• Mission: Flirty Knickers. Success!

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

I agree, they are too good to go without!! Really hoping I can get a replacement, but not sure as it was a free tester, they might say I have to buy another pair or something. Which to be honest, I wouldn't spend money on any more after seeing how quickly these have broken, even though I think they look gorgeous.

PurpleHeart [sign in to see picture]

This is very unfortunate. I wouldn't stay away from buying more just because of 1 possibly faulty one. I've worn and washed mine about 5 times now and it's as good as new.

Aqualaria [sign in to see picture]

What a surprise! No larger sizes :-(

Then again, most knicker retailers don't think larger women should wear thongs, so LH are exactly "on message" here.

Never know [sign in to see picture]

Aqualaria wrote:

Then again, most knicker retailers don't think larger women should wear thongs, so LH are exactly "on message" here.

This has been suggested a lot recently on the pander to me thread. You might want to keep an eye on there.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/74088-pander-to-me/

Mine have just rrived!

They are perfect! I have already added more to my wish List!

They are gorgeous aren't they, Never Know, and really comfy ☺️

If I manage to get a replacement for my broken pair and that one is okay, then I'll probably buy some more (as long as I don't wait too long and the offer ends) xx

The colours are so cool! So bright and fun. I have just sorted through my everyday underwear and was shocked at how boring it all was! So I'm throwing a load out and treating myself to some more fun pants and leaving the boring ones for work only!

I love lace too. Had I thought about it a bit more I think my screen name should have been lace lover or something!

I hope you're replacements are okay for you.

Oh and hopefully that offer is on for a while. Fingers crossed no one misses out!

PurpleHeart [sign in to see picture]

Never know wrote:

Oh and hopefully that offer is on for a while. Fingers crossed no one misses out!

If it's on long enough, I might just end up getting all of them! *fingers crossed*

PurpleHeart wrote:

Never know wrote:

If it's on long enough, I might just end up getting all of them! *fingers crossed*

Challenge! I'll race you ;)

LibraLover [sign in to see picture]

Out of the three I got to test, one (boyshorts) was falling apart on arrival and a chunk of the knicker went missing in the wash (handwash in the machine which all since are surviving fine), LH reckoned they were faulty from my review (and I sent them back so they can see what went wrong) and sent me another pair to review. The three I have now are good quality, and washing fine, and I have three more on the way (ordered a size up for the bikini briefs though). I really didn't need anymore knickes but didn't want to miss out on the 3 for £12!

As for larger sizes, I really don't think Lovehoney don't want larger women wearing thongs! It makes sense for them to stock the most common sizes. They may also be seeing how well these sell before expanding to bigger (and smaller) sizes. The smallest size in these is S/M which fit my size 10 bum perfectly, so those who are size 8 and under may also find they don't fit!! Nothing to do with LH thinking larger women shouldn't wear sexy underwear!

LibraLover fingers crossed mine were faulty and I get a replacement then! Otherwise I kinda wish I could edit my review and mention that the build quality wasn't as it initially seemed.

As a plus size woman myself, I can understand why people feel LH don't want them wearing thongs. There is a far wider range of lingerie for slimmer women, despite the fact that the average dress size in the UK is size 16, and around 45% of women are size 16 or above. However, I can see that they are making an effort to expand their range, it's just a shame that we have to wait so much longer than others.

From LHs point of view, maybe they think that plus size stuff doesn't sell as well and don't want to take the risk, but it still does nothing to make us ladies feel 'equal' to everyone else. And yes, you could argue that we should just lose weight and then we could buy from the normal range, but that's a whole other argument. 😛

But like I said, they're making an effort and do have a fairly good plus size range already, which is more than I can say for other shops. I've seen a couple of posts on Inside Lovehoney talking about plus size lingerie testers, unfortunately I didn't get chosen so I have no idea what their new stuff will be like, but I look forward to seeing it.

I really just think they stock sizes that sell, although the average size is 16, the average Lovehoney shopper or one that buys lacey knickers might be a 12 or 14?

I have an awkward bra size (30E) and it can be hard to find sexy bras in this size, LH have 3 bras in 30E on their site, but that doesn't mean Lovehoney think I shouldn't wear sexy bras!!

It used to be the same with shoes. I'm a UK 3 which most shops stock now, but a few years ago it was very hard for me to find anything in the adult section, is that because shoe company's don't want people with small feet wearing sexy heels? No, I don't think so.

It would be great if LH start making them in more sizes, I just really don't think Lovehoney, the sexual happiness people, are trying to send a message that anyone of any size shouldn't wear sexy underwear!

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

Aqualaria wrote:

With the previous ranges larger sizes became available over time. I'm sure there is an explaination that has a lot more to do with business/demand and a lot less to do with 'larger women shouldn't wear thongs' as to why they only have smaller sizes right now :)

I never said I think LH are trying to say that, I just said I can understand why larger women would think that. It may be harder for you to understand if you're not plus sized, but I'm sure you can appreciate the frustration as you say you have an unusual bra size. I'm on both sides, I'm a size 16-18 so sexy underwear is harder to come by, and I'm also a 36GG, so I should just give up now... 😛

I have no doubt they will expand their range like I said. I understand the logistics behind it and why they only stock smaller sizes in some cases. It doesn't mean that it makes us feel any better though 😞

I just read that back, I hope I didn't come across as rude! Not my intention, just passionate about sexy undies for sexy plus size ladies 😉

Boogaloo wrote:

I never said I think LH are trying to say that

Sorry, I know you didn't say that! Aqualaria did which is what I was initially responding too. I can understand why larger women might feel like this as the media etc can say these things, I was just trying to say that I don't think this is what Lovehoney is doing! :)

Boogaloo wrote:

I just read that back, I hope I didn't come across as rude! Not my intention, just passionate about sexy undies for sexy plus size ladies 😉

That's ok, I probably came off more brash then I meant to too! :/

Haha that's okay, I don't think you were brash :)

I know what you were saying, and I agree with you :)

Haha yay!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.