• Possible privacy issue?

LeROoooo [sign in to see picture]

I persoanlly have not received one of these emails and if its happening its very worrying. No company should be passing on your details to any third party without your consent.

LoveHoney's terms and conditions clearly state the following anything outside of this is a breach of their policy and dataprotection.

Data Protection

Lovehoney Limited is compliant with the Data Protection Act. We will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent. We only use your personal information in accordance with our http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/privacy/.

How we use your personal information

Personal information you provide is used by us only for the following purposes:

• To improve your shopping experience at our website

• To process your order

• With your permission, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you

Sharing of information

We do not sell or otherwise share your information with any third party. We use your information exclusively as stated within this Policy.

Disclosure of your information

We may share your personal information with members of Lovehoney's group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.

If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose such information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as may reasonably be required.

LeROoooo [sign in to see picture]

In addition to my previous post, I can confirm that I have actually received one of these emails from royal mail but there is no mention of LOVEHONEY.

Dear Customer,
    Royal Mail has received your item from [THE SECRET PHRASE] (Tracking No: XXXXXXXXXXXXX) at XXXXXX Delivery Office. Your item is now ready for delivery and we'll attempt to deliver it today subject to any alternative instructions that you've previously agreed with us.

Royal Mail.

Having looked in to this further I dont beleive there is cause for alarm or panic, names and address have to be passed to couriers and royal mail inorder for goods to be delivered.

It would be different if Lovehoney were prining the contents of the box on the lable but they are not.

Having said all that if lovehoney are now also passing email addresses to royal mail (which is common practise) they should make customers aware either at the point of purchase or in their terms and conditions and privacy policy, its then up to the individule if they want to continue with the purchase.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.