• Returns policy

    1421495532
    JM88 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1212
    • Joined: 12 Nov 2014

    Hi, i think the page about returns needs to be updated! It mentions a 365 day refund or exchange policy "quibble free" and for "whatever reason".

    I was due to return a faulty product (packaged and ready to go, as advised by live chat when i reported the issue last week). I contacted them to let them know that the item had been accidently damaged further before posting, but that i could temporarily "fix" the issue and was told that due to the accidental damage i cant send it back and am not entitled to an exchange.

    If this is the case then i think the returns page needs amending to include things that mean you cant send a faulty item back, and that it isnt quibble free.

    Sorry for the rant, but as it was one of my favourite toys i am disappointed that i feel i have been misled with regards to the returns policy.

    1421496006
    Skitty [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 731
    • Joined: 8 Jan 2012

    That must be really annoying and disappointing for you. I think I'd feel really upset if that had happened, particularly if it was with an expensive toy.

    I always like the idea of having a bit more clarification with the 365 day policy, particularly making any exceptions specific because it always seems too good to be true and I always wonder if there are particular circumstances under which you can't return items. Like one page on the site says that underwear can be returned but to keep on your own clothing, but a live chat advisor said it was fine to return it even if it had been tried on or worn previously.

    Anyway, really sorry to hear that you're in this predicament. Just wanted to +1 the idea of clarifying the returns policy for situations like this or confused people like me :)

    1421496343
    JM88 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1212
    • Joined: 12 Nov 2014

    Just to make it more confusing, i also contacted the help via email and received a generic "we are sorry to hear about the fault please send the item back to us". That email sounds like an automated one so i dont know if they actually read about the accidental damage.

    live chat says dont return it as i cant exchange it, email help says send it back?

    Which is it? I dont want to send it back if lh would throw it away and not exchange it as i can fix it enough to live with the original faults of i had to?

    1421496770
    FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1534
    • Joined: 20 May 2011

    n regards to the LH returns policy as far as I am aware it is quibble free, you can return an item for any reason even if you didn't like the item, no longer use the item ect for up to 365 days of purchase.

    In regards to your problem though if you've damaged the item then no store would ever take that back, even if you're still within your 30days warrenty, accidental damage is not covered by pretty much any guarentee. (The only ones that I know that cover accidental breakage is with some glass blowers on toys, they will cover ONE)

    With underwear it is different, if you try the underwear on over the clothes (As with in stores) and decide you don't like it then you can send it back, because it has been tried on over clothes it can be resold (Which is the same as trying on underwear in a shop) if you try it on without clothes then yes you can still return it as you're covered by LH returns, however LH can not re sell it on. Which is probably why they advise to try it on over clothes. but either way you're covered.

    1421496779
    Skitty [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 731
    • Joined: 8 Jan 2012

    I bet that as you said the email is probably automated and perhaps they didn't read about the accidental damage. I guess don't send it back yet and see what clarification you can get from another staff member?

    I really hope someone can give you more information about it and hopefully solve the problem.

    1421496993
    JM88 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1212
    • Joined: 12 Nov 2014

    Thanks frozen angel. I guess the problem is that the wand is faulty but you can only see that by plugging it in. Lh were made aware of it last week so it has been reported as a faulty electrical problem.

    I understand the wire would mean i cant send it back, and i wouldnt send it back if it was just the wire. I offered to fix the wire so that they could switch it on and investigate the original fault that was reported incase its something that needs investigating further if other wands in the batch had similar issues.

    The wire will be fixed so i can continue to use the wand, but it will still have the original faults that were reported.

    1421498031
    Subdom27 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1506
    • Joined: 27 May 2012

    Surely it shouldn't matter if it was accidentally damaged after the faults were found. It's not like they can fix it and sell it on, as it would have been a used sex toy!

    Seems strange to me. I hope you get this resolved quickly JM!

    1421498125
    FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1534
    • Joined: 20 May 2011

    It's one of those things I'm afraid. Say if you bought a bed, and the bed was damaged but you made 'changes' to the bed which fixed the problem. By making those changes you've invalidated the warrenty - even if the bed was originally damaged. (If that makes sense) I mean that may not be the case with LH, but in any retail I've worked in, it's always been the case.

    1421498697
    Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2249
    • Joined: 24 Oct 2012

    It makes sense if you think that whoever manufacturers the wand will reimburse LH the costs for one with a manufacturing fault. Obviously they won't if it has been tampered with or has obvious damage not related to manufacturing. Same with any company, really. Tis unfortunate in this case but what can you do :/

    Maybe another email saying you've had conflicting responses could get you a solid answer?

    1421498956
    Foxxy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1099
    • Joined: 29 Oct 2009

    I understand why you're frustrated, but I totally understand why lovehoney won't accept the return. Sadly, there are lots of dishonest people out there (I'm not at all suggesting you're one of them) who would try and work out how to get an item replaced which they accidently damaged themselves. They might think it ok to report a fault which would be covered by the returns policy, wait a few days, and then mention the accidental damage hoping LH would honour the first fault mentioned. Lovehoney obviously need to protect themselves. Also, they can't be certain that any temporary fix to the lead done by the customer, to enable it to be plugged in and tested, will be safe - and they can't endanger their staff in the returns department. Poor Roy doesn't want to be accidentally electrocuted :-(

    1421499490
    LibraLover [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 745
    • Joined: 16 Jul 2014

    I hope you get this resolved, and that the page is updated if there are exceptions so we all know about them before buying. Personally, I think you're due a refund, I don't know what you did to it but it seems like the wire broke awfully easily (unless you took a scissors to it!) which seems like a quality issue with the toy or another fault.

    1421499536
    JM88 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1212
    • Joined: 12 Nov 2014

    Thanks for the replies! Decided to repair it and keep using it until it dies then maybe look into getting a different one in the future.

    1421500832
    Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1520
    • Joined: 19 Sep 2010

    Give them a call on monday, rather using chats and emails, that way you can explain in detail what exactly has happened. It's much easier to do that over the phone and they should have your original issue on file.

    1421502217
    JM88 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1212
    • Joined: 12 Nov 2014

    Lovebirds_x wrote:

    It makes sense if you think that whoever manufacturers the wand will reimburse LH the costs for one with a manufacturing fault. Obviously they won't if it has been tampered with or has obvious damage not related to manufacturing. Same with any company, really. Tis unfortunate in this case but what can you do :/

    Maybe another email saying you've had conflicting responses could get you a solid answer?

    Thanks, i can understand the issue with regards to the wire and i know that if you tamper with electrical goods, like trying to get inside a dvd player etc that would make the warranty invalid.

    I guess the confusion stems from the no quibbles return policy. Afterall love honey isnt like a normal shop! Almost every item here would be invalid for a refund elsewhere. Like if you went into a sex shop bought a rabbit then took it back used because you didnt like it you wouldnt get a refund. Same with underwear. Most places online wont refund or replace used underwear. Even open lubes are refunded here.

    Thats the confusing part. I just think the returns page should clearly reflect cases where you cant return items just so its clear.

    1421504001
    Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2249
    • Joined: 24 Oct 2012

    JM88 wrote:

    Lovebirds_x wrote:

    It makes sense if you think that whoever manufacturers the wand will reimburse LH the costs for one with a manufacturing fault. Obviously they won't if it has been tampered with or has obvious damage not related to manufacturing. Same with any company, really. Tis unfortunate in this case but what can you do :/

    Maybe another email saying you've had conflicting responses could get you a solid answer?

    Thanks, i can understand the issue with regards to the wire and i know that if you tamper with electrical goods, like trying to get inside a dvd player etc that would make the warranty invalid.

    I guess the confusion stems from the no quibbles return policy. Afterall love honey isnt like a normal shop! Almost every item here would be invalid for a refund elsewhere. Like if you went into a sex shop bought a rabbit then took it back used because you didnt like it you wouldnt get a refund. Same with underwear. Most places online wont refund or replace used underwear. Even open lubes are refunded here.

    Thats the confusing part. I just think the returns page should clearly reflect cases where you cant return items just so its clear.

    Yeah it is something they should point out. I guess it could confuse people trying to explain their quibble free policy really is quibble free for anything, unless you've broken something yourself (accidentally or not). Then they adopt the rules of other return policies.

    I couldn't actually find any T&Cs for the returns policy, and not being able to return items with accidental damage definitely seems like a T&C that should be pointed out somewhere! I know they pride themselves on the 'quibble free' nature to encourage peoiple to buy...but it is kind of lying through not pointing out all the facts, if you know what I mean?

    It's not an unreasonable condition to put on returns at all, in fact I'm sure no one would mind or think less of LH if it was pointed out considering the policy is still beyond amazing, but it should be somewhere in writing! Saves people feeling let down or lied to when they are told they can't actually return something when they've been led to believe returns are accepted without question. I know I'd feel pretty betrayed :/

    1421504600
    Stuburns [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1869
    • Joined: 23 Nov 2011

    Any changes, damage or accidental damage made to any product by the customer will completely void any warranty on any product. However if you have accidental insurance on your home you could claim the cost on that although I guess the excess cost would outweigh the purchase cost.

    1421505506
    FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1534
    • Joined: 20 May 2011

    JM88 wrote:

    Lovebirds_x wrote:

    It makes sense if you think that whoever manufacturers the wand will reimburse LH the costs for one with a manufacturing fault. Obviously they won't if it has been tampered with or has obvious damage not related to manufacturing. Same with any company, really. Tis unfortunate in this case but what can you do :/

    Maybe another email saying you've had conflicting responses could get you a solid answer?

    Thanks, i can understand the issue with regards to the wire and i know that if you tamper with electrical goods, like trying to get inside a dvd player etc that would make the warranty invalid.

    I guess the confusion stems from the no quibbles return policy. Afterall love honey isnt like a normal shop! Almost every item here would be invalid for a refund elsewhere. Like if you went into a sex shop bought a rabbit then took it back used because you didnt like it you wouldnt get a refund. Same with underwear. Most places online wont refund or replace used underwear. Even open lubes are refunded here.

    Thats the confusing part. I just think the returns page should clearly reflect cases where you cant return items just so its clear.

    Underwear ect can be returned if worn in other places only if purchased online and delvered under the 7 day distance selling regulations. You have 7 days from the day of the delivery to advise the seller you're returning them for XYZ reasons.

    1421509566
    JM88 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1212
    • Joined: 12 Nov 2014

    Stuburns wrote:

    Any changes, damage or accidental damage made to any product by the customer will completely void any warranty on any product. However if you have accidental insurance on your home you could claim the cost on that although I guess the excess cost would outweigh the purchase cost.

    I understand that but what about if i just didnt like it? As someone else has mentioned lh cant sell on used toys, so if i sent the wand back in perfect condition but i just didnt like it i would be entitled to a refund or exchange no questions asked. As it stands i cant do this because it has a fault due to accidental damage on my part.

    Lh cant resell mine because its broken, but they also cant sell a used one so either way they cant make any profit on toys sent back?

    I have accepted im not going to get a replacement but i do think this should be represented clearly on the returns page that certain issues mean that the no quibble refund thing is void.

    I suppose its the same that if someone bought a vibrator that they used in the bath and it broke, then when they sent it back it was found out that the vibe wasnt waterproof then they wouldnt be entitled to a refund either since they broke it themselves?

    1421510916
    FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1534
    • Joined: 20 May 2011

    Under that if the vibe wasn't water proof and they broke it then IMO they shouldn't be entitled to a refund for that very reason.

    Personally I think the information around returns is straight forward. It is no quibble, if you damage an item yourself/alter it then it stands to reason you couldn't return it. I don't see why it needs to be put on the returns details as it's straight forward.

    If you went to Argos and putchased something that is covered under 30day MBG it doesn't say Unless you break it yourself.

    1421536594
    BF&GF [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 35
    • Joined: 1 Aug 2014

    I think it's pretty standard that they won't take it back due to accidental damage, no other company would. I understand that it was broken before, but how do they know that?

    I also see your point about them not being able to sell it if it was returned as unwanted, but shops have to give a refund for an unwanted items anyway if outlined in their returns policy (read here: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/i-want-to-return-my-goods-what-are-my-rights). So since there returns policy mentions nothing about accidental damage they don't have to give a refund. I assume a lot of their suppliers will take back unwanted goods from lovehoney, because otherwise they wouldn't make much money! But that's just speculation.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.