Sapiosexuality, the Human Mating Season and an Island Called Dildo: Lovehoney's Week in Sex News
Working with sex toys every day means strange and enlightening things pass ours desk regularly (the Jack Boot Spanking Paddle springs to mind) but at least once a day we'll see something that makes us exclaim "Well that's quite interesting...".
Bearing that in mind, we decided to round up the best writing on the web about sex, sexuality, relationships and, of course, sex toys for your enjoyment this dreary August Bank Holiday.
So grab a cup of coffee and a comfy seat and indulge in some lazy bank holiday reading (and viewing).
Here's what we've been talking about this week...
Photo by ruffledsheets.
- We’ve just found out that there’s a island called Dildo off the coast of Canada - sounds like an ideal holiday destination to us! Who's up for exploring Barry's Cove?
- Over on BlogHer, they're pondering the question: Do Humans Have a Mating Season? Check out the blog for a full and in-depth analysis, but for the executive summary: “It looks like there's a six-month cycle, and the 'vacation and holiday effect' is in force.”
- According to our recent survey (Think You’re Noisy in the Bedroom? You’re Not Alone...) 94% of women feel they are louder than their partners in bed. There are many theories behind why this may be, and this interesting wiki article on Female Copulatory Vocalization explores a number of them (the article does presume a male-female pairing, we wonder if there’s any research about female copulatory vocalization in lesbian relationships?).
- This week, we were discussing being sapiosexual on the Lovehoney forum. Sapiosexuality is the idea that intelligence is the single most important factor in sexual attraction to another person - and everything else falls into an order after that. Check out the thread.
- Doc Johnson’s new Wonderland Collection is debuting on Lovehoney this week. Which is your favourite? White Wabbit, Pleasurepillar, Mystical Mushroom, Kinky Cat or Heavenly Heart?
- And finally, as it's a bank holiday and Nicole and I are working, we thought we'd run a special competition to give us a warm glow. We'll be giving away a TENGA Red Flip Hole (worth £63.99) - all you need to do is leave us a comment on to enter. Our winner has now been picked - congratulations Tap Sum Bong!