• New post email service

pinkanimal [sign in to see picture]

I know there was a few issues with this at first.
    I have to say I rather like it.
    At least I know for sure I will be getting my parcel. Means if I spot my post woman in the street before mine and I pop out i can just ask her to pop the parcel in the garden.
    I think it's a good thing.
    Just wanted to say that. X

[suspended user]

suspended user

I agree I think it's handy :)

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

I like it too, saves having to muck about with tracking info that doesn't always update until after it arrives!

I find the after email a little annoying though. Like...I know it has been delivered, I don't need an email...you know? Seems a wate of resource!

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

It's a good idea, least I know it's on the way and when abouts

DeadBoy [sign in to see picture]

Lovebirds_x wrote:

I like it too, saves having to muck about with tracking info that doesn't always update until after it arrives!

I find the after email a little annoying though. Like...I know it has been delivered, I don't need an email...you know? Seems a wate of resource!

An after email seems good for those of us in shared accommodation. I was waiting for my first tester product for ages, and when I checked the tracking it said it had been delivered. I asked all my housemates, and one of them had it they'd just completely forgotten! It could also happen if your neighbours take parcels for you, or the postie leaves it outside somewhere.

I haven't gotten any of these emails yet though and have had 2 lovehoney testers attempted to be delivered since they've been talked about on the forums

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

DeadBoy wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

An after email seems good for those of us in shared accommodation. I was waiting for my first tester product for ages, and when I checked the tracking it said it had been delivered. I asked all my housemates, and one of them had it they'd just completely forgotten! It could also happen if your neighbours take parcels for you, or the postie leaves it outside somewhere.

I haven't gotten any of these emails yet though and have had 2 lovehoney testers attempted to be delivered since they've been talked about on the forums

See that's my issue. You can just check the tracking. They send you an email saying it is due to be delivered that day, it doesn't arrive, you're going to wonder where it is and ask around/check tracking anyway. Don't need another email to remind you 'hey that parcel was meant to arrive' when you already have an estimated delivery date, a dispatch email with a date and tracking, an email telling you it will be delivered that day...you would already be trying to be in/making sure someone got the parcel for you as you know exactly when it is arriving (day wise if not time wise). Having an email to confirm it was delivered seems a bit pointless after all that. Tis just an annoying email to me!

Plus your postie shouldn't be leaving your parcel anywhere other than to your house or in your safe place/return to post office (what would happen with testers asd they have nothing in the box), that's what it's there for!

Would make more sense to have a 'we failed to deliver your item' email if there has to be a follow up email. Even then...you could just check your tracking and see it has been returned to the Post Office!

Just feels like spam to me.

Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]

I like it!

I dont often forget my LH purchases, but I do shop online for other items too and sometimes may forget about them being delivered. The email from Royal Mail, and indeed other delivery companies, is a god reminder on the day thatI am expecting something, so may delay that trip out to the shop for milk unti the item has arrived.

This morning I got an email form RM regarding my LH delivery. I also got an SMS from them about another delivery from another company. I knew to expect the LH delivery as I really really look forward to them, but totally forgot about the other delivery.

Skitty [sign in to see picture]

With the latest parcel I received, I got an email from royal mail on the day that it was going to be delivered and then also got a delivery confirmation after they'd delivered it.

I quite like having the initial email to say when it's going to be delivered because I hate having to faff about with tracking number links and royal mail's tracking information is quite often woeful anyway.

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

I like it too, it's a good idea. I got one yesterday.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.