it as your next purchase?

I am researching in to get a overall percentage and new stats on what women prefer to wear in the bedroom.

A simple yes or no is fine or a longer explanation is welcome too.

In my opinion I love the 'sexy dress' style and would pick to wear this over many other styles.

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

I'm not keen on the sexy dress style, but I think that has more to do with the fact that I'm a size 16 and not beautiful and slim like all those models! I just know that if I ordered one of those it wouldn't look as good on me as them, and I'd feel embarrassed.

I much prefer the chemises and babydoll styles. I'm also a big fan of corsets!

LittleSwitchBitch [sign in to see picture]

Yes :)

I would wear them... Not necessarily my first choice.. Depends on what I'm wearing it for x
    Liquidsugar [sign in to see picture]

I love the idea of them, and I'd love to have one, I just feel that there are limited styles for the plus size lady. After all, I really don't want a body con type of dress - I end up looking like an overstuffed sausage!

lustyjoy [sign in to see picture]

Yes definetly love them and have a couple, next thing to get once toy collection updated xxx love getting dressed for sex or wearing during the day to build the tease

atropos [sign in to see picture]

I absolutely love these styles but being a larger plus size find it difficult to find something of the right size and which I feel confident wearing.

Liquidsugar wrote:

I love the idea of them, and I'd love to have one, I just feel that there are limited styles for the plus size lady. After all, I really don't want a body con type of dress - I end up looking like an overstuffed sausage!

+1 a thousand times!

Clingy can be good sometimes, but I find that sort of style just accentuates all my wobbly bits (not the sexy kind).

Stuburns [sign in to see picture]

Love my oh wearing them. Anything nice and clingy to show off her figure works for me

LadyS [sign in to see picture]

Love them, I have a couple and there are definitely some I wouldn't mind from here x

PurpleHeart [sign in to see picture]

I think my preference is for other items. I've got a lot of other underwear I love right now. Bra sets and chemises mainly.
    I'd get a see-through dress for a sexy dance out of curiosity, but it's not high on the priority list.

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

My oh has a couple of pieces like those, but she goes through phases of what she likes to wear in the bedroom.
    Personally I've never worn owt like that

Raven93 [sign in to see picture]

I fall in to the category of loving the idea, but they aren't so good for plus size people, other wise I'd probably have a few of them by now lol.

The ladies who have said they are plus size and wouldn't wear them or have not worn one before - is that because there isn't enough variety to choose form as in styles of sexy dresses or is it down to the brand sizing issue that it does not cater to sexy plus size ladies?

It really interests me peoples views and opinions on lingerie :)

AsYouWish! [sign in to see picture]

My OH likes these and looks fantastic in them. If we are having an adult night she often wears one for dinner and then we are in the mood!

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

The ladies who have said they are plus size and wouldn't wear them or have not worn one before - is that because there isn't enough variety to choose form as in styles of sexy dresses or is it down to the brand sizing issue that it does not cater to sexy plus size ladies?

A bit of both I'd say. Looking at that page you linked to, 95% of all the models are really slim and gorgeous, that immedietly puts me off as I know I don't look like that. There isn't much variety for larger ladies, and I worry that if the styles are too clingy they won't look flattering on my figure anyway.

mrs.hiskett [sign in to see picture]

Boogaloo wrote:

Liquidsugar wrote:

i agree . The fit is clinging to body so very unflaterring.

+1 a thousand times!

Clingy can be good sometimes, but I find that sort of style just accentuates all my wobbly bits (not the sexy kind).

i agree here the fit is very unflattering especially around my handles. Cazz i think the style is more problem not sizing . As scrolling down the lonk they all look same style cling to fat
    LibraLover [sign in to see picture]

I have one of these dresses http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26019 and wear it out (with safety shorts underneath!) but not for the bedroom. I prefer softer skimpier fabrics for the bedroom, which some there might have, but my wetlook one is too thick and feels/looks like clothing, not lingerie.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

I agree with the ladies here that there isn't enough choice for the larger size. As well as big boobs my Mrs has got very long legs and finds shopping for clothes a mare . Maybe LH could help here and introduce more lingerie and dresses aimed at the more curvy ladies . I like the LH branded stuff as it is usually well researched. and very good quality .

I have read some where that the trend is for girls now to get bigger but yet we still provide ranges only suitable for the smaller frame.

Liquidsugar [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

It's due to both really. Most brands don't cater for plus sizes, and if they do they usually offer the same style, but just make it bigger. For me that's not appropriate, as us bigger ladies don't usually suit the exact same styles as slimmer women - we need more support/ little less tight/ cinched in different places, etc.

So, in an ideal world there would be more variety of style. Preferably designed specifically for larger women.

Thank you for your feedback LiquidSugar :)

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.