• Possible privacy issue?

fairehlights [sign in to see picture]

JM88 wrote:

fairehlights wrote:

Update: Checked out the RoyalSnail FAQs and Help Centre. The email donotreply@royalmail.com is their legitimate email, and not on the list of spam and/or virus emails that they have had reported.

I've sent them an email to ask for confirmation, and as said the staff here are working to sort it out to appear as LH :)

Noreply@royalmail.com was mine.

Sorry, so was mine. I'm a moron and can't read apparrently :')

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

After the excitement of the royal mail emailing me to say they will be delivering today, they didnt :( just bloody junk mail! Boo.

It's okay, mine was legit, and I still don't have my parcel: I left the house at 1:30.... The postperson was at the bottom of my street -.-

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

If your deliveries are anything like they are round my way, packages will come seperate to regular mail, and will arrive later - my regular post arrives around mid-day and then parcels come a bit later on in the afternoon. So I dunno, it might still turn up today!

I'm still not in though :P
    MIne come all together. Due to living up a huge duck-off hill, the postie comes up in the van so brings parcels too xD
    I'll just have to get it redelivered, unless there was an offchance it fitted through the letterbox...

crazy horse [sign in to see picture]

I live in the sticks and our post comes all together. But I have found that due to living in Northern Ireland, delivery is ALWAYS three days, always. It's very annoying.

I got mine delivered by the postman i like! He knows to knock at the door but be ready to deliver through the window :p

it felt odd though because usually theres one main post round in the early afternoon, but sometimes an extra one about 9 if its busy. Today we just had the afternoon one, but then about half hour later the postman pulled up outside mine, delivered my parcel and then drove off!

I feel special lol ot looked like he made a special journey just for me! He didnt but thats what i tell myself.

capricorn13 [sign in to see picture]

I had the same email this morning and must say I was surprised to see the full company name. I'm glad it is automated and not send by the local sorting office; my regular postman delivers rather a lot of these parcels to me!

Miss Pussycat [sign in to see picture]

I have had several emails like this now, and I was surprised at it showing full company name.

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

Just thought I'd pop on here and let you guys know I got one of these emails today and it says [the secret phrase], not the full company name...:)

Yay me too!

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

**Just a quick reminder**

Please don't use the secret phrase on the forum. Using it here makes us show up on Google, defeating the object of having a secret phrase in the first place.

Thank you!

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Please don't use the secret phrase on the forum. Using it here makes us show up on Google, defeating the object of having a secret phrase in the first place.

Thank you!

Sorry Jess, I didn't even think of that >_<

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Thank you!

Sorry Jess, I didn't even think of that >_<

Nor did i! I mentioned it on my first post and completely didnt think. Sorry!

Miss Pussycat [sign in to see picture]

I see the issue is now fixed, excellent this morning's email had the other name.

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

I got this emailfor the first time today i thought it was a bit strange as i never had one before but it didn't really bother me.

kanne [sign in to see picture]

I opted to collect my parcel from the Post Office. As I thought this might be the *least embarassing* option, in case someone at home received the parcel.

It all seemed to go ok, until the Post Office clerk had to type the sender's postcode ( 'the secret phrase postcode).. into her computer..Her attitude changed then and I think she knew it was lovehoney. So to check this, I went to the Royal Mail website's address checker and when I type the postcode that is on my parcel LOVEHONEY is the first company that comes up!!

So much for it being private and discreet.

A N Other Customer [sign in to see picture]

"So much for it being private and discreet."

Neither private or discrete and not legal either! To describe it as an "inconvenience" as suggested in an above response from 'LH WelshDave' it is somewhat inappropriate.

Passing customer's details including their email address and implied personal interest in the company involved is a serious breach of core data protection law.

I had two emails from RoyalMail today about an order and am now waiting for LH's considered reply to my complaint.

Given this has been occuring for the last month or more I am surprised the significance of LH's cavalier attitude to confidentiality hasn't already prompted a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner's office!

SensualFire [sign in to see picture]

Seriously A N why you posting so many times? One is enough to put your point across.

Foxxy [sign in to see picture]

It's not illegal anyway, lots of companies do exactly the same thing, I can think of several, very large retailers in fact!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.