Seven Health Benefits of Sex
Increased life expectancy, health and fitness - sex just keeps getting better!
1. You may be better off hitting the sack rather than the running machine! Regular intercourse improves muscle tone, flexibility and circulation, and it provides cardiovascular conditioning by raising the heart rate. If you have sex three times a week for a year, you burn 75,000 calories, which is roughly the equivalent of 75 miles of jogging!
2. Forget botox – plenty of orgasms can make us look up to 10 years younger.
3. Sex is actually a beauty treatment. Scientific tests have revealed that when women make love, they produce the hormone oestrogen, which makes hair shiny and keeps skin smooth and glowing.
4. The British Medical Journal has stated that the more orgasms you have, the longer your life expectancy. And apparently men who climax only once a month are 50% more likely to die prematurely than those who climax twice a week.
5. It’s been suggested that as frequent male orgasm drains the body of seminal fluid, it can help a man avoid both congestive prostatis (inflammation of the prostate gland) and prostate cancer.
6. Sexual intimacy, as well as orgasms, increases levels of the hormone oxytocin, nick-named "the love hormone". Oxytocin helps us to bond and nurture each other, generating trust and generosity. And as oxytocinin surges, it also releases endorphins - which reduce pain and blood pressure. These natural ‘feelgood’ chemicals have a similar effect to morphine, reducing anxiety and alleviating the pain of everything from a headache to arthritis.
7. Satisfying sex can also boost our self-esteem, and help us handle stress more effectively. Plus we sleep better afterwards.
Refreshingly frank and funny, actress and presenter Julie Peasgood delivers practical information to transform your sex life. The Greatest Sex Tips in the World explores the world of eroticism, revealing secrets and techniques that will energise and enhance your enjoyment.