• Mentioning Other Items In Reviews

Monkeysnacks [sign in to see picture]

Just read through the guide about how to write a good review and was wondering if it is possible to link to or mention other items within your review? For example I want to review this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17921, but in doing so I would probably like to mention this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7278 as I have always used the products together. Is mentioning other items in this way okay or is it frowned upon?

Obviously I would only be mentioning other items for sale on LH.

Petrichor [sign in to see picture]

I've mentioned what products i use together in a review before for adrien lastic triball beaded butt plug, i said that i particularly like it with cupids gspot smoothie vibrator, and it was accepted. I can't see why LH would have a problem with it, if anything it would help them sell more! I haven't included links though because reviews don't have html enabled for making a word into a clickable link, so it would have to be the full web address. I prefer to just use the exact title of a product on LH so it can be copied into the search box.

delilahxx [sign in to see picture]

I have mentioned other products in reviews usually if I am comparing them. Seems to be no problem.

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

You can mention them, but you can't link them.

Monkeysnacks [sign in to see picture]

Thanks to all for the info :)

Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]

I'll mention something in comparison, a cock ring I just got as tester was a pretty version of the lovehoney basics cock ring, had exactly same effect, but was miles more expensive so I said just that. Just think, if you were reading the review would you want to know this

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

I think comparing items is actually very helpful. Say you're comparing a bullet vibrator to another one, or mentioning a dildo you paired it with. I also find it very useful when people mention what toys they used a particular lube with, whether it was silicone or another material. Or you can compare consistency of one lube to another, in a positive or negative way.

If someone already has one of the items you mention, it makes it easier for them to relate to your review IMO.

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

Agreed - if I am able to do a comparison, then I will do - especially if the item I am reviewing is similar to something else i've used in the past, especially if it's better! I find it very helpful.

Peitho [sign in to see picture]

DavidB1986 wrote:

Agreed - if I am able to do a comparison, then I will do - especially if the item I am reviewing is similar to something else i've used in the past, especially if it's better! I find it very helpful.

+1 I find it really helpful when people compare similar items so if I can do a comparison or mention things that work well with the product I will.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

By all means - please do compare and contrast with other products we sell. That's a really useful way of highlighting the pros and cons for future shoppers and is something we often don't put in our descriptions.

You can't link to the other product, however you can certainly mention it in your review. Make sure you use the full name (as listed on Lovehoney) to help others find it and see what your comparing to.

Thanks for taking the time to review for us!

jon19 [sign in to see picture]

Thanks Jess, will bear that in mind for all future reviews.

Dota [sign in to see picture]

I actually find it extremely useful. Especially for more expensive toys.

lilmadam92 [sign in to see picture]

I love it when people compare. Normally because we own all the basics now so I wanna know if something is worth upgrading/swapping. Please do it! I know I will be in the next review I write x

JuicyJ89 [sign in to see picture]

I have done this in reviews, I do like reading it in other people's reviews as well it can be very helpful. I have mentioned as well when I have really loved something other items in that range that are also good!

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.