• Treating someone to a wishlist gift?

[suspended user]

suspended user

I think it's a lovely idea :)

fantasia fairy [sign in to see picture]

All of these comments are awesome thank you!

Sarah same! My next purchase is 100% for one of my friends :)

Delboy1991 [sign in to see picture]

What a lovely idea. I would love to join! Maybe we should have a birthday thread

Delboy1991 [sign in to see picture]

As in where everyone comments there birthday. I know there is a happy birthday one x

AsYouWish! [sign in to see picture]

I was not trying to cause a chain of compulsory giving. I just thought it was such a kind idea that some people touched by such kindness might want to spread that joy.

pinkanimal [sign in to see picture]

I have had a gift when I was at my lowest after finding out my womb had tilted again and I would probably need another operation. It was the nicest surprise I've ever had.
    And I have also gifted a present to someone when they were low and needed cheering up.
    It's a lovely idea.

twincats [sign in to see picture]

You sound a lovely and generous person. Hopeful you will be gifted back for you thoughtful thoughts. Hope your experiences our most enjoyable. Happy pleasure.

menyanthe [sign in to see picture]

I have actually done that a couple of times - surprising people from the forum with a tiny gift. The feeling is great - making someone happy. I really like making gifts - even more than receiving them.

Now, my last order, most of it anyway, is actually a gift for a special friend of mine. And I can't wait to see their reaction when they get it!

People on this forum often buy each other gifts - there is even a topic about that - for the people who receive the gifts to say they have received them!

Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]

I recently got a gift, it's lovely knowing someone knew you wanted something and wanted to get you it

pest [sign in to see picture]

What a wonderful idea. I'm new to this LH and can't get over how friendly and helpful you lot are xx

Sinenomine thats a good idea!

and the birthday thread

in fact there are many good ideas here, i love the idea of randomly and anon gifting someone who is having a bad day

LilHorror [sign in to see picture]

I like the gift giving idea but I would not just give thm out. I would only send them to people I feel I have made a connection with over time :)

john69 [sign in to see picture]

What a lovely and generous idea!!! Don't ever think you would be considered creepy, you're a warm hearted generous person who loves to see other people happy. I'm the same sort of person, I enjoy much more to give than to have, which sometimes has caused problems within my family. They tell me that I give too much and they can never pay it back and I'm telling them it's not the idea by giving to expect something back. It is, as you say, the joy of seeing other people happy.

kinky wife [sign in to see picture]

I don't think that's creepy I think its a lovely idea you never no if someone's having a hard time it may just change it round and give them something to smile about I would love to do something like this but having 3 children takes a toll on funds x

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

Does anyone know if you can use your Oh points to send a gift to someone ? This would enable anyone who is a little strapped for cash to send a gift if it's something they would like to do.

menyanthe [sign in to see picture]

john69, I have the same problem. Even recently I had an argument with my husband that I am giving too much to my friends and I don't get that much in return. Which actually shocked me - I have never done it to receive back. Whenever I can help someone, I do it and only by helping them, it gives me such joy, I believe I do it more for me rather than for others.

Terri JJ, it is not possible. At least not for the moment.

You guys.....for real are amazing. Im so happy that ive got support for this! I'm going to be sending out my first gift this week...I'm not sure who yet but its happening!

Its definatly about the giving and knowing youve put a smile on someones face :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.