Polyamory, Blindfolds and The Fifty Shades Effect - Lovehoney's Week in Sex News
Between hipster dildos and small penis competitions, it's been an exciting week in the world of sex.
But here at the Lovehoney office, we've only had one thing on our minds. Who wins the dozen limited edition TENGA eggs from our competition last week? You commented in your droves, but we could only choose 12 lucky winners - find out if you were chosen below.
This week, we've decided to give away a luxury Lelo Tor II Rechargeable Vibrating Cock Ring, worth a whopping £78.99! Once again, we'll be choosing the winner from the comments, so all you have to do is give us your opinions on the blog below.
To celebrate our luxury couple's toy giveaway, we have a couple-themed sex news round up for you this week. Enjoy, and remember to check back next Sunday to find out if you're a winner!
- Make Love Not Porn has been hitting the headlines recently - the company are attempting to highlight the falsified nature of porn and educate about "real couple" sex. Members of the site can upload and view videos of real couples having sex for a small fee. The pro-porn site has reported that Britain and Ireland are both among the countries that create the most traffic.
- Fifty Shades of Grey is a big deal - it's the bestselling book of all time, it's being made into a star-studded movie, and author E L. James is collaborating with Lovehoney to release an exlusive sex toy range inspired by the books. But did you realise that it's also changed how its readers have sex? According to a new survey, couples who have read the book are having sex three times more often, are trying more sexual positions, and feel emotionally closer to their partners. Pass it over...
- Our word of the week for this Sunday is amaurophilia- arousal from having sex with someone who can't see you. Amaurophiliacs like their partners to wear a blindfold during lovemaking. Being unable to see is a great way of becoming closer to your parter emotionally and sexually. Read our guide to Using a Blindfold for Better Sex for hints and tips for explosive blindfolded sex.
- Think you've blown your chances at a relationship by having a one night stand? Not necessarily, says our very own sexpert Tracey Cox. New research shows that couples who sleep together on the first night are as likely to have a serious relationship than those who wait longer.
- We all know couples come in different shapes and sizes, can you have a couple with more than two people? Our very own Hella talks us through the world of Monogamy, Polygamy and Polyamory and explains what they mean to modern society. Do you think infidelity is good or bad for a relationships? Our favourite sex education vlogger, the wonderful Laci Green, breaks it down below.
- Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for - the winners of last week's giveaway are LouLou22, Sue LolaPasha, Tom, Myke1982, Denice, Kirsty Mead, Cheryl, Amy, Emma Louise Garrett, Rie Luna, Bakewell and Alex. Congratulations! We'll be in touch tomorrow to get your delivery information. If you weren't one of the lucky winners this week, comment below for a chance to win a Lelo Tor II Rechargeable Vibrating Cock Ring. The winner will be announced next Sunday.