• Do you own a sex doll? A BBC radio station wants to talk to you!

Subdom27 [sign in to see picture]

I think some of those people were representative of the small-minded people there are in society. Just remember that there would have been loads of other people who heard the show and saw the Facebook post that see the normality within using a doll. Maybe even some who use one, but didn't comment for fear of reprisal.

Skitty [sign in to see picture]

I agree with Subdom. When I heard the people calling in I just couldn't believe how backward and boring and uptight they all were. I guess that either they really are like that and are horribly narrow-minded but probably miss out on a lot of life because of how rigidly they stick to what how they think they're 'supposed' to be... Or maybe it's one of those situations where people are curious and more open-minded than they'd like to admit, and are unfortunately so weak-willed and worried about what people think that they have to be negative about it because they don't want to seem like they're different.

Either way, I think Flaneur is a much cooler person for being open and honest about things even when other people aren't understanding about it. I think that the sort of people commenting about it clearly have their own preconceptions about the whole issue, probably formed solely from television, and are the sort of people who can't bear to have their outdated opinions challenged by actually listening to what someone with experience on the matter has to say about it. People like that will only hear exactly what they expected to hear and go away thinking exactly the same as if they'd never listened. Depressing, but I'm sure that there were also some people who listened and felt totally differently to the commenters but it's more difficult to stand up and say you have a different opinion.

Subdom27 [sign in to see picture]

Wow... well said, Skitty ☺

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.