• Testing

Woody :) [sign in to see picture]

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, not sure if this has been stated anywhere else.

I am relatively new to posting on forums and wanted to check about the sex toy testing.

I have bought a couple of items from Lovehoney before and these have been reviewed on the site and have been published fine.

I have got a sex toy testers wishlist but I dont appear to be getting any offers from this.

Is there anything further that I can do?

Thanks in advance guys :)

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

Hi Woody,

Not sure what's happened, but I can only see one review - Lovehoney usually require a few more well written reviews before you are considered for a tester.

Also bare in mind, there are literally hundreds of people who would like to be chosen as a tester, and it's not possible for everyone to be chosen! The only thing you can do is to keep reviewing your purchases, keep checking the tester list and update your tester wishlist, and one day, you might be lucky!

When reviewing toys, think about all the things you would expect to see in a review - what would help make you decide that THIS is the TOY FOR YOU?

How is it packaged? How does it look/feel? Is it well made? Does it vibrate - if so, how strong are the vibrations? How did they feel? How easy was it to clean? How easy to use? How did you use it?

All these sorts of things can help potential customers when making their decisions.

Just be patient, and it may happen.

All the best!

naughty mum [sign in to see picture]

Select items in the sextoy tester drop down on the top right of site. You also need to be a bit active in the forums so they see you are not just popping in forva spot of lube!😄

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

Hi Woody!

Some of the items on your testers wishlist aren't on the Sex Toy Testers list at the moment, make sure to check it regularly and clean you list regularly to be in with the best chance of getting a tester. It also might help to be a little more active on the forums, but I don't think it's a necessity.

Also, sometimes "tester threads" are posted on the forum, which is when Lovehoney staff have some products for testing that genrally aren't on the website, so if you're more active on the forums you're more likely to see a thread, then you can comment to let them know if you would like to test any of the items.

You genrally need to have around 10 good quality reviews before being selected as a tester. You can make reviews more detailed by mentioning what the packaging was like, what your first impressions were, what the toy was like to use, if you used it with a partner and what they thought of the product, what it was like to use, whether you would reccomend it to others and any advice you have to give to them, and if you think it's value for money.

You could also look on the lovehoney blog at their "Review of the Month" section and have a read through them. That will give you an idea of good quality reviews.

Good luck :)

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

The advice everyone here has given it top-notch!

The key things you should do to increase the chances of being picked are:

- Keep your Sex Toy Tester Wishlist up to date with products we have available for testing
    - Comment on 'Tester Threads' regularly to put your name forward for review items
    - Submit as many reviews as you possibly can so we can sample your writing style and ability.

Currently I can only see one review attached to your account. We usually like to see several examples of your writing before we send out freebies so if you have any other toys, lubes or lingerie you can review, that would be great.

Also, the longer and more detailed your reviews are, the more likely you'll be chosen to test a toy for us. Really try to elaborate on what made the toy great/not-so-great as much as possible in order to help another member. Ideally, reviews should provide new customers with more/different information than the info in our descriptions, to help them make a decision.

I hope that helps! Good luck!

DreamOfTheEndless [sign in to see picture]

Wow. After reading a thread on this, I changed my wish-list name to 'Sex Toy Tester' this morning and after all of an hour later, I'vre received an email saying I'm being sent something from it to review!

Thank-you so much, LH. This is my first tester review. I'm really excited, That's made my day. :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.