• Post Office Collection - EMBARASSMENT!!

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

Lol! No dignity, no privacy...too true! :)

Cuddlekins [sign in to see picture]

I use my local post office a lot and the one in the next village as that one does tax and my local one doesn't.

I've handed over the parcels for return and they still stay the cheery selves they still say hello and ask how the family is etc.

Relax you know what is in the box they don't, I even had help sending an old IPhone back to my dad as I was unsure about the battery and they helped unpack the parcel and pack it back up and even found cheaper posting costs for me.

Posties and the post office workers aren't spying on your secret items relax with the person and if they start being strange either report them or ignore them.

Cuddlekins [sign in to see picture]

Oh and giving birth means dignity lives on another planet

sassykitten;) [sign in to see picture]

Lovebirds_x wrote:

sassykitten;) wrote:

Although I admire lh fir tgeir privacy im upset to read this about thus great company n somewhat puts me off order a little bit as I still live with my oarents etc n privacy is important to me.

This is the point. If it's just arriving at your house your parents have no way of knowing what is inside. It doesn't say anywhere on the parcel where it is from. OP is talking about the post office knowing because they scanned the barcode and their system showed up LOVEHONEY instead of the secret phrase, which is what is written on the parcels. Unless your parents open your post they'll never know

Thanks for the reply, I have no prob it arriving at home as u say they would never know, but unfortunately im not normally in when they arrive so get mum to pick up from post office etc... I have to say thou in general royalmails delivery service has going down hill recently dont know if anyone else would agree?

j&lxxxx [sign in to see picture]

LH trys to make everything as private as possible, however with thousands of customers, some will be posties, so will no who [the secret phrase] is. Either way I think most posties won't care anyway. And if the postie at the sorting office does give yoy a disaproving look, instead of being embarrassed, just leave with a big smile, happy in the knowledge that you've got a better sex life than them.

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

Cuddlekins wrote:

Oh and giving birth means dignity lives on another planet

When I had my first son, I was really timid and shy but as the contractions went on, I thought fook it, ended up walking around in just a t-shirt and the drip. When I had my 2nd, I was straight in there, didn't care. Mind you my 2nd ended up in an emergency c-section, so there was a room full of people who saw more than I could have ever imagined lol

Naughty Miss K [sign in to see picture]

Have to totally agree with those who've said about no problem with having it delivered, I've had parcels delivered to the reception of a shared property, to an 8 person house, parents and grandparents houses - no one cottons on unless they order from here themselves :)

I know someone has already said it, but guys, stop posting the secret phrase, the staff already have enough to do without chasing us all and editing it out!

Also, my postie just laughs when I get parcels cause I skip to and from the door and he can just see a head bobbing in the glass and "oooh goodie it's here!" coming through the door.

Dota [sign in to see picture]

Can i be a little harsh? I think if you're adult enough to buy adult stuff, then be adult enough when collecting it. I mean - just dont give a crap what they say or how they smirk. At the end of the day- you dont know, maybe they ordered from here too and that is why they know what stuff you have in your box.

I havent been here for a while, can anyone tell me what's the "secret phrase" fuss is all about?!

Foxxy [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney ask people not to write the 'secret phrase' which is what they call themselves on the senders label on packages. Everytime it's posted online it's easy to find on search engines, and then Lovehoney work at trying to get it removed. It's ironic, people are so concerned about privacy issues, yet they keep banding the phrase about. Yes there's still some mention of where the phrase originates online (Steph said they were having problems getting that particular post removed if I remember rightly) but it's only someone's speculation. If it's searched online now by someone being nosey wanting to know where someone's parcel has come from, it will bring them straight here. Kinda defeats the object of all this discretion really

Ok. Thanks Foxy. xx
    I just havent been here for some time so its all new to me.

crazy horse [sign in to see picture]

Blueeyes82 wrote:

Hey you lot, pop out a few kids, privacy won't be an issues, when you've had atleast 8 different midvies up your foo foo, 3 different Dr's and good knows what instruments :p

(just a lil humour,although, that was how my last birth went)

I hear ya girl! Don't forget about the jug of pee that they need to see after you've had the baby too! Lol!

Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]

Dota wrote:

Can i be a little harsh? I think if you're adult enough to buy adult stuff, then be adult enough when collecting it. I mean - just dont give a crap what they say or how they smirk. At the end of the day- you dont know, maybe they ordered from here too and that is why they know what stuff you have in your box.

totally agree, if it came with a massive poster saying SEX TOYS then I'd see why everyone's bothered, but if you live with your parents and having toys delivered to their address, they might figure out what you're doing, and so what if a postman thinks he knows where your parcel came from, they really don't care. At all. They have crazy things happen all day, your parcel is not going to be the gossip of the sorting office
    Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

crazy horse wrote:

Blueeyes82 wrote:

Hey you lot, pop out a few kids, privacy won't be an issues, when you've had atleast 8 different midvies up your foo foo, 3 different Dr's and good knows what instruments :p

(just a lil humour,although, that was how my last birth went)

I hear ya girl! Don't forget about the jug of pee that they need to see after you've had the baby too! Lol!

Ahh, the good old days lol

tanzy95 [sign in to see picture]

Although I've never worked at a post office before I've worked in customer service long enough to know that more than likely no one who works there cares whats in the packages that pass through. Once you've done a job for long enough you just do it without paying attention do the irrelevant details plus you see a lot stranger things in a customer service job than sex toys!

annaceecee123 [sign in to see picture]

your tottally right blueeyes82!

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

Personally it doesn't bother me if anyone at the post office or my regular postie knows that my parcels contain sex toys . As mentioned, once you've given birth there's very little leftover to make you embarrassed.

Anji44 [sign in to see picture]

I love the discreet way I receive my plain brown boxes from LH....but my first time returning an item caught me a little off guard. The post office worker asked "what are the contents in the box?" - I think for insurance purposes - my mind went completely blank and I blushed a bright red. Thankfully she asked "is it clothing or shoes?" and I jumped on the latter and said "Yes its shoes"....as the size of the box was very like a shoebox.

So a lesson learned there for me and a little advice to others...always say it's shoes!!

annaceecee123 [sign in to see picture]

suppose everyone has their needs to be forfilled we are only human at the end of the day!!

Kitty_Blossom [sign in to see picture]

Love honey is very disdiscreet and I have never had an issue. Though I would not be bothered about colleagues knowing where I shop, whenever I have received my parcel and colleagues have collected it they had no idea.

LH is the most discreet packaging I have come across, it is certainly more discreet than a pink paper bag that you are given from a well known high street 'toy store'.

Kitty xx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.