Welcome to Lovehoney's weekly sex blog round-up!
As usual, I, Harrie Handley, will be your compere, your ring master and your guide through everything smutty and saucy in the blogosphere.
See my latest picks of naughtiness and suggest one of your own!
- So Halloween has come and gone. In the end I dressed up as a zombie sailor girl. I must say that this year's standard of good costumes was immense. In my local pub alone I happened to meet the Virgin Atlantic cabin crew, a very much alive Elvis, a schizophrenic devil and Dog the Bounty Hunter. Of course it's not just me that seems to be talking about how great their Halloween was this year. It seems that a lot of effort was put in by everyone, including the celebs. Check out what the A list dressed up as over at Jezebel. I love Gwen Steffani's Jessie the Cowgirl outfit. Not sure about Mariah Carey's angelic look though.
- The Cowgirl, the Cowboy, Doggy, Scissors, Spoons, 69... the list of sex positions goes on and on but if you're anything like John DeVore over at the Frisky then you'll agree that the Greatest Sex Position Ever is missionary. And in the hope of not sounding boring, I may have to agree!
- It's all in the name of scientific research, apparently. This article on the Nerve, filed under their 'I Did It For Science' section is entitled 'Selling Panties on Craigslist'. Would you sell your used underwear for a quick buck? This lady did and it makes for quite a good story!
- I discovered this blog, The Red Sneaker Diaries, a few days ago and ever since I've been hooked on it. There's everything you could possibly want from one sex blog - saucy erotica, honest reviews on sex toys, spot on advice and a great insight into one hell of a sex life! I recommend giving it a look.
- Sex and birth control has come a long, long way. After reading this article about the Evolution of Birth Controlon News Week I'm actually rejoicing over the modern day condom. 18th century condoms were made out of animal guts and packaged in paper envelopes. Think I'll stick with Durex, thanks.
- I do love following the dating adventures of Harriet Donato on O'Joy. Not only do we have the same first name but we also seem to have the same bad luck with terrible men. Her latest installment on her love life is called No No NoNoNo and I think you can guess by that title that it's not a story that ends with wedding bells ringing.
Amidst the giddy sex toy revolution that is Sqweel, it's easy to forget that men like sex toys too - but we haven't! Recently we've seen the launch of better-than-ever male sex toys from both Fleshlight and TENGA - and just in case you missed them, here's a quick low-down...
This week's round-up is full of fun and frolics!
From sexy quizzes to accidental penises, this blog post is designed to educate you in all the weird and wonderful things that are going on in the sex blogosphere this week!
Read on to find out the best of the best...
- This is my final installment of Halloween greatness before the big night approaches this weekend. And even though I have been talking about this non-stop the past few weeks I still haven't chosen what I want to go as. Luckily the internet is full of possibilities and I've been browsing many sites for costume ideas. The Frisky have a few ideas on how to create Halloween costumes while living in these recession times in their post Free Halloween Costumes Already Hanging In Your Closet. I like their French idea, especially as I would get to wear stripes. However, I must say that today I feel very lucky to work at Lovehoney with our extensive range of sexy costumes and dress up ideas. I'm really considering going as a sexy sailor. It's the little hats that do it for me!
- Something I don't recommend this Halloween are these instructions on making your own home made sex toys... out of a pumpkin! I came across this while looking on the About Sexuality site. It seems a little bit pointless to me, seeing as you have to buy a dildo to get most of these alterations to work, so why not just use the dildo and save yourself the bother? And why would you ever want to perform frottage with a pumpkin?! Each to their own I suppose. There is also a fun quiz on this site, Baby Toy Or Sex Toy? It's a lot harder than it sounds. I got an average 8 out of 15. Why not see if you can beat it?
- I thought Your Tango posed some really good opinions in their Community Blog with the subject The Feminist Side Of Pole Dancing. 'Pole dancing is a controversial sport. It's hard to do; you have to have excellent core and upper body strength, and you have to be fairly coordinated. But it’s also undeniably erotic. Watching it immediately conjures up sexual thoughts for men, and most likely even for some women. It is inexorably linked to exotic dancing, otherwise known as stripping. Therein lies the feminist dilemma.' I happen to think that Pole Dancing is a very empowering thing for women and it's great to hear a piece, written by a woman, celebrating women publicly displaying their sexuality. Three cheers for the rise of pole dancing and erotica!
- I found this site last week, Accidental Dong, and I think it's hilarious. It's full of all things that accidentally look like penis', and most of the time I just think 'How could the manufacturers not realise that looked like a giant cock?!'
That's all from me this week. Why not get in touch with your Halloween shenanigans and pictures? I'd love to see what everyone gets up to. Have a happy Halloween!
The Venus Berlin show was quite an eye-opening experience!
In between the naked girls with Rosebud Stainless Steel Butt Plugs and the guys wearing Leather Bit Gags pulling chariots complete with horse harnesses and reins, there were lots of clothed people too.
Many of these clothed people were sex toy manufacturers.
The Lovehoney Sex Toys TV team saw lots of these non-naked manufacturers at Venus Berlin, as well as the designers, brand leaders and inventors behind some of the most orgasmic sex toys around!
As well as sharing stories and drinks with these lovely porner types, we also got them to explain their latest ranges of sex toys and give us a sneak peek at some very special products coming soon!
Keep checking Sex Toys TV over the coming weeks for brand new videos from Berlin but if you simply can’t wait, check out the teaser below the jump.
The topic of 'people that you fancy, but probably shouldn't' recently came up in the Lovehoney office, with a few embarrassing admissions from various members of the team!
Amongst the strange sex appeal ranks were Jack Nicholson, Terry Venables and the guy that plays Mr Gilbert in 'The Inbetweeners'.
Wanting a wide range of opinions, we turned to the Lovehoney Community for their answers!
The Community is made up of over 10,000 brilliant people who chat about sex, sex toys, dating and relationships - with the odd random topic thrown in too! So who better to ask than the people who taught me what a soggy biscuit is?
Here are the top five people that you fancy, but probably shouldn't as chosen by the brilliant Lovehoney Community:
1) Tina Turner
Forum member tallboy247 agreed on this sultry songstress who is still sexy at seventy:
"To be fair, Tina Turner is a hot piece, even now! Meooww... Bet she has a few notches on her bed post as well!"
2) Charlie Brooker
Three forum members had to confess to having a crush on Mr Brooker despite his unusual looks and scathing wit *swoon*. Fr33b1rd commented:
"I have to agree with everyone on Charlie Brooker. It's nice to know it's not just me."
3) Lily Allen
The sex appeal of this cockney lass is an acquired taste, but mimiaow explains:
"So terribly annoying and I also cannot stand her music; definitely one of those unwanted crushes. My friends give me such grief for it."
4) Cheetara from Thundercats
Not the only cartoon character that was mentioned but one of the more unusual ones, to say the least! SexyGet 69 said:
"Cheetara had a fit body but I probably shouldn't fancy her as she is an animation..."
5) Alan Alda (Hawkeye from M*A*S*H)
No matter how many times poppy904 explains it; this is still a crush that eludes me!
"As I've said a million times – Alan Alda... I just love a man who oozes genuine intelligence (even if it is just a character in a TV programme!)"
Want to confess your secret shameful crush? Join the Lovehoney Community and let us know who makes your strange sex appeal list!
We're over half way through October and I'm loving every minute of it!
Not just because of the falling autumn leaves, the dark evenings and the almost-but-not-quite festive spirit, but because the blogosphere is alive with the sound of sex (squelchy)!
From sexy Halloween goodies to hot girls in coffins, from unusual sex toys to saucy Twitter updates, this week's blog round-up is full of the greatest news stories you can find online.
- I did warn you last week that as Halloween approaches I get more and more excited! This week my Halloween searches have led me to some strange and wonderful places indeed. My first stop was over at College Candy where I couldn't help but agree whole heartedly with Brianna and her post 'Note to the Guys: Bring the Sexy This Halloween!' This year it's all about getting men into sexy Halloween costumes. I'm thinking firemen, police officers and, it might just be me, mechanics - there's just something about them I can't get enough of!
- Something that definitely ticks the strange category, comes from the News:lite site. Apparently an Italian company that makes coffins has launched it's very own sexy calendar for 2010. Beautiful, scantily clad ladies and, er, coffins. It's what wet dreams are made of!
- This article on the Cracked site explores 18 of The World's Most Disturbing Sex Toys and had me laughing quite a bit. Examples include the Goo Gobblin' Granny, The Cannon and my favouriteThe Drippy Dragon. I must say, I had a lot of fun on this site. I really recommend taking a look at some of their other posts while you there as they are brilliant.
- Another follow on to last weeks blog regards Twitter. My Twittering ability seems to be coming on leaps and bounds (follow me @HoneyHarrie if you like) and it's all helped by good advice such as the 10 Things You Should Never Tweet After Sex on the Asylum site. Thank you Asylum for your great and funny advice!
This week's sex blog round-up has been inspired by the latest and greatest sex toy, the Lovehoney Sqweel Oral Sex Simulator.
Now, we're not ones to toot our own horn here at Lovehoney but it has received some quite major acclaim from all over the blogosphere, so thank you to everyone who blogged about it - good and bad - we appreciate your honesty!
If you've got a blog post that you'd like to see feature in my weekly blog round-up, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
- So the Sqweel - 10 Tongued, Oral-Sex Overlord has finally arrived and I couldn't be happier! Lovehoney have finally cracked that last problem in the puzzle when it comes to sexual simulation, and that's oral sex. Gone are the days when oral sex was a solo disaster. Gone are the days of begging and pleading for some cunnilingus action. With my Sqweel it no longer matters. Not convinced? Why not read this review of it on My Sex Professor? Debby Herbenick gives the low down on the product of the moment that's got everyone talking. Already got one? Why not read my top tips before reading Ambers orgasmic Sqweel pointers on Scarlet's Letter? You can thank us later!
- Halloween is fast approaching and I cannot wait! Trawling through the internet, I found so many Halloween related goodies that my mind now boggles with ideas on what to dress up as. I did really like this post on Jezebel and I couldn't agree more that If You're Going to Wear a sexy Halloween Costume At Least Be Creative. It's all very well and good going as a Vampire but after the whole Twilight/R Pattz swooning that's overcome the majority of girls recently, you really won't be the only one sporting pointed teeth and a white face this Halloween. Not that there's anything that wrong with the classic costumes, but like these sexy ladies on Gizmodo, there is so much you can do to make your outfit unique.
- I also found these two sites which are NOT sexy! Coilhouse are showing the Scariest Workout Video Ever Made, which isn't so much scary as it is really quite funny. I want to work out to it! And then I found this on Internet-d: Sexy costumes for dogs. I cannot believe something like this actually exists!
- I recently joined the crazy world of Twitter, and I must say after spending the first few weeks baffled by it I'm finally getting my head around it (follow me at honeyharrie if you fancy an insight into my Lovehoney world!) and I would probably go as far as saying I'm becoming slightly addicted. I somehow managed to find this site, Historical Tweets, which had me stifling laughs at my desk as I tried to hide the fact I was having way more fun then I should be when its work time. I particularly like the Gandhi tweet 'Punched an old lady today. Feel bad.'
- I can't help but feel sorry for men a little bit. What with the ranges of highly equipped sex toys out on the market, and now even the Sqweel to replace their tongues, I can't help but feel men are feeling a little bit neglected and probably,ever so slightly threatened by our love for all things designed to buzz, pulse and get us off. So I suggest they read this blog post entitled 'Toys Are Your Friend', on Ojoy for a little bit of reassurance, because lets face it, my vibrator never calls, has not once offered to take me out and is nothing like the real thing!
- And finally, just for fun, have a read of these hilarious penis haikus. They are brilliant!
More fun and frolics from the sex blogosphere!
Check out my top picks for the best sex blog posts around and get in touch if you have any recommendations of your own.
- Every year I get very excited about Halloween. I love dressing up. As a child I loved the free sweets and as a grown up I love the free alcoholic jelly shots that bars give out. This year I'm still deciding on what my costume will be, although I'm half tempted to go as a cliched vampire just so I can carry a Death by Orgasm around with me (a bullet vibe that comes in its own coffin case - it doesn't get any more Hallo-weenie than that!). As I was searching for a suitable costume for this year's scare fest I stumbled on this site Goths in Hot Weather. Like the title suggests this site is a collection of Goths and their presence in the sun, all the while they still clad themselves out in all black, with trench coats and those big clunky boots. Very funny indeed!
- Check out this weeks Love It! Magazine to find out which Lovehoney toys were rated the greatest by the Love It! readers. Needless to say the winner was the Lovehoney Jessica Rabbit 2.0 Rabbit Vibrator. With all its multiple speeds and rotating beads it's no wonder it came out on top. To be honest though, after reading the latest news on the Rockin Rabbits site, anything must be better than this woman's home made vibrator that ended up putting her in hospital. I have two things to say. 1. 'Ouch' and 2. 'What on earth was she thinking?!'
- Did you know that the clitoris is the only organ in either the male or female body whose only purpose is to give pleasure? And a lot of pleasure at that, which I'm more than sure you ladies already know! But after reading the article Clitology on Eden Fantasy's Sexis magazine it would seem there is so much more to the clitoris that we are yet to discover but it should be fun finding out!
- Happy Birthday to Durex! For 80 years (that's older than my Nan) Durex has been providing the world with quality means for safe sex. Feartherlite, ribbed, flavoured, you name the condom and Durex has it. Yet many people are still not using such easy protection when having sex, even though the risks are waved in the nation's pretty faces on an almost daily basis.
This article on the AOL News site suggests that shyness could be whats causing our poor sexual health. They suggest a few ways to help build bedroom confidence that will hopefully help with any embarrassment when it comes to contraception and the like.There's also a few facts and figures to shock you into using protection. Or if you really want to be shocked why not calculate the number of direct and indirect sexual partners you've had on the Sex Degrees of Seperation Calculator. I did it, and although its not in the millions like some peoples, it did get me thinking just how at risk we all are. So just remember the number one rule - No glove, No love!
- Another site that grabbed my attention this week was Date Wrecks. All of those nightmare dating scenarios you imagine from online dating seems to be reality for poor singleton Jami. Some of the dates she's been on are hilarious to read (although I'm sure the dates weren't funny at the time!). I think I may just stay single!
Sexual education shouldn't stop once you leave school, in fact, that is when it should really begin!
Sex advice is always available from Agony Aunts in magazines and newspapers and if you have the time, it's always worth picking up a better sex guide to dip in and out of before you get busy.
But having the time to really concentrate on learning new techniques and taking on new ideas is often difficult, especially in the current busy and bustling world where there's always a form that needs filling in or a Twitter account to update!
But what if you could pick up sexy hints and tips on your morning run? Or how about learning the most exciting, confidence-building, sex-enhancing techniques whilst wandering around the supermarket?
Well, now you can! In fact, you can get brilliant sex advice from Susan Quilliam and Jim Davis of LBC fame, anytime and anywhere with their new audio downloads!