• Do you own a sex doll? A BBC radio station wants to talk to you!

Lovehoney - Saz [sign in to see picture]

Hi everyone, me again!

We're looking for someone who owns/has used a sex doll for a feature on a BBC radio station.

The radio station is BBC Radio WM and the feature would be on The Caroline Martin Show this week.

You can use your name or remain anonymous - that is completely up to you.

If you'd be interested in getting involved, email press@lovehoney.co.uk ASAP.

The person chosen to speak on the radio will receive a Lovehoney own-brand item of their choice worth £50 or less.

Thanks!

Sally

flaneur [sign in to see picture]

emailed. I'm all yours.

For anyone who wants to hear me on the show. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02kgcvh#auto

Fast forward to 1:11:00 and it's at the end of Shania Twain.

It was a very interesting experience, I was called by someone else beforehand and then was transferred to Shania Twain half way through. It was strange hearing the show and suddenly being spoken to by the radio, I hadn't really experienced that before, The questions were pretty much as I expected, it was hard trying to go into as little detail about the sexual side as possible and trying to remember that it was a lunchtime show.

Here's some feedback from the BBC - "Everyone was engaged and the phone blew up. People understood where you’re coming from."

Hopefully some people heard it live and many more people flock towards Lovehoney.

Thank you Sally for the opportunity.

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

well done. I'd proberbly freeze and get my words muddled up!

delilahxx [sign in to see picture]

It was really interesting, you did well. She did seem to have some trouble deciding how to word the questions!

What toy are you going to choose?

@Purring-Pussy. I did struggle a bit with getting the words out particularly at the start, I managed to get around it for the most part. I didn't really answer the question about what I'd do if another woman came in to my life. I'd just leave the doll hidden or stored away for the duration of the relationship.

@delilahxx - It was a tricky subject for both of us I think, she definitely seemed to be taken aback by the whole washing out the insert comment, (as did one of the subsequent callers). I was surprised a bit that people still thought that love dolls were all inflatable, those ones burst quickly and have their orifice where the belly button would normally be.

I am struggling big time with what toy to have as all of the male ones are a lot less than £50 and I don't think I'm allowed to have more than one even if the total is still less than £50. A week ago it would have been simple and I would have just got the wand, but I did that in the 3 for £50 last weekend, so I could have 2 wands, one for the hummer and the other for the prostate and use them both together. I would prefer to go for http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30973 and a prostate massager attachment for the wand.

I'll ask the question and let you know what I decide.

I've just listened to the rest of the show and some of the people who called in made me laugh, at least the show will be remembered.

That was my 15 minutes of fame anyway.

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

I'd ask if I could buy gift vouchers worth £50

KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]

flaneur wrote:

For anyone who wants to hear me on the show. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02kgcvh#auto

Fast forward to 1:11:00 and it's at the end of Shania Twain.

It was a very interesting experience, I was called by someone else beforehand and then was transferred to Shania Twain half way through. It was strange hearing the show and suddenly being spoken to by the radio, I hadn't really experienced that before, The questions were pretty much as I expected, it was hard trying to go into as little detail about the sexual side as possible and trying to remember that it was a lunchtime show.

Here's some feedback from the BBC - "Everyone was engaged and the phone blew up. People understood where you’re coming from."

Hopefully some people heard it live and many more people flock towards Lovehoney.

Thank you Sally for the opportunity.

Well done you should be proud of yourself

Sarahgee [sign in to see picture]

Well done :) just had a listen. I thought they would try and put you accross as creepy but, you really held your own! X

I've deicded to go for the Wand and have done so I'll now have 2 of them and I can use the hummer and a prostate massager together.

Thanks for all the comments, I wished I'd listened to the rest of the show. It was hilarious how prudish the rest of the callers were about the whole doll situation. Luckily I didn't have to answer questions about my fetish.

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

Well done flaneur... Just had a listen and thought you did really well, and should be proud of yourself :) xx

Skitty [sign in to see picture]

You did a really great job explaining yourself. Really really eloquent. I find it amazing how giggly the other people found the discussion though.

I think people get more confused about dolls because of them being human-shaped, as though because it's shaped like that it has to necessarily be a substitute for a person rather than it being a toy.

Anyway, great job with it. Enjoy your wand! x

capricorn13 [sign in to see picture]

Just listened to your interview. You did really well. It saddens me how small minded some of the callers were.

Little Strummer Boy [sign in to see picture]

well done mate. very brave of you

Thanks guys and girls, that's the beauty of being anonymous. I was even trying to avoid sexual detail throughout. I can't believe that someone actually had to pull over onto the hard shoulder because of my description of using a love doll, not to mention removing an insert to clean it. Lucky they didn't ask me to compare it to real sex, it sounds like I would have caused some crashes there.

It seems like there are too many 1000 times missionary men around, they don't realise how much else there is to sex. They reminded me of the reaction of children after they are told about the birds and the bees. Some are disgusted and some can't stop laughing. I could have gone into so much more detail in my description of my different inserts too.

One of the funny things is I was called the day before and asked similar questions off air. The woman who called me had no difficulty talking about the whole subject of dolls and sex toys. The same can be said about the person who transferred me to the main interview. I'd hate to see some of these peoples' reactions to the content of this forum. Agalmatophilia is harmless at the end of the day.

Lovehoney - Paige [sign in to see picture]

This was really interesting! Well done, I would never have the confidence to do that!

Lovehoney - Paige wrote:

This was really interesting! Well done, I would never have the confidence to do that!

Anything for Lovehoney. A whole load of the UK staff managed 2 tv shows over here, I would never have been able to talk about dolls on tv while I still need to work for a living and my parents are around.

Subdom27 [sign in to see picture]

Just had a listen, Flaneur. Well done! I would have had been so nervous having to talk for that long on the radio. Good work!

[suspended user]

suspended user

Well done! :)

This is what they thought on facebook.https://www.facebook.com/bbcwm scroll down to 12th March 13:05

I was expecting most of the comments to be like that. The Only Fools and Horses comments sum it up quite well. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32583 This is the "latex" "inflatable" doll these people are referring to. That episode was broadcast in 1989, at least doll technology has moved forwards.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.